Sue!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sue!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I said Whalen was my favorite non-uconn player, not that minny was my favorite team. I stand for Liberty. Let's see where your Sparks end up at the end of the season. They do look really good. ;)

I too like the Liberty. I'm a huge Liberty fan. I'm still rooting for Kiah and Tina. I hope they make it to the WNBA finals this year............along with the Sparks. The Sparks have something special going on this season. Nneka Ogwumike is playing like she's possessed. :eek: They're a third of the way through the season, and have only 1 loss. I started following and rooting for the Lynx when Maya Moore came into the league. I like Lindsay too. She can flat out ball. My favorite non-UConn player is Brianna Turner (Notre Dame). She'll be a first round draft pick in the WNBA in 2 years guaranteed.

Barring injury, I think the Sparks are going to be hard to beat the rest of the way. Especially since none of their players are going to Rio. That break will allow them to take 4-5 days off to rest, and recover from any nagging injuries. The break will allow them to have full team practices since none of their members are going to Rio. They'll be ready to resume their assault on the rest of the league when play resumes after the Olympic break. After knocking off a very good and undefeated Lynx team on the road, it's a good bet that they have the confidence to think they can beat any team regardless of the venue. Don't forget, they're still undefeated on the road. ;)

Go Liberty, Go Sparks.

Reaction Score

The Cleveland Browns - an example of a team/organization that has not yet grasped this concept. Perennial bottom feeders year after year after year. No stability.
They change coaching staffs every 2- 3 years. Their last head coach got fired after only 1 year. Their players seldom stay long either. The Browns have yet to produce an environment/culture that attracts the league's best players.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect!

Carnac

Reaction Score
The Cleveland Browns - an example of a team/organization that has not yet grasped this concept. Perennial bottom feeders year after year after year. No stability. They change coaching staffs every 2- 3 years. Their last head coach got fired after only 1 year. Their players seldom stay long either. The Browns have yet to produce an environment/culture that attracts the league's best players.

Incorrect!
[/QUOTE]

Ooops, You're right. I was off by a year. Thank you. :oops:

On January 24, 2014, the Browns hired Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine as the 15th full-time head coach in team history. Pettine coached the team for the 2014 & 2015 seasons = 2 seasons.
On January 13, 2016, the Browns hired Bengals offensive coordinator (and former Oakland head coach) Hue Jackson as head coach. He will coach the 2016 season and beyond.

Pettine was fired after TWO years.
I made that comment off the top of my head, without checking my facts first, which can be a dangerous omission here in the yard. I'm NOT a Browns fan, and thus do not pay close attention to it's day to day operation or activities. It's common knowledge that they have been a lower tier team for years, rarely being above .500 for the season.Last year the Browns finished 4th in the NFC North with a dismal record of 3-13.

I knew that their last head coach was not on the job very long. That being said, my point was the Browns are, and have been inconsistent for years. During this off-season, ownership cleaned house of it's front office personnel. January 2016, the Browns made headlines when after firing Farmer and Pettine, promoted general counsel Sashi Brown to Executive VP of Football Operations, and hired longtime baseball executive Paul DePodesta as chief strategy officer.

These moves were viewed nationally as the Browns trying to take a more analytics intensive approach to building the team, taking a page from the "Moneyball" style of Major League Baseball teams like the Oakland Athletics - of which DePodesta helped pioneer during his time as an assistant to Athletics GM Billy Beane. With Brown essentially taking over GM duties, this marks the fourth different head of personnel (either as GM or similar job title) under the Haslam ownership era, which began in 2012. Maybe this new regime can turn the team's fortunes around. Time will tell. The Browns can only improve. They can't get any worse. Thanks again. :)

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Incorrect!
my point was the Browns are, and have been inconsistent for years.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect again. Few teams have been as consistent(ly inept) as the Browns. They stink every year - consistently.:(

Carnac

Reaction Score
my point was the Browns are, and have been inconsistent for years.

Incorrect again. Few teams have been as consistent(ly inept) as the Browns. They stink every year - consistently.:([/QUOTE]

Et tu Brute? This is not my day. :( Kib is straddling the rubber. He peers in to get the sign. The count: 0 balls and 2 strikes.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
my point was the Browns are, and have been inconsistent for years.

Incorrect again. Few teams have been as consistent(ly inept) as the Browns. They stink every year - consistently.:([/QUOTE]
Sounds like the view of a Pittsburgh fan. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom