Syracuse | The Boneyard

Syracuse

Reaction Score
Can't even schadenfreude over Syracuse today.....they were blown out by BCU! Which is worse??

Reaction Score
Can't even schadenfreude over Syracuse today.....they were blown out by BCU! Which is worse??

Schadenfreude is still very much in play. Sure, it would be a lot nicer if we were having a good season. But at least our immediate future looks very bright, unless KO is proven to be a trainwreck of a coach, which I don't believe to be true.

We have a lot of young (albeit hurt) talent, continually impressive recruiting whereas Cuse has marginal talent, an impending coaching change and subpar recruiting. They have no passable looking PG on their roster, or in their sights on the trail. Hopkins is going to have to be very good for them to right this ship. Does anyone have faith in Hopkins even being above average?

Reaction Score
Schadenfreude is still very much in play. Sure, it would be a lot nicer if we were having a good season. But at least our immediate future looks very bright, unless KO is proven to be a trainwreck of a coach, which I don't believe to be true.

We have a lot of young (albeit hurt) talent, continually impressive recruiting whereas Cuse has marginal talent, an impending coaching change and subpar recruiting. They have no passable looking PG on their roster, or in their sights on the trail. Hopkins is going to have to be very good for them to right this ship. Does anyone have faith in Hopkins even being above average?
They essentially got into the tournament last year because the NCAAs treated Hopkins' coaching as if it were an injury.

So that tells you something, no?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
...whereas Cuse has marginal talent...
It's amazing to see them in this spot given how well they recruited up until this year. Top 10 classes in 2013 & 2015, top 20 classes in 2014 & 2016, plus some excellent transfers (postgrad and otherwise). Obviously losing McCullough & Richardson early hurt them, but Beoheim also ran off BJ Johnson, Kaleb Joseph & one other guard whose name I forget that would also be a huge help. They literally had the guys they need on campus but he was too much of an to actually coach them.

They're going to do no better than 6-12 in the ACC, and unless a miracle happens next season will be even worse. White, Coleman, Gallon & Roberson are all gone, Lydon might leave for the league, and they usually have at least one guy transfer out.

If that happens, they'll return Howard, Battle, Moyer, Thompson, Chukwu and that's it. And their only two recruits so far are sub-150 ranked projects, while their No. 1 target (Quade Green) already signed with UK. Even if they land a couple of the better postgrads, they're set up to be legitimately horrendous next year.

It's so good. I love it so much.

Reaction Score
It's amazing to see them in this spot given how well they recruited up until this year. Top 10 classes in 2013 & 2015, top 20 classes in 2014 & 2016, plus some excellent transfers (postgrad and otherwise). Obviously losing McCullough & Richardson early hurt them, but Beoheim also ran off BJ Johnson, Kaleb Joseph & one other guard whose name I forget that would also be a huge help. They literally had the guys they need on campus but he was too much of an to actually coach them.

They're going to do no better than 6-12 in the ACC, and unless a miracle happens next season will be even worse. White, Coleman, Gallon & Roberson are all gone, Lydon might leave for the league, and they usually have at least one guy transfer out.

If that happens, they'll return Howard, Battle, Moyer, Thompson, Chukwu and that's it. And their only two recruits so far are sub-150 ranked projects, while their No. 1 target (Quade Green) already signed with UK. Even if they land a couple of the better postgrads, they're set up to be legitimately horrendous next year.

It's so good. I love it so much.

I know that of all people, you have a good handle on the serious nature of scholarship losses. They did not have room for 2 heralded recruits and that is why JB politely pushed BJ out of the door. They were also the prohibitive favorite for Thomas Bryant before they no longer had room for him. That team would look a helluva lot different with those on the current roster but the real killer is their lack of a PG. Poor PG recruiting and Joseph busting have absolutely decimated their potential. I sure hope Kaleb has a standout season next year to add a little more salt to the wounds.

They need to land post grads but I can't exactly see kids lining up to get a grad degree from Cuse next year after observing the Cuse experience for Gillon and White. These kids get the brunt of the criticism from the Cuse faithful and while they haven't gelled as much as hoped, they are far from the primary cause for their futility.

Reaction Score
Sucks all the way around, the BEAST was such a good conference, the break up has hit not only us hard, but Cuse, Gtown and Providence.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if JB coaches another year, whether he retires of Cuse finally pulls the plug will be interesting. The seems totally uninterested and does not want to put the effort in anymore.

What I love about our coaching staff, for the most part, they all played at uconn and bleed blue. No matter how difficult the road gets, I don't think they will ever give up. These coaches have a vested and emotional interest in the program and I think they take bad seasons personally. Boehiem's ego keeps him from caring IMO.
That being said, it's going to be a maturation process with Ollie, Freeman and Moore, so the program has to be patient.

Reaction Score
How can uconn fans take any enjoyment in another teams losses with how bad your team is? I typically dont enjoy uconn losses because have fans in the family but certainly cant enjoy your level of suck this year with cuse being so bad. Doesnt add up to me.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if JB coaches another year, whether he retires of Cuse finally pulls the plug will be interesting. The seems totally uninterested and does not want to put the effort in anymore.

What I love about our coaching staff, for the most part, they all played at uconn and bleed blue. No matter how difficult the road gets, I don't think they will ever give up. These coaches have a vested and emotional interest in the program and I think they take bad seasons personally. Boehiem's ego keeps him from caring IMO.
That being said, it's going to be a maturation process with Ollie, Freeman and Moore, so the program has to be patient.

All cuse coaches played there too. You dont know boeheim clearly. The team is what it is.

Reaction Score

Ridiculous. Might take a year or two rebuild but your comments are a tad ridiculous. What your seeing now is what happens when you lose 12 ships over 4 years and have a number of early entries.

Reaction Score
Sucks all the way around, the BEAST was such a good conference, the break up has hit not only us hard, but Cuse, Gtown and Providence.
Since the new big east, Providence has made the NCAA tournament all 3 years, won a big east tournament title, and got their first NCAA win since 1997. This after not making the tourney since 2004. Yes, the breakup has been really tough on them. Lol

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Since the new big east, Providence has made the NCAA tournament all 3 years, won a big east tournament title, and got their first NCAA win since 1997. This after not making the tourney since 2004. Yes, the breakup has been really tough on them. Lol

PC had their most thrilling season in 25 years - a dream-like run to the round of 32.

That what their high point for the lives of their current students.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous. Might take a year or two rebuild but your comments are a tad ridiculous. What your seeing now is what happens when you lose 12 ships over 4 years and have a number of early entries.
You should have let Boeheim know this before the season started when he was saying you had a great team. Could have saved him a lot of embarrassment.

Reaction Score
You should have let Boeheim know this before the season started when he was saying you had a great team. Could have saved him a lot of embarrassment.

That matters not. The play on the court surely embarasses him more than any preseason commentary. Not your best post, Im sure.

Reaction Score

Im not sure prov will luck out in having a 5* pg in their back yard very soon again, but hey, you never know.

Reaction Score
I think it is amazing how many people seem to discount the effect the sanctions put on us has effected our success. in 2014 we were lucky to still have some talent left on our roster. Teams that go through sanctions, usually have some down years following...we just happened to go through conference alignment at the same time.

Reaction Score

What exactly is your rationale for optimism? You have a great brand, o.k. You are bad this year and may have a worse roster the following year. And then JB is supposedly leaving. Replacing a legendary coach is a tall order any situation. Doing so much a barren roster is that much more difficult. You must have a lot more faith in Hopkins that than majority of the Cuse fanbase does.

Reaction Score
PC has benefited from the easier competition, but all that success came with Dunn. Considering their recruiting class ranks in 2016 and 2017 it does not appear they have taken advantage of their golden years on the recruiting front. Man its sad the golden years are 1 tournament win.

Reaction Score

On who?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom