Syracuse football a 7-point underdog against UConn in first road game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse football a 7-point underdog against UConn in first road game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If our D uglies this thing up i like our chances. 3-1 would be YUGE considering UH is looming in 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
They can score. We can't. Why are we favored?

I can only guess it's because they have fielded some of the worst defenses in the history of college football. The odds makers must figure even we can shred them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Syracuse fan site makes the Boneyard look like an "Up With People" Super Bowl halftime show.

They're really, really depressed.
Up with people halftime show? Lol you're old.

(Of course I immediately knew what you were talking about. )

Reaction Score
That line is nuts, IMO.

They will score at least 24. Maybe I'm underestimating how bad their defense is, but I get the sense that everyone is underestimating how bad our offense is.

If they get up on us 17-0, we are not coming back.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Up with people halftime show? Lol you're old.

(Of course I immediately knew what you were talking about. )

I knew someone out there would understand.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I am very concerned about this game. This offense is going to give the defense fits.

You obviously think too much. :)

As an aside, I just bought your avatar, the Rodin Thinker garden statue online ($200), to place in front of my citrus "cocktail" tree.

The reason why is because that is the pose people take when sitting on the adjacent park bench staring at the six different citrus fruits growing on that ONE tree.

Caveat: It was supposed to be 32 pounds, but I weighed it and it was only half that. Their customer rep swore that FedEx showed the reported weight. I could have returned it, but kept it anyway because it looked so good and cemented it to a base to be more stable.

So, I am mentioning it to you, just in case you are looking to buy one.

Last edited:

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
UConn for the win, but take 'cuse and the 7. Also bet the house on under.

This could be uglier than the UVA game.

Vegas's algorithms won't know how to spit out a solution for the BCU game.

BC-0 UConn-2 final score

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
That line is nuts, IMO.

They will score at least 24. Maybe I'm underestimating how bad their defense is, but I get the sense that everyone is underestimating how bad our offense is.

If they get up on us 17-0, we are not coming back.

Having seen them play, they are no more athletic than Maine or UVA. Their back 7 are awful.

We should move the ball. Will we? Who knows, but vegas made that line knowing full well of UConn's limitations. Syracuse is garbage.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
BC-0 UConn-2 final score

Reaction Score
Syracuse putting in new offensive system with new Coaching staff. They will play very fast/ no huddle and will look to exploit their athletes to wear down the defense over the course of the game. Their QB is the type of player who typically gives UCONN trouble; think about USF QB from last year--mobile, elusive, runs well, average thrower but extends play allowing receivers to get open.
Need to contain the QB and knock him down once in a while. When they're running the uptempo offense don't be afraid to lay on top of them after a tackle to slow things up. The SU defense has not shown that they can stop opponents; UCONN needs to score points!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
This game could be decided by a FG, like most of the USF-UCONN games over the years.

I don't know how good your kicker is this year, but the SU guy split the uprights on a 49 yarder yesterday.

Another key is turnovers. They had three to our none. Just hold on to the ball. I know it's easier said than done.

Their defense is pretty bad against both the run and the pass.

They game out guns blazing. So, be prepared from the start. They wilted after the first quarter.

Good luck.

I loved the thread on their site saying they shouldn't play teams that are below them like USF. THey are 2-8 all time vs. you guys.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
What's the thread called? I love reading fiction, especially fantasy.

Reaction Score
There is no more delusional fan base than the Orange.

Jim Brown took a crap there 60 years ago and they think they are Alabama.

The University of Pittsburgh Stadium Club is on line one and they would like to have a word with you.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I loved the thread on their site saying they shouldn't play teams that are below them like USF. THey are 2-8 all time vs. you guys.

It was a pleasure ruining their homecoming.

It was more of a homecoming for USF, becase I'm pretty sure we have never lost THERE. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom