Stewie and Bird Out for Sunday's Game | The Boneyard

Stewie and Bird Out for Sunday's Game

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Makes sense, particularly after the Commissioners Cup game. They had a lot of wear and tear just with travel, practice and all of that around the Olympics, never mind the games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Both Stewie and Bird are being rested for Tomorrows game
I'm sure they both need the rest. They were #1 and #2 in minutes in Tokyo (32 and 25 minutes per game) in 6 games over 15 days. Then had 72 hours to fly back, acclimate, and play in the Commissioner's Cup.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Following games after that are Wednesday and Friday in New York. Followed by Sunday at Mystics and Tuesday at Lynx, to end 5 game road trip, plus Commissioners Cup game last Thursday.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Commissioners Cup game, which didn't count toward their record, was more important than the actual first league game after the Olympics break? Okay.

I can't help it, all I could think about as far as that game was that it was like the Flint Michigan Mega Bowl in the movie Semi-Pro. What is it exactly? Nobody really knows. But like Jackie Moon said, I've seen the trophy, and it's glorious.

Reaction Score
The Commissioners Cup game, which didn't count toward their record, was more important than the actual first league game after the Olympics break? Okay.

I can't help it, all I could think about as far as that game was that it was like the Flint Michigan Mega Bowl in the movie Semi-Pro. What is it exactly? Nobody really knows. But like Jackie Moon said, I've seen the trophy, and it's glorious.

It was worth about $30,000 per player to the winner. Loser got $10,000. I would say it was pretty important.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It was worth about $30,000 per player to the winner. Loser got $10,000. I would say it was pretty important.
I wouldn't turn down $30 K (or $10 K either), don't get me wrong. But the game still doesn't count for anything. But the trophy is glorious.

Reaction Score
But as Sue and Stewie said it got extra money for some of the younger players.
Imagine what the cost of housing is in Seattle. That will pay rent for about six months, if that. It was very important to the younger players.

Reaction Score
Imagine what the cost of housing is in Seattle. That will pay rent for about six months, if that. It was very important to the younger players.
Without Sue and Stewie they lose in O/T, and Canada misses 2 free throws which would have won in regulation.
Seattle needs to find someone else to replace Sue, Canada is a nice backup, but not good enough for a championship team.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Without Sue and Stewie they lose in O/T, and Canada misses 2 free throws which would have won in regulation.
Seattle needs to find someone else to replace Sue, Canada is a nice backup, but not good enough for a championship team.
KLS only played 17 minutes, with 3 points. Did Magbegor take her minutes?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You have to remember that KLS is coming off of COVID and may not be able to play more than that for awhile. I know someone who had been vaccinated and still got COVID. They have been tired a lot more than usual and they say that their lungs are not 100%. This is after two months since they were cleared to go back to work.

Reaction Score
Yes and she played well. Loyd and Canada did not they both tryed to play hero ball down the stretch. That's on Quinn, she apparently called twoclearouts at the end of the game, and Loyd missed both shots.Then Canada came up with steal with 8 seconds left, drove missed the layup, and 2 foulshots went to overtime and they lost.

Reaction Score
Hope Lou is up for the challenge.
Lou played the least of the starters but got six rebounds, two assists, and three points. More importantly, Seattle built a big lead when she was on the floor. She went out and so did the lead. She put her mask on so perhaps it was Covid that kept her on bench.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes and she played well. Loyd and Canada did not they both tryed to play hero ball down the stretch. That's on Quinn, she apparently called twoclearouts at the end of the game, and Loyd missed both shots.Then Canada came up with steal with 8 seconds left, drove missed the layup, and 2 foulshots went to overtime and they lost.
Not sure what better shot you can get with 6 seconds left than the Lloyd drive. As pointed out, no natural PG left after Sue. Lloyd got a great open path to the basket but just missed it. I liked Quinn giving Canada high fives and positive energy after missing those 2 critical FT's.

Finally, I am a bit surprised they gave Stewie the game off when securing one of the top 2 seeds is so critical for the double bye. I get Sue needing the rest but I think Stewie can play at a relaxed pace and even with limited minutes, would have definitely made the difference in this game. I hope this does not bite them in the tuchus.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
From what I understand they were going to limit Lou's minutes the first few games until the lungs are back to 100%. Nice run for the basket against Candice Parker(what no foul?) Lou played 15 minutes the other night and 17 today.

Reaction Score
Not sure what better shot you can get with 6 seconds left than the Lloyd drive. As pointed out, no natural PG left after Sue. Lloyd got a great open path to the basket but just missed it. I liked Quinn giving Canada high fives and positive energy after missing those 2 critical FT's.

Finally, I am a bit surprised they gave Stewie the game off when securing one of the top 2 seeds is so critical for the double bye. I get Sue needing the rest but I think Stewie can play at a relaxed pace and even with limited minutes, would have definitely made the difference in this game. I hope this does not bite them in the tuchus.
I agree 20 minutes of Stewie would have been enough to win the game. They don't play again until Wednesday, so Stewie is getting 5 days off.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Nice if Vegas loses today, down at the half to Washington.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tina Balling out with 16 pts at half. 4-7 from 3 but not sure that is a sustainable formula.

Reaction Score
I agree 20 minutes of Stewie would have been enough to win the game. They don't play again until Wednesday, so Stewie is getting 5 days off.
Mercedes Russell played well also, but she had 7 assists, and led the team. She should never lead the team in assists, and Loyd should never take 30 shots in a game.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Washington trying their best to blow a 20 point 2nd half lead. Wash up by 6 with plenty left in 4th qtr.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score

Imo it the Commissioners Cup was more important, thn the first league game, the cup game essentially proved tht they are the best team in the league at this point of the season, but it's the end of the of the season trophy tht they are concentrating on, and after a grueling Olympics they wanna rest these players and have them as fresh as possible before the playoffs start.

Reaction Score
Imo it the Commissioners Cup was more important, thn the first league game, the cup game essentially proved tht they are the best team in the league at this point of the season, but it's the end of the of the season trophy tht they are concentrating on, and after a grueling Olympics they wanna rest these players and have them as fresh as possible before the playoffs start.
They need to win games to make sure they get a double bye in the playoffs. Connecticut has the easiest schedule of remaining games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom