OT: - Syracuse | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I banned all 4 of my kids from applying to cuse or bc. No way I could stomach sending either of them a check.
Yeah if my kids wanted to go to Cuse or BC on their own dime, I'd try talking them out of it never mind my own money going to either school. Ain't no way.
But to each his own

Reaction Score
I banned all 4 of my kids from applying to cuse or bc. No way I could stomach sending either of them a check.

Duke and Cuse will get my kids disowned. Cuse is from me, Duke because my wife is a UNC grad. Traitors deserve no quarter.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We could be playing Jabbar UCLA, Olajuwon Houston and Larry Johnson UNLV and these deuchebags would still be complainng that our road was too easy.

As if Auburn was some juggernaut if they couldn't beat Yale FFS

Better yet, the ball getting stuck between the rim and backboard was the only thing that prevented us from being in their path in the 2003 tournament (we destroyed them both times we played them that season and had no issued with their zone). If that wasn't some miracle of luck assisting in a national title, I don't think anything qualifies as luck giving someone a better path to the championship.

Reaction Score
As if Auburn was some juggernaut if they couldn't beat Yale FFS
I think Auburn thought they could mail that one in. If they played 10 times, Auburn probably wins 8-9 of them. Happy to see Yale win. Ivy League basketball has been much improved.

Reaction Score
Better yet, the ball getting stuck between the rim and backboard was the only thing that prevented us from being in their path in the 2003 tournament (we destroyed them both times we played them that season and had no issued with their zone). If that wasn't some miracle of luck assisting in a national title, I don't think anything qualifies as luck giving someone a better path to the championship.
That's a great point. I never really thought about that b/c we were still a couple of games away from the Final Four. Calhoun was in the studio breaking down the zone during the Final Four b/c we had so much success against it.

Reaction Score
The thing about Syracuse is how bad the weather is there. Not just in winter where they get tons of snow, but all year round. It has been reported that they get 10 totally sunny days a year.

Reaction Score
It had taken a long time, but I think they have finally reached the acceptance stage of grief.

It pains me to say this, but Danny Hurley is the best coach in CBB right now
christmas vacation gift

Reaction Score
We’re in the middle of March madness with the number one team in the country, and the Boneyard is posting about Syracuse (right down to its crappy weather.)

Seems wierd, but somehow I think this is great for the mojo.
Healthier than obsessing about potential opponents or our guys. No real MOJO danger there, just a couple UConn fans having a beer or twenty and running out of things to talk about.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We’re in the middle of March madness with the number one team in the country, and the Boneyard is posting about Syracuse (right down to its crappy weather.)

Seems wierd, but somehow I think this is great for the mojo.

The only other thing I have to say about Syracuse is that I am never going back to that city as long as I live.

Reaction Score
The thing about Syracuse is how bad the weather is there. Not just in winter where they get tons of snow, but all year round. It has been reported that they get 10 totally sunny days a year.
It's not quite that bad and summer is actually pretty nice in the area, but yeah, from like November through April, even when it's not snowing it's gray a lot of the time and Seasonal Affected Disorder is an issue.

Reaction Score
It had taken a long time, but I think they have finally reached the acceptance stage of grief.

It pains me to say this, but Danny Hurley is the best coach in CBB right now
I love Dasher. He might the biggest idiot out there. But most of their fans realize what's going on.

Cuse can get back to a respectable place. but being a top 20 program is going to be tough in a very toxic ACC. I also don't think they can hire a great coach (Nate Oats isn't going there) so they are hoping that Red is their guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom