Sue and Diana Show | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sue and Diana Show

Reaction Score
does anyone know who the guests are going to be today? (championship game)? thanks

Reaction Score
Not at all for me. Fine for a regular season game. But for a game to decide who plays for the national championship, too much mindless prattle.

I'd have perferred some actual tactical analysis, as an alternative to Lobo, perhaps with some personal history of being in these games, in these moments. Especially Taurasi and her freshman experience v Notre Dame in the semi-final, how it impacts players, instead of (for example) an in-depth discussion of grilled cheese, tater tots and donuts.

With the Manningcast, the focus is largely on the game itself, with them reacting to it.

Reaction Score
Not at all for me. Fine for a regular season game. But for a game to decide who plays for the national championship, too much mindless prattle.

I'd have perferred some actual tactical analysis, as an alternative to Lobo, perhaps with some personal history of being in these games, in these moments. Especially Taurasi and her freshman experience v Notre Dame in the semi-final, how it impacts players, instead of (for example) an in-depth discussion of grilled cheese, tater tots and donuts.

With the Manningcast, the focus is largely on the game itself, with them reacting to it.
This is just the first one. Of course they have catching up to do. I am sure more in-depth analysis will come. So many enjoyed it (like me). You simply don’t have to watch it. There is no wrong way for them to host their show. They’re doing it their way and that is right.

Reaction Score
The game played the entire time ( both games, actually). But I was hoping for Diana and Sue to talk about the game, and how their experiences related to it. Instead, they were off on other topics ( probably not to compete with the broadcasting crew on ESPN). Frankly, everyone tuning in wanted to watch the game. Not hear a discussion about pay inequality ( men v women at pro level ) or any other normally interesting topic. So I couldn't watch it more than 30 seconds.
Couldn’t stand some of the nattering of the other commentators on Foxsports or ESPN. Talked about everything EXCEPT the game.
I would have enjoyed hearing what SB & DT had to say if it weren’t distracting from the game.
Maybe next season give them a show.

Reaction Score
This is just the first one. Of course they have catching up to do. I am sure more in-depth analysis will come. So many enjoyed it (like me). You simply don’t have to watch it. There is no wrong way for them to host their show. They’re doing it their way and that is right.
Hence this board to express opinions. Hence "...for me."

I watched a bit during the South Carolina-Louisville semi, and UConn-Stanford this afternoon, after the fact. For me, the game was almost irrelevant, just a bunch of friends enjoying each other's company. Great, except, for me, with what was at stake, it served to reduce the game itself to little more than an afterthought, or background noise.

Given a positive result, perhaps fun after the fact. During the game? Ryan Rucco and Lobo, for me.

Reaction Score
I watched Sue and D for the first game and then switched to regular ESPN for the second. They were really enjoyable, but not for the serious basketball fan.

Reaction Score
I guess I’m different. I loved the show. I really enjoyed some of the storytelling and hearing a lot of things about college and pro ball we don’t normally hear. I didn’t watch during the UConn game only because I record games I can’t sit through and do something else.

Reaction Score
I guess I’m different. I loved the show. I really enjoyed some of the storytelling and hearing a lot of things about college and pro ball we don’t normally hear. I didn’t watch during the UConn game only because I record games I can’t sit through and do something else.
I loved it too! It really took the edge off and made it feel more relaxing. You could still watch the game while listening to some pretty funny content from two people you admire. Maybe some viewers struggle multitasking? Less nerves for me

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

On the intro program they showed some clips. Elle Duncan asked, "I didn't see it, was the one about the length of South Carolina's team in there?" Sue just kind of looked down and someone said something about the bosses didn't want to see that one again. :p

I really enjoyed what I saw of it and am tivoing it tonight.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
D and Sue will #bleedblue forever. There were some moments at the end where they both looked a little teary, hard to tell, but you could see it on their faces. We changed to the BTS when the announcers were repeating a story, yet again, just for some comic relief. I loved the guests they brought on. The random banter weaving in and out of hoop related topics was stress relief for me. And if you watch Geno's post game presser, he says some great things about these two, the reach they have within and beyond basketball, and that's what might be important.

The best part about the BTS broadcast? You had a choice of whether or not to watch it. Do we watch the Peyton & Eli NFL show? Nope. Not interested. And that's the beauty of multi-channel choices.

Reaction Score
I watched them live on South Carolina-Louisville, then watched main broadcast for both UConn games and would go back and watch recording of Sue and Diana. I loved it.

I'm also a big fan of the Manningcast but one obvious difference is going to be that in football they have 30 to 45 seconds after each play to analyze it, so there is going to be more straightforward game talk. If Sue and Diana start talking about a pick and roll and then compare it to one they ran in 2002 and then explain how Geno screamed at them in a key moment of some game when they failed to execute...well, that's a great story. But in the meantime, six more plays have happened in the game. It's impossible for them to analyze too much with the play-by-play given the nature of the game.

What they do share in common with the Mannings is that chemistry and shared history. After the Mannings debuted you saw stories from, say, NBA people dreaming of having something similar. Again, you'd have similar issue with the speed of the game, but the main thing is finding two people like Peyton and Eli. Who are you getting? The Plumlee Bros? But with Sue and Diana you do have two people with incomparable history together who are also extremely entertaining and fun to listen to while having great chemistry.

There could be smoother aspects but overall I thought it was a great addition and hopefully becomes a mainstay.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird invite new fans to game with fun, unfiltered ESPN megacast | Opinion

ROFL - "At halftime, when they were joined by Rapinoe, Bird’s fiancée, who took the break in action to tell Taurasi, famously always dressed in dark monochromatic looks, “You know, no one gets versatility out of black like you do.” Taurasi rolled her eyes before admitting that earlier that day, wife Penny Taylor, a former WNBA player, teased her, “Are you going to wear your bright black tonight or your dark black?”

Reaction Score
Albeit entertaining, my issues with their show were non-game focus & guests unrelated to basketball.

WRT (Sue’s partner) Megan Rapinoe— & I’m a huge women’s soccer fan— she knows nothing about basketball, for example.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
C5DD5CC8-E19F-4802-872D-EE08D04834F9.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member