Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think people are probably worried about Facey being able to stay on the court, given his ludicrous foul rate. That wasn't because of Daniels and Giffey; that was because he needs to get a lot better.

Yea we already went through this last week, you think the reason Facey didn't play was because of his foul rate, I tend to think it was because of the fact that he had 2 very good players who were vital to our success on both the offensive and defensive end playing ahead of him...

Reaction Score
I think people are probably worried about Facey being able to stay on the court, given his ludicrous foul rate. That wasn't because of Daniels and Giffey; that was because he needs to get a lot better.

Players struggle with fouls all the time when the level of play rises; especially bigs. We've dealt with it before, very recently actually with Nolan. Facey is still an enigma but i join the rest with fairly high hopes.

Reaction Score
The reason Facey had a "ludicrous foul rate" was because he played behind Giffey and Daniels. His foul rate wasn't due to poor athleticism, but his inexperience with the speed and rotations of the college game. With more minutes, I see no reason why he won't be able to adjust and become a capable defender.

9.76 fouls/40 minutes doesn't just happen to every backup. I'm not questioning his athleticism, which is fantastic. I'm questioning his on-court discipline, which needs to improve dramatically for him to be a regular contributor next season.

Players struggle with fouls all the time when the level of play rises; especially bigs. We've dealt with it before, very recently actually with Nolan. Facey is still an enigma but i join the rest with fairly high hopes.

Nolan averaged 4.50 fouls/40 minutes as a freshman and 6.98 as a sophomore. How has that been "dealt with?"

As much as anyone else, I want Facey to excel, but he's going to have to improve a lot before next season for that to happen. I don't understand why people are trying so hard to pretend this isn't the case.

Reaction Score
Nolan averaged 4.50 fouls/40 minutes as a freshman and 6.98 as a sophomore. How has that been "dealt with?"

As much as anyone else, I want Facey to excel, but he's going to have to improve a lot before next season for that to happen. I don't understand why people are trying so hard to pretend this isn't the case.

I feel it was dealt with because as a Freshman he was not able to stay on the court because of his foul issues. As a Sophomore he was able to stay on the court despite the fouls, his fouls did not hinder his contribution the way I feel it did in his first season. Numbers lie.

And I actually agree with you on Facey. I think alot is being expected of a kid who has basically not played. But I don't expect him to be much more than energy off the bench next season. To me he is 4 year player and when I talk about his potential that's usually what I mean.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is the uconn fan equivalent of catching big foot on cam... all we had was short grainy film before this....

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If you're going to call someone a dummy...

Code:
Rank    Player       Team         Ht    Wt    Yr    %Blks
1    Reggie Lynch    Illinois St   6-10    230    Fr    16.14
2    Rhamel Brown    Manhattan    6-7    230    Sr    15.73
3    Chris Obekpa    St. John's    6-9    240    So    15.72
4    Mamadou Ndiaye   UC Irvine    7-6    290    Fr    15.12
5    Amida Brimah    Connecticut    7-0    217    Fr    15.11
What is this a list of? Why is there a 6 ft 7" Manhattan player ranked higher than Brimah?? For that matter, why is a Manhattan player even on this list???

Reaction Score
I think 6'10" is scorecard stuff for Mr Enoch although I still like his size. The 'fro adds 1-2 I'm thinking 6'8 or so but nice frame and skills for a solid PF which we need……….love him to sign up soon and think he will before it's too late!;)

Reaction Score
WTF is with the uniforms? I really couldn't focus much on his game.

Reaction Score
What is this a list of? Why is there a 6 ft 7" Manhattan player ranked higher than Brimah?? For that matter, why is a Manhattan player even on this list???
Block Percentage (%Blocks): This is the percentage of opponents’ two-point shots that are blocked by the player while he is on the court.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Facey was good enough, he would have played over Daniels and Giffey. He wasn't - so he sat. It had nothing to do with fouls.

Reaction Score
This thread escalated quickly... First, really like Enoch and hope we reel him in. Second there is zero chance that stone is thinking about brimah and Nolan as challengers for pt. stone is better than both right now offensively. Amiga was huge at times defensively but he was also a foul machine and an absolute liability at times with people clamoring for more time from TO, Phil, and Facey. Of course he'll improve but I'm certainly not ready to say he's soph year thabeet just yet. Just for reference that's 10.5/8/4.5.

Reaction Score
Facey played 123 minutes all season, and a lot of those were garbage time minutes. Yes, he had a high foul rate, but 123 minutes is a very short sample to be drawing too many conclusions. Brimah's foul rate in his first 123 minutes was similar, but it progressed with increased repetitions. There is no reason to think the same will not occur with Facey - as others have mentioned, the main reason Facey played so sparingly last season is that Giffey and Daniels were very good players.

Reaction Score
It amazes me people could draw any conclusions on Kentan from last y ears time. Did he have a rough freshman season? Maybe, but with Giffey, Daniels and Kromah all of whom were drafted or invited to NBA camps, how can we tell? A couple small sampling showed signs of potential and HS video does say he can be a player. The maturation of many kids is sometimes huge between their Fr and So seasons so let's wait and see. The athlete is there now the speed of the game and the natural defensive instincts need to find their way……patience people!!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This thread escalated quickly... First, really like Enoch and hope we reel him in. Second there is zero chance that stone is thinking about brimah and Nolan as challengers for pt. stone is better than both right now offensively. Amiga was huge at times defensively but he was also a foul machine and an absolute liability at times with people clamoring for more time from TO, Phil, and Facey. Of course he'll improve but I'm certainly not ready to say he's soph year thabeet just yet. Just for reference that's 10.5/8/4.5.

Nobody was clamoring for more playing time for TO, I don't get why some of ya'll need to reach into the depths of the "definitely never happened" pool to try to make a point.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think 6'10" is scorecard stuff for Mr Enoch although I still like his size. The 'fro adds 1-2 I'm thinking 6'8 or so but nice frame and skills for a solid PF which we need……….love him to sign up soon and think he will before it's too late!;)

6'8"? So now he's the next Rudy Gay?

Reaction Score
Nobody was clamoring for more playing time for TO, I don't get why some of ya'll need to reach into the depths of the "definitely never happened" pool to try to make a point.

There def was and many were very happy to see TO inserted into the starting lineup after seeing AB and Phil abused versus Houston and some others. Our bigs, Amida included, went through an awful stretch during the middle of the season. Amida is a great shot blocker and had the biggest play of the season with the 3pt play vs St. Joes. But let's not get ahead of ourselves with proclaiming Amida as an early entry just yet. He's got a long way to go and he has incredible potential. But anyone thinking we should pass (or that stone will pass) b/c of Amida is nuts.

Reaction Score
But anyone thinking we should pass (or that stone will pass) b/c of Amida is nuts.

Who on earth said we should pass on him for any reason? Who would pass on him for any reason? He is a consensus top 10 recruit. If he wants to come to UCONN we are not passing. So I assure you no one is thinking that.

Reaction Score
It looks positive for UConn obviously. But young Mr. Enoch deserves to enjoy the attention and the spotlight for a while before he commits anywhere. He's worked hard, might as well have some fun with it.

Fingers crossed for the right outcome. Being close enough to home for your family to see every home game has to be a pretty big factor.

If Enoch waits until spring, we may be out of schollies. We cannot leave a spot open if one of the other blue chips wants to come on board. I hope he chooses us soon.

Reaction Score
From the 1 minute highlight tape I see a mix of Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Tim Duncan, Elvin Hayes and Dirk.

And not only that: Lebron said he's the best 4 that will be in the 2016 draft, and the Heat should move up to get him.

Reaction Score
Wow after reading much of this thread again once the initial post was out it went for a wild ride didn't it? LOL :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom