Stanley Robinson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanley Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Being from DR I can tell you he's doing pretty good as long as he spends his money there. The dollar can stretched pretty far in DR. $1 = $44 DR pesos. With a healthy salary he's living like a king.
well, purely the currency exchange rate doesn't tell the story. It doesn't mean that a loaf of bread is 1 or 2 DR pesos, or that a beer is in that range. Chances are most staples will be a little cheaper, imports like computers are more expensive, rents are cheaper, chances of being robbed greater. You can stretch it further, but not necessarily living like a king if he has any figure plans.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Again not a knock on the guy, but his freak level of athleticism was much higher than his basketball skill

It is a knock on the guy, and it is not true. Robinson has long arms and good ups, which is a part of athleticism but not the whole story. I have long arms and had decent ups in college and I am a terrible athlete, even by middle aged YMCA pickup game standards.

Robinson worked very hard on his game at UConn, and developed solid low post moves and a nice fadeaway. He worked hard on his outside shot, and became a decent 3 point shooter his final season. He shot over 50% from the field two seasons in a row, which indicates a smart player with good shot selection, and in 09-10 he had 79 3 point shot attempts, which makes his 52.5% from the field even more impressive. He even averaged at least an assist a game his last 3 years, which is solid for someone playing at both the 3 and the 4 position in Calhoun's offense.

He was not as fast as some of the top forwards in the league from that era, like Wesley Johnson, or have as good body control as Jimmy Butler, Greg Monroe or Samardo Samuels, but he held his own against those future NBA players most of the time.

Sticks was a good player that busted his butt to get better, and it is kind of insulting to him to say he was just an unskilled athlete.

Reaction Score
It is a knock on the guy, and it is not true. Robinson has long arms and good ups, which is a part of athleticism but not the whole story. I have long arms and had decent ups in college and I am a terrible athlete, even by middle aged YMCA pickup game standards.

Robinson worked very hard on his game at UConn, and developed solid low post moves and a nice fadeaway. He worked hard on his outside shot, and became a decent 3 point shooter his final season. He shot over 50% from the field two seasons in a row, which indicates a smart player with good shot selection, and in 09-10 he had 79 3 point shot attempts, which makes his 52.5% from the field even more impressive. He even averaged at least an assist a game his last 3 years, which is solid for someone playing at both the 3 and the 4 position in Calhoun's offense.

He was not as fast as some of the top forwards in the league from that era, like Wesley Johnson, or have as good body control as Jimmy Butler, Greg Monroe or Samardo Samuels, but he held his own against those future NBA players most of the time.

Sticks was a good player that busted his butt to get better, and it is kind of insulting to him to say he was just an unskilled athlete.

Kind of took that a little far...Craig Austrie was great and held his own against the same comp and had the exact opposite issue. Should I avoid saying he wasn't the greatest athlete ever cause it's not nice and fuzzy with balloons and rainbows?

Reaction Score
Stix is one of my favorite players to come through here. Hate to think what if, but always wonder if he would have been drafted higher if he came out after his junior year with the help of the shine from the final four run, or if he could have stuck somewhere without the injuries as a pro. He improved as a senior but that was a rough season for us, the loss to St Johns in the BET was the most brutal game I have ever been to

Reaction Score
Respect to Sticks! Everyone that I knew who encountered him, from UConn students, to adults in the community, always said he is such an extremely caring individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom