Stewart Minutes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stewart Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We weren’t in Seattle for his homecoming. You play homecoming games for veterans. This was a marquee win away from home that we needed for 1 seed line potential.

He can blame the starters for going flat for a while after we were up 18. Lead got down to 10-12 (they had a wide open 3 off an offensive rebound to cut it to 8 they missed). We were always a mistake or two and a 6-0 Gonzaga run from suddenly being in a war with the home team having momentum in front of a fired up crowd, and that’s not the time to have a freshman have a whoopsie moment. We probably played Castle too much yesterday frankly, given that he’s out of sorts. It was Diarra who made a couple plays after it got down to 10 - there’s a reason he was the one who got extended minutes off the bench in the second half.
I originally thought it was UConn that went flat. Then I remembered we were playing against one of the best coaches in college basketball. Few first tried to adjust by going zone. That was an epic failure and UConn extended lead to 18. Then they switched to a more aggressive man to take away the 3. This was effective for a few minutes until UConn adapted. Sometimes it’s not us playing poorly. It’s about a good team stepping up.

Reaction Score
When did we ever have a home and home w Washington?? We played them twice in the tourney, I don’t recall reg season home and away against them.
Had a home & home during the APR tourney ban/title years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom