Summer Practice/Workouts 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NoelThomas052:47pm via Twitter for iPhone
Doubt us all you want to. #32Days #WarReady
CLbMBA8WwAAcQjI.jpg

Reaction Score
IMHO after attending the season ticket holder bbq event things are going well up in Storrs. The coaches and players both talked about being in a better place understanding the systems and schemes, Matt Balis talked about how the kids are not quite where he would like them to be BUT they are on track to get there and are moving along toward that goal very quickly. They all looked cut and jacked. That to me speaks volumes of the work they are putting in.
I spoke with Matt just before the BBQ event and his comment about the schedule and team was that this is the hardest summer workout regiment he has put a team thru. He this turns into wins.

Reaction Score
I spoke with Matt just before the BBQ event and his comment about the schedule and team was that this is the hardest summer workout regiment he has put a team thru. He this turns into wins.
navin he said exact same comment during our conversation at the BBQ. I really like him, I found him passionate and easy to talk to.

Reaction Score
navin he said exact same comment during our conversation at the BBQ. I really like him, I found him passionate and easy to talk to.
His son and my nephew play baseball together. When I see him at their games he is overly approachable and we speak a little football and then baseball and kids. His boy has spent time at my brothers house and Matt will ask either my brother or my sister in law if he (his son) was respectful. Matt is a real down to earth guy. His wife is a sweetheart too. She has a great Midwestern accent which I always chuckle at when I hear her speak.

Reaction Score
His son and my nephew play baseball together. When I see him at their games he is overly approachable and we speak a little football and then baseball and kids. His boy has spent time at my brothers house and Matt will ask either my brother or my sister in law if he (his son) was respectful. Matt is a real down to earth guy. His wife is a sweetheart too. She has a great Midwestern accent which I always chuckle at when I hear her speak.
check your dm in box Navin

Reaction Score
desmondconner 11:59am via TweetDeck
Awaiting #uConnFootball noon press conference featuring head coach Bob Diaco n assts. #Huskies report today and begin practice tomorrow

desmondconner 12:02pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Opens with media policy and the access it will have to the team, moreso after preseason...

desmondconner 12:03pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "the energy in our building is typically high but today it's particulalrly high."

UConnFootball 12:04pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "A little while ago it smelled like spring and summer, well now it smells like football practice." #work2win

NHRJimFuller 12:04pm via TweetDeck
#UConn FB coach Bob Diaco on reporting day for the Huskies: "It smells like football practice."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConnFootball 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "The first two days is helmets only, the next two days is a 'half rack' and the final day is full gear."#work2win

desmondconner 12:13pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: First five days of practice is closed to "sequester, it's such a unique time, growing together and staying focused."

UConnFootball 12:13pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "How cool is summer camp? This is football camp...It's such a unique time of coming together and growing together."

desmondconner 12:15pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on QB order: "Shirreffs, Boyle, Anderson/Davis..but we have to get a look at Garrett and Bisack."

EdDaigneault 12:15pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on plan for QBs: "Love them, feed them, make sure they're comfortable sleeping."
Order: Shirreffs, Boyle, Anderson, Davis right now.

desmondconner 12:16pm via TweetDeck
Players not available to media today...#UConnFootball...Aug.12

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:19pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said all veteran players expected back are back for preseason camp

NHRJimFuller 12:21pm via TweetDeck
Kind of did a double take when#UConn's Bob Diaco referred to TE coach Don Patterson to "Coach P."

EdDaigneault 12:21pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on his AAC media day performance: "I'm going to give it to you as I feel it."

desmondconner 12:23pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: After all time invested, how would you expect me to answer things way I did at #AAC media day, players ready to go, he's an optimist

UConnFootball 12:23pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "We are incredibly excited about these guys. We are jacked about our football family."

EdDaigneault 12:24pm via TweetDeck
Diaco just had a rather impassioned speech about his media day stuff.

desmondconner12:26pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Andreas Knappe: "His best football is ahead of him...He has the traits to be great."

EdDaigneault12:27pm via TweetDeck
Diaco said he was "pressed" by ?? about how many games Huskies would win. Never heard that question. Did hear "what are your expectations?"

Last edited:

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Good UConnReport/Rivals article on the key position battles just posted here . . .
http://rvls.co/1SUdBaa

Reaction Score
Coverage of today: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080615aab.html

>>On what happens in the first five days of camp: "The NCAA has an acclimatization period where they don't allow universities to have two-a-day practices during those five days to acclimatize to the external conditions that play of athletes, may it be anxiousness, weather, equipment and so forth. The first two days, the players are mandated to be in helmets only. The next two days, the players can be in a half rack, that's shoulder pads and a helmet. On the final day, the players can be in full equipment. (The NCAA) mandated and managed an acclimatization period in terms of how much work you can do in a day, physical work in a day, then also the equipment and what that work will look like. It's a great thing and a great help. It's so often the case, especially in the protocols that have come out recently, they really don't hinder us. I think that people on the outside looking in think we're full speed tackle and full speed blocking instruction every day. It's just not the case. That's what the first five days are about for us. We'll practice in the morning, allow the players some time off in the afternoon and recollect to do meetings and/or walk through situations in the afternoon. In between the morning, afternoon and evening we'll have meetings. Those meetings will always have some kind of special teams piece, team piece and some kind of position piece."<<

>>On if all the players are here that were supposed to be here: "Every player that was a veteran player is back. We had a strong summer. Our student services center is run by Associate Athletic Director Ellen Tripp. She's a star. If you don't know her, get to know her. She's just awesome. So she runs that, and for the first time since she's been running it that there were no football players up for University discipline academically. Zero. First time. Only something bad could happen in summer school right? They were all in summer school and they did well. So they all did well and everybody is ready to go, everybody is eligible to play and ready to go."<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Outside of the video - some other decent info here: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...otball-reporting-day-0807-20150806-story.html (Des)

>>More Sacks Needed

The Huskies had 13 sacks in 12 games in 2014, 117th in the country.

"It's one thing if you're lacking the players to be great, but we have good to great players, and it's time for them to start playing that way, start acting that way. And I think the guys are ready and we as coaches are ready," said Anthony Poindexter, the Huskies' co-defensive coordinator. "People talk about pass rush, talk about getting pressure on the quarterback, but it comes with your understanding of the defense and the guys doing it. ... We're not going to give up the big play. We've got good pass rushers, a good defensive front and good outside linebackers, so we'll be able to generate some pass rush, which comes with experience and technique."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of turnover for UConn offense heading into new season (Fuller)
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20...-season?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>>Tommy Myers and Alec Bloom saw time at tight end as freshmen. Now they move into more prominent roles especially considering how much Diaco seems to prefer playing with multiple tight ends.

“They have a lot of time ahead of them,” UConn tight ends coach Don Patterson said. “The thing that pleased me is when they realized what Sean’s status is, that made them more determined than ever to be ready to go. They really have worked hard over the summer to build themselves up. They are bigger, stronger, faster than they have ever been. They really have made a huge commitment to the preparation of the season. It gave those guys a little extra sense of urgency because they knew it is entirely on us now because Sean is not going to be here. The next piece of that as it relates to the freshmen is one of those (true) freshmen is going to be a third tight end so that gives those guys incentive. Even if we wanted to redshirt those guys, it would be unrealistic to do that.”<<

Reaction Score
I was in airport going to Charlotte. Saw two players coming off plane. Hit home that the season has begun.

Reaction Score
I hope Tommy Myers KILLS IT. My boy from Coventry. My mother was the AD there and was heavily involved in his recruitment with Pasqualoni. She even bought season tickets just to see him play, but them passed away suddenly before she ever got to see him suit up. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him blossom into a great tight end and represent my hometown and her memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom