Stokes... | The Boneyard

Stokes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
There was this amazing play, she caught the ball at the foul line, no one in front of her and she passed.
Geno almost was apoplectic.
When he took her out he kindly (surprise) pointed it out to her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Liked that Geno gave the Seniors their curtain calls, and the ovation that Heather got when she was inserted. I think it was Caroline that made the 'I am watching you' signal to Heather while the ovation was happening.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I look for Stokes to have major junior/senior season.....

I just have a feeling she will develop next year....

Remember, Tina Charles was in the doghouse her freshman/sophomore year and look how that turned out for her....
Certainly hope that happens. Her defense and rebounding is stellar, just need her to find her confidence on offense. She has soft hands an a nice 15 foot shot, and when she wants she seems to have good post moves.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There was this amazing play, she caught the ball at the foul line, no one in front of her and she passed.
you sure know how to spoil a party

and to the others, thanks for correcting him.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Kia is a very talented player. She has been dealing with a back injury that has affected her confidence. She will be a major contributor next year!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No one could spoil the party today; lighten up
no you lighten up and give the kid some credit or shut up... sorry everyone isnt perfect like you

you do know you dont have to response to every thread

Reaction Score
no you lighten up and give the kid some credit or shut up... sorry everyone isnt perfect like you

Good. I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon! Strike me down with all your hatred, and your journey towards the dark side will be complete.

Reaction Score
She has AA potential imho.

Over the next two years she could be the difference between Huskies being a great team and one for the ages.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score

I was with you until now... I agree that some have a penchant for peeing in the puddin', but responding with anger doesn't reflect well on anyone.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

HGN

Reaction Score
Msf, all that you say is true....But you know what the funny thing is , she has what Heather doesn't, a little more talent. But Heather has what Kiah doesn't, a little more size and a desire to score the ball. You put Heather in the game she is looking to score. You put Kiah in the game and she will rebound , play defense , and pass...........Now if we could somehow combine the two, we got Tina Charles.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Msf, all that you say is true....But you know what the funny thing is , she has what Heather doesn't, a little more talent. But Heather has what Kiah doesn't, a little more size and a desire to score the ball. You put Heather in the game she is looking to score. You put Kiah in the game and she will rebound , play defense , and pass...........Now if we could somehow combine the two, we got Tina Charles.

"You put Heather in the game she is looking to score."

??????????

Heather Buck @ UCONN ?????

Reaction Score
I love her.. blocks and rebounds!

I root hard for her. She does seem to block shots effortlessly and is a rebound machine. And the one time she got the ball down low on offense her defender had no chance to stop her. Kiah made one step and just wiped her out. What I think Geno has a problem with is that she has a tendency to stand around on offense. But I like the fact that she went back in the game after getting chewed out and competed. I think she puts it together and will be a major contributor.

Reaction Score
She deserves more PT. Her defense is a difference maker. And it'll keep the other girls fresher, both physically and mentally.

Reaction Score
Geno is trying to get Kiah to move around on the offensive side of the floor. She knows how to play defense and rebound, but just stands around when huskies have the ball . She was taken out briefly last night because she was stationary . When she got the ball she just didn't move. Looking at the replaylay Geno seemed to be trying to tell her to "move around". A team like Kentucky will just rip the ball from you . I'm glad he patted her on the arm and put her back in. Eventually the light will come on.

Reaction Score
Geno is not a fan of playing 5 on 4. Until her offensive game picks up, she with be a role player

HGN

Reaction Score
"You put Heather in the game she is looking to score."

??????????

Heather Buck @ UCONN ?????
If she gets a chance , yeah! She will not pass it if she can shoot it.

Reaction Score
Husky fan I think kiah has great potential. But Tina was a starter. Kiah will not be a starter next year. I see ,kiah as only playing the 5 position and she will not replace stef. So where will her minutes come from

Reaction Score
The right analogue for Kiah Stokes is Kelly Schumacher. Plods along with minor minutes for a few years, finally relies on one skill--shot blocking--plus some small improvements in other areas to make a real contribution. That will be in her senior year, if she just waits out some frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom