Stewie and Bird Out for Sunday's Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stewie and Bird Out for Sunday's Game

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's a double edged sword. I understand wanting to get their players some rest after the Olympics, but they lost a game in the standings to both the Aces and Sun today. I would think getting the highest seed in the playoffs is important also.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's a double edged sword. I understand wanting to get their players some rest after the Olympics, but they lost a game in the standings to both the Aces and Sun today. I would think getting the highest seed in the playoffs is important also.
Getting seed 1 or 2 gets a double bye.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Finally, I am a bit surprised they gave Stewie the game off when securing one of the top 2 seeds is so critical for the double bye. I get Sue needing the rest but I think Stewie can play at a relaxed pace and even with limited minutes, would have definitely made the difference in this game. I hope this does not bite them in the tuchus.
Hmm. I would not have thought this if I knew Stewie was welcoming Ruby into the world. :oops::oops::oops:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
"Stewart told me she would miss only two Storm games to bond with Ruby and to rest. When the Storm play the Liberty for the second time this week on Friday night, she will be there."

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
They need to win games to make sure they get a double bye in the playoffs. Connecticut has the easiest schedule of remaining games.
I agree, but with the strengthes tht team has its not really necessary. I thk tht they'll tear thru any team they face like a hot knife thru butter.

Reaction Score
I agree, but with the strengthes tht team has its not really necessary. I thk tht they'll tear thru any team they face like a hot knife thru butter.
My 3 top teams for the playoffs would be Las Vegas, Connecticut, and Minnesota.
Quinn needs to become a better end game coach for Seattle to have a chance.
Really wish they had waited until the end of the year for a contract extension.
Think she is a great lady, but the jury is still out on her ability as a coach.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
My 3 top teams for the playoffs would be Las Vegas, Connecticut, and Minnesota.
Quinn needs to become a better end game coach for Seattle to have a chance.
Really wish they had waited until the end of the year for a contract extension.
Think she is a great lady, but the jury is still out on her ability as a coach.
I agree

Reaction Score
I agree
Yes, knowing how to close out a game is what separates good coaches from great ones. The Storm have lost three games this season due to poor end of the game management. While Lloyd was crushing it for three quarters, the Liberty figured how to handle her in fourth quarter, yet she remained the main threat. Switching the emphasis to getting Lou shots would have won the game.

Reaction Score
Yes, knowing how to close out a game is what separates good coaches from great ones. The Storm have lost three games this season due to poor end of the game management. While Lloyd was crushing it for three quarters, the Liberty figured how to handle her in fourth quarter, yet she remained the main threat. Switching the emphasis to getting Lou shots would have won the game.
Playing a lineup of Russell, Ezi, Lou, Loyd, and Canada would have been better. Better defenders, and rebounders, size does matter, and Lou at the three where she belongs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Playing a lineup of Russell, Ezi, Lou, Loyd, and Canada would have been better. Better defenders, and rebounders, size does matter, and Lou at the three where she belongs.
Ezi was mostly ineffective yesterday. Disappointing, coming off her big game against Chicago. She unfortunately is very inconsistent. Point is, playing her more wouldn't have helped. Talbot outrebounded her 5-1 yesterday. And NY plays a small lineup, so a lack of size doesn't hurt against them.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I've been impressed with how well Seattle has performed given they've been playing without Stewart and Bird. Yes, two straight losses, but by 6 total points on the road. Doing that with a lineup of Canada/Loyd/KLS/Talbot/Russell is pretty impressive, imo.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Any chance Loyd was just plain out of gas? Gold Medal game in Tokyo on Sunday, Commissioners Cup game in Phoenix on Thursday, Chicago on Sunday(no Stewie or Bird) and Brooklyn on Wednesday(again no Stewie and Bird). Over 6700 miles and 13 hour time zone difference.

Coach Quinn is in her first year of coaching and already she has to be tagged between good and great. Just curious what was Geno's record in his first year of coaching(12-15)? How has his record been in close or OT games the past few years?

IMO the "Blame" game gets way out of hand.

Reaction Score
Any chance Loyd was just plain out of gas? Gold Medal game in Tokyo on Sunday, Commissioners Cup game in Phoenix on Thursday, Chicago on Sunday(no Stewie or Bird) and Brooklyn on Wednesday(again no Stewie and Bird). Over 6700 miles and 13 hour time zone difference.

Coach Quinn is in her first year of coaching and already she has to be tagged between good and great. Just curious what was Geno's record in his first year of coaching(12-15)? How has his record been in close or OT games the past few years?

IMO the "Blame" game gets way out of hand.
Geno wasn't coaching the defending WNBA champions his first year either.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Geno wasn't coaching the defending WNBA champions his first year either.
Minus 3 key players. This roster is not the same as last season's team.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
And Clark. The replacements for all 3 are downgrades.
forgot about Clark because she has been injured since the overseas season.

Not a bad job for a coach to lose those players, have the best pg and best player in the league miss the last two games and only one game back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom