Stewart and Chong | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stewart and Chong

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My suggestion is not to assume that because a player is struggling a little on offense that her defense is terrible. Bad defenders do not get on the court for UConn in the first half of big games.
Let's take a look at this. Against Stanford Chong had one of her best games offensively, pretty much of her career. And yet Geno felt the need to remove her from the starting line-up. I wonder why? Could it have been because of her defense? Ya think?

Face it, you're wrong. Geno disagrees with you. I disagree with you. Shea, CD, Marissa, all the announcers at SNY disagree with you. But somehow you still think you are correct. How odd.

Reaction Score
Given the benching, it might be timely to add one more observation I had about Stewart's ENERGY in those few games just preceding Memphis. I had noticed, but neglected to mention, that she was also FLYING out to challenge three-point attempts. A great delight for me to see, as I've felt for a long time that failure to aggressively challenge the three is one of our few remaining areas of weakness as a squad. Contest it seriously and let your teammates pick up if the kid gets by you. Threes can change the course of a game rather quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom