Syracuse football a 7-point underdog against UConn in first road game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Syracuse football a 7-point underdog against UConn in first road game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I am assuming you have been to Syracuse.

Past October 1, the GREY foreboding all-inclusive cloudy weather and personality takes hold. Best have the Homecoming early for the parents coming from California or Florida.

The carrier dome has the stately beauty reminiscent of the maginot line built by the French after WWI.

20101017182459!Hochwald_historic_photo.jpg
card00232_fr.jpg

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
UConn will get out and score first but fall behind 17-10 at halftime.

The second half will be all UConn and we win 34-23

Reaction Score
I predict Syracuse will win this game 35-21. The Cuse offense will be able to throw the ball all over the field and carve up our porous secondary due to the fact we won't put pressure on their QB. Also, our offense is not built for high scoring games. It will be a very entertaining game for the fans, but UConn will come up on the short end of the score.

I really hate to say it but your predicted outcome seems approximately correct. I would put the final score at 45-17 based on what I've seen of UConn to date, i.e. no pass rush, blown assignments in the secondary, ineffective O line play undermining the passing and running game. You say the game will be entertaining for the fans. While it may be entertaining for Syracuse fans it will not be for ours as I anticipate we will fall behind early by multiple scores. The first quarter has been the best for their offense (which appears to be pretty good) and the worst for our defense. If we can make the necessary adjustments on D to slow down their passing game before too much damage is done maybe we keep it closer, but the lack of a pass rush and our inability to score will make for a long day as I see it. I hope I'm wrong and we find a way to possession the ball, score, get some turnovers on D and win the game, but that seems like a lot to ask for right now.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This will be a very interesting game vs. Cuse. Their great offense vs. our great defense. For whoever predicted the 2-0 UConn score, that may yet happen this year, but it won't be this week. It'll be in November when UConn and BC, two identical teams, play at The Heights.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The last line I saw had us favored by 2.5, which is more reasonable than 7.

I'm optimistic ... UConn 27, Syracuse 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom