Stanford vs. South Carolina Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs. South Carolina Game Thread

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I said first to 60 wins...

Reaction Score
Man. South Carolina could not hit the side of the house with a rock in that 1st half came out in the 2nd half making shots and stunned Stanford on the defensive side. Well done.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wilson's father keep making gestures like his daughter got elbowed in the eye. Everytime I look at that replay it looks like she hit herself in the eye.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Huskies v. MSU game thread is open...

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Lou takes this as incentive tonight so she can get back for her sister on Monday.

Reaction Score
That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back - probably the most boring game I've seen in recent memory. The announcers are talking about South Carolina like that was some kind of masterful performance. It wasn't. That looked like 2 teams that were trying not to lose..

Reaction Score
SC? The team we've beaten every year for the last three years by an average of 20+ points who is also down one of their starting bigs and has not so great guard play? That SC?

The one that just beat Stanford, yeah, that one.

Reaction Score
The one that just beat Stanford, yeah, that one.
As I said above, we just beat them by 11 when they had Coates and we had no Kia and Lou was a no-show. Sorry I'm not going to panic. Let Wilson get 30 and put a healthy Kia and Gabby on the guards/forwards and Lou with her long arms in the passing lanes.

Reaction Score
That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back - probably the most boring game I've seen in recent memory. The announcers are talking about South Carolina like that was some kind of masterful performance. It wasn't. That looked like 2 teams that were trying not to lose..

They are paid to whip up attention

Reaction Score
She didn't outcoach anybody. Stanford lost one it's best players.
Don't think SC defense had much to do with all those missed open shots by Stanford.
l

Samuelson out means no room for shooters

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Win by So Carolina Tara has the right game plan and for the most part controlled A'ja Wilson, except for her rebounding. Stanford couldn't buy a shot in the 2nd half and then So Carolina guards started to create their own shots going to the basket and Stanford had no Answer. If Karlie's not injured and able to hit some 3 point shots Stanford probably wins the game. So Carolina's quick guards made the difference and Stanford had no answers in 2nd half.

Reaction Score
So, Dawn had a better half time adjustment than Tara?

No doubt Dawn went to a zone and took Stanford out of their rhythm and when we went back to man they were completely lost. Dawn won the coaching battle tonight but SC absolutely has to play better Sunday or they will get blown out.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tough ending for Karlie, but it was her second Final Four.

Lou will be playing for her teammates AND her family.

Reaction Score
No doubt Dawn went to a zone and took Stanford out of their rhythm and when we went back to man they were completely lost. Dawn won the coaching battle tonight but SC absolutely has to play better Sunday or they will get blown out.

She won the injury battle, wilson won the whistle battle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom