Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Stix doing work

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Awesome. That's the happiest sentence I have read in a long time.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Happy to see him doing well. Definitely one of my favorite Huskies.

Also, for as good as he was at times, still felt he had potential to be an all time Husky. Not a knock on the guy, sometimes things just don't work out as planned.

Reaction Score

Also, for as good as he was at times, still felt he had potential to be an all time Husky. Not a knock on the guy, sometimes things just don't work out as planned.

Again not a knock on the guy, but his freak level of athleticism was much higher than his basketball skill

Reaction Score
Is there a point at which playing pro basketball, however you define it, is a worse option than saying getting into coaching? How much do they pay in the Doninican league?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score

Going for those easy likes.

Perhaps I've just done a really good job of blocking that game from my memory, but I had totally forgotten it was just a 3 point game with a little over a minute to go. Remembering that fact makes it sting even more...

Reaction Score
Its the Storrs air that sticks in your lungs. That special, top quality 'basketball' air is special to ladies and men.

Forever producing fire breath!

Reaction Score
Is there a point at which playing pro basketball, however you define it, is a worse option than saying getting into coaching?
It depends on whether you have the ability and/or desire to coach. As a player, your talent/athleticism/skills matter a great deal, but none of those help you coach. Coaching is, obviously, more intellectual than athletic, so the skills to do one, aren't necessarily transferable to the other.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is there a point at which playing pro basketball, however you define it, is a worse option than saying getting into coaching? How much do they pay in the Doninican league?
It depends on whether you have the ability and/or desire to coach. As a player, your talent/athleticism/skills matter a great deal, but none of those help you coach. Coaching is, obviously, more intellectual than athletic, so the skills to do one, aren't necessarily transferable to the other.

Not only that, but the first however many years of coaching, you aren't making squat. You'll make money at a top tier institution, but most guys don't start there.

Many of these guys are hoping to play themselves into a better situation. Maybe Robinson gets a look in Europe, England or Australia now, on a pretty good wicket.

And let's face it, playing basketball is fun. And it's all these guys know.

Reaction Score
Sticks will be playing in the DR again for the next couple months in the top league there. He will then be playing in Japan for the Oita Ehime Heat Devils.

He's been working really hard and wants another shot at the nba as he says this is the healthiest he's been in few years. He plans on trying to get a tryout or play summer league next year after his seasons in the DR and Japan.

He is trying to see if his schedule works out to play in the charity game in August. JC told him he could come up and train on campus but he leaves Friday for the league in the DR

Reaction Score

Being from DR I can tell you he's doing pretty good as long as he spends his money there. The dollar can stretched pretty far in DR. $1 = $44 DR pesos. With a healthy salary he's living like a king.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sticks will be playing in the DR again for the next couple months in the top league there. He will then be playing in Japan for the Oita Ehime Heat Devils.

He's been working really hard and wants another shot at the nba as he says this is the healthiest he's been in few years. He plans on trying to get a tryout or play summer league next year after his seasons in the DR and Japan.

He is trying to see if his schedule works out to play in the charity game in August. JC told him he could come up and train on campus but he leaves Friday for the league in the DR

Great info, thanks.

I hope he gets a shot, but if not, can catch on in Europe. Plenty of money to be made there, and he's got a family to take care of. Great guy, really pulling for him.

Being from DR I can tell you he's doing pretty good as long as he spends his money there. The dollar can stretched pretty far in DR. $1 = $44 DR pesos. With a healthy salary he's living like a king.

Problem is, Sticks has three kids, and needs to provide for them. I doubt they are in the DR.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Perhaps I've just done a really good job of blocking that game from my memory, but I had totally forgotten it was just a 3 point game with a little over a minute to go. Remembering that fact makes it sting even more...

My thoughts exactly. Pretty sure I blacked out in Hunting Lodge after that game and burned some of my uconn apparel I was wearing because it was 'bad luck'.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Much love to "The Lodge" ^. The greatest place I ever lived ... for 5 1/2 months. Stupid fire. Stupid stupid fire.

Reaction Score
Great info, thanks.

I hope he gets a shot, but if not, can catch on in Europe. Plenty of money to be made there, and he's got a family to take care of. Great guy, really pulling for him.

Problem is, Sticks has three kids, and needs to provide for them. I doubt they are in the DR.
DR has great private schools, and his kids will love the Caribbean life.

Reaction Score
He will be playing for Ehime Orange Vikings previously the Oita Ehime HeatDevils in the Japanese basketball league this coming up season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom