Status of Champions Center | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Status of Champions Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
There's more!

An article linked from the one cited above described a gathering of AD Manuel, AAC Commissioner Aresco, Governor Dan Malloy and others, announcing that both men's and women's AAC tournaments will be held next year in Connecticut.

Also stated that the XL Center will undergo a $35 million upgrade this summer.

Was this posted before? If so, I missed it.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Last week, the AP received the first media tour of the facility, where visitors will be greeted at the front entrance by 13 national championship trophies and an interactive Hall of Fame.

Behind that, the left side of the building is devoted to Geno Auriemma's women's program, with offices overlooking a practice court designed to mirror the floor at Gampel Pavilion. The right side of the building has an almost identical setup with a second court for the men (and an extra office for former coach Jim Calhoun). In the middle are shared medical training facilities, a dining hall and study areas.

LINK

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Pap, thanks for the update. Sounds like they are getting closer and closer to announcing an opening date. I am anxious to get a virtual tour of the finished product.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Last week, the AP received the first media tour of the facility, where visitors will be greeted at the front entrance by 13 national championship trophies and an interactive Hall of Fame.

Behind that, the left side of the building is devoted to Geno Auriemma's women's program, with offices overlooking a practice court designed to mirror the floor at Gampel Pavilion. The right side of the building has an almost identical setup with a second court for the men (and an extra office for former coach Jim Calhoun). In the middle are shared medical training facilities, a dining hall and study areas.

LINK

This is an AP article that appeared earlier in the Sacramento Bee and the Miami Herald.

Apparently the AP writer was among media reps who went on a guided tour of the facility.

I have read nothing written by local journalists. I don't know why.

Reaction Score
There is a thread on the men's board called basketball facility update from UConnJack, its the university's quarterly construction report. States that of 6/30 the facility was 98% complete, has photos, costs and reasons for delays and projected completion(s). I believe one of them was the delay in the selection and procurement of the buffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom