Syracuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How can uconn fans take any enjoyment in another teams losses with how bad your team is? I typically dont enjoy uconn losses because have fans in the family but certainly cant enjoy your level of suck this year with cuse being so bad. Doesnt add up to me.

Because our dumpster fire is because of 2 out of 3 best players are lost for season and 3 of 3 of them of gone for the previous 2 losses. We're gonna be fine. We actually have useful players recruited and coming back from injury next year. Your dumpster fire is at full strength with a nose picking overrated coach who has more than overstayed his welcome out of hubris . Because of this you have absolute zero recruiting class and will either be stuck with lame duck boeheim yet again, or lol mike Hopkins.
And I know you know all this because I saw you on your board announcing you were checking out for the season.

Frank Howard does not equal jalen adams. Hell he doesn't equal Christian vital.

Sleep well.

Reaction Score
And I know you know all this because I saw you on your board announcing you were checking out for the season.

Frank Howard does not equal jalen adams. Hell he doesn't equal Christian vital.

Sleep well.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yet he comes here!!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How can uconn fans take any enjoyment in another teams losses with how bad your team is? I typically dont enjoy uconn losses because have fans in the family but certainly cant enjoy your level of suck this year with cuse being so bad. Doesnt add up to me.
Easy to explain.
Recent rivalry. I'm sure there are Syracuse fans enjoying UConn's struggles in spite of Syracuse's problems.
Syracuse got into a great basketball conference. UConn didn't. Felt like an abandonment that destroyed the OBE. Even if UConn was having a great season this would have been enough to cause the resentment.

Most importantly, the majority of us can't stand public nose picking.

Reaction Score
PC has benefited from the easier competition, but all that success came with Dunn. Considering their recruiting class ranks in 2016 and 2017 it does not appear they have taken advantage of their golden years on the recruiting front. Man its sad the golden years are 1 tournament win.
The first year, Dunn was out injured. They won the big east tournament behind Bryce Cotton.

Reaction Score
Im not sure prov will luck out in having a 5* pg in their back yard very soon again, but hey, you never know.
Which, much to their consternation, they really only got because of the scholarship sanctions here. Oh well.

Nothing Cuse is doing makes me happy this year. Now if we were playing well, winning games then I'd be elated but that's not quite the deal.
Agreed, mau. Frankly, for a long time I pulled for Syracuse OOC. That ended when their fans reveled so thoroughly in our being left in the AAC. Other than them (BC, and to a lesser extent Louisville and Pitt), I have a soft spot for most other former BE schools.

Reaction Score
What exactly is your rationale for optimism? You have a great brand, o.k. You are bad this year and may have a worse roster the following year. And then JB is supposedly leaving. Replacing a legendary coach is a tall order any situation. Doing so much a barren roster is that much more difficult. You must have a lot more faith in Hopkins that than majority of the Cuse fanbase does.

The past 30 or so years is my rationale. It doesnt matter what the fan base thinks. I find most people to be not the most intelligent of beings.

Reaction Score
Easy to explain.
Recent rivalry. I'm sure there are Syracuse fans enjoying UConn's struggles in spite of Syracuse's problems.
Syracuse got into a great basketball conference. UConn didn't. Felt like an abandonment that destroyed the OBE. Even if UConn was having a great season this would have been enough to cause the resentment.

Most importantly, the majority of us can't stand public nose picking.

Cuse fans post the same crap on our board. I cant see how either fan base could take any enjoyment out of this year. I was at msg and would have been only slightly less let down in cuse won that pitiful game. The dissappointment of our teams should >>>>>>>>>> outweight any equally pitiful play by another program. It just doesnt seem relevant right now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Cuse fans post the same crap on our board. I cant see how either fan base could take any enjoyment out of this year. I was at msg and would have been only slightly less let down in cuse won that pitiful game. The dissappointment of our teams should >>>>>>>>>> outweight any equally pitiful play by another program. It just doesnt seem relevant right now.

UConn could bee 351st in the RPI. If Syracuse was 352 I'd consider the season salvaged.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
PC has benefited from the easier competition, but all that success came with Dunn. Considering their recruiting class ranks in 2016 and 2017 it does not appear they have taken advantage of their golden years on the recruiting front. Man its sad the golden years are 1 tournament win.
So has every college in the conference.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You happen to be a person who doesn't derive pleasure in other peoples misery. But there are people who do. You don't feel the need to put others down to elevate yourself, but others do. There are lots of reasons why this happens.

I would bet anything the satisfaction people derive is minimal relative to the disappointment. I would also wager that a significant number of fans for both teams have minimal negative impact from this season because they have a lot of other interests to reduce the negative impact or are have the type of personality that doesn't take a losing season to heart. And some of these fans might not understand why you are so disappointed.

Bottom line is we are hardwired and/or programmed differently from one another hence our thoughts, feelings, values, actions and reactions will always be different from one another. It use to mystify me that people would struggle to understand basic human behavior. No longer. Too many people have just a rudimentary breakdown of behavior and that simplistic understanding leads to problems.

If a car doesn't start I don't starting shouting at it and insist it starts. Well initially I do. But I know enough about cars to understand there is a physical reason for the car's "behavior" such as no gas, battery dead, loose wire, computer virus and so on.

Reaction Score

Eh, UConn's success is far and away my first priority, but my dislike for other schools can still exist in a vacuum. I consider them to be separate events.

Reaction Score
No matter how poorly they may be in a given year, no matter what happens, a Michigan fan will glean some shadenfreude from an OSU loss on the level of what upchucks you guys have put forth this season. Doesn't mean we are made happy about our own season, or that the enjoyment is any more than fleeting. But the joy is felt regardless. We have had our own fair share of embarrassing losses worthy of some ridicule from you guys.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You happen to be a person who doesn't derive pleasure in other peoples misery. But there are people who do. You don't feel the need to put others down to elevate yourself, but others do. There are lots of reasons why this happens.

I would bet anything the satisfaction people derive is minimal relative to the disappointment. I would also wager that a significant number of fans for both teams have minimal negative impact from this season because they have a lot of other interests to reduce the negative impact or are have the type of personality that doesn't take a losing season to heart. And some of these fans might not understand why you are so disappointed.

Bottom line is we are hardwired and/or programmed differently from one another hence our thoughts, feelings, values, actions and reactions will always be different from one another. It use to mystify me that people would struggle to understand basic human behavior. No longer. Too many people have just a rudimentary breakdown of behavior and that simplistic understanding leads to problems.

If a car doesn't start I don't starting shouting at it and insist it starts. Well initially I do. But I know enough about cars to understand there is a physical reason for the car's "behavior" such as no gas, battery dead, loose wire, computer virus and so on.

You might shout at your wife if she forgot to put gas in the tank.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Sucks all the way around, the BEAST was such a good conference, the break up has hit not only us hard, but Cuse, Gtown and Providence.
PC was very good last year and Cuse went to the Final 4.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
PC was very good last year and Cuse went to the Final 4.
Did you see Syracuses regular season? They did not deserve to be in the tourney. The teams at the top of the big east now we're never always there when UConn cuse ville Pitt Norte dame

Reaction Score
Did you see Syracuses regular season? They did not deserve to be in the tourney. The teams at the top of the big east now we're never always there when UConn cuse ville Pitt Norte dame

Villanova and Georgetown were periodically. Nova was a 1 seed in 2006, in the Final Four in 2009, and a 2 seed in 2010. Georgetown had some high seeds, and made the Final Four in 2008. The rest of them, yeah, they hadn't really been relevant since the mid-1990s, if they were even in the conference.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Villanova and Georgetown were periodically. Nova was a 1 seed in 2006, in the Final Four in 2009, and a 2 seed in 2010. Georgetown had some high seeds, and made the Final Four in 2008. The rest of them, yeah, they hadn't really been relevant since the mid-1990s, if they were even in the conference.
wasn't really referring to those two especially nova

Reaction Score
Nothing Cuse is doing makes me happy this year. Now if we were playing well, winning games then I'd be elated but that's not quite the deal.
Old folks have some sayings that you wonder WTF? And then it hits you why its forever said through generations.

In this thread's case it them saying "misery loves company".

Reaction Score

Not that it really changes your post, but Marquette, too. I'm actually just realizing having looked it up that they made the tournament all eight years they were in the Big East. That's impressive...not sure if anybody else did that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom