Summer Practice/Workouts 2015 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Summer Practice/Workouts 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Jim Fuller - UConn will report for preseason camp on Aug. 6 with the first practice held on Aug. 7.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Anyone got any reports or updates on this? @Edward M has been on campus this summer, have you seen anything from the guys? Getting itchy for some information!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't expect to hear anything before the August camps. Generally it's just workouts before then unless someone gets hurt. So the less news, the better.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, HCBD didn't have any summer practices open to the public last year. Hope he changes his mind about this summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, HCBD didn't have any summer practices open to the public last year. Hope he changes his mind about this summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

He's loosening the media access policy this summer so might be just an assumption on my side that he would consider an open practice for fans.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He's loosening the media access policy this summer so might be just an assumption on my side that he would consider an open practice for fans.
If I had to guess, he wanted the players' undivided attention to their job at hand last year. I remember a few press conferences early on comparing the teams grasp of his techniques to college level courses and referring to his players' understanding as being at the 100 level. Naturally, he wants them at a 300 level. My guess is the team is (for the most part) reacting as if their assignments are 2nd nature. Nothing but good news there.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the kids that are currently in college (current UCONN players, transfers from another school/juco) should be working out (involuntarily) on campus in the coming weeks... the HS kids come up after graduation (late June normally) or stay home and work out til Fall camp starts the first week of August.... Correct me if I'm wrong guys....
ktuck911, would you have possibly meant not "mandatory" as opposed to "involuntarily? Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
IMHO after attending the season ticket holder bbq event things are going well up in Storrs. The coaches and players both talked about being in a better place understanding the systems and schemes, Matt Balis talked about how the kids are not quite where he would like them to be BUT they are on track to get there and are moving along toward that goal very quickly. They all looked cut and jacked. That to me speaks volumes of the work they are putting in.

C

Chief00

IMHO after attending the season ticket holder bbq event things are going well up in Storrs. The coaches and players both talked about being in a better place understanding the systems and schemes, Matt Balis talked about how the kids are not quite where he would like them to be BUT they are on track to get there and are moving along toward that goal very quickly. They all looked cut and jacked. That to me speaks volumes of the work they are putting in.

The proof is in the pudding.

Reaction Score
ktuck911, would you have possibly meant not "mandatory" as opposed to "involuntarily? Just sayin'.
You're CLEARLY better than me at getting the verbiage down right tense50... hopefully the others understood what I meant... you know, the diehards that bleed Husky blue like me...

Reaction Score
You're CLEARLY better than me at getting the verbiage down right tense50... hopefully the others understood what I meant... you know, the diehards that bleed Husky blue like me...

I bleed, but I need some W's.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Jon Silver: Camp Preview: 5 burning questions for 2015

1. Will Frank Verducci’s offense show life?
2. Who is at QB?
3. Who are the game breakers?
4. Who will get pressure on the quarterback?
5. Will the schedule wear UConn out?
The biggest question marks in my mind are 1. Frank Verducci and what kind of offense he'll run (by the last 4 seasons an offense with a pulse would be a plus?), and 2. the schedule (we don't have a bye week until week 9... could kill us on injuries and travel- plus those first 5 games worry me. Nova is not one to sleep on, Army- dangerous w/ the triple option, #24 Mizzou- seriously? they won the SEC last year. We beat them in Columbia and its one the top CFB upsets of the season, and Navy- another tricky triple option team... On the other hand if we ran the table and went 4-0 I think we have a shot at a national ranking going into BYU).

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The biggest question marks in my mind are 1. Frank Verducci and what kind of offense he'll run (by the last 4 seasons an offense with a pulse would be a plus?), and 2. the schedule (we don't have a bye week until week 9... could kill us on injuries and travel- plus those first 5 games worry me. Nova is not one to sleep on, Army- dangerous w/ the triple option, #24 Mizzou- seriously? they won the SEC last year. We beat them in Columbia and its one the top CFB upsets of the season, and Navy- another tricky triple option team... On the other hand if we ran the table and went 4-0 I think we have a shot at a national ranking going into BYU).

And to think I'll be there in person to watch us pull this one off. Can't wait.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I was on a plane to Atlanta this morning with Andrew Adams and Shirreffs. Unforunately, I didn't sit with them. Would have loved to pick their brain a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom