Stanford Schmamford!!?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford Schmamford!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, but the mortality rate for drug dealers is a lot higher, although both often are accused of having a crack problem.
In the long run, I believe the mortality rate is 100% for both. :)

Reaction Score
Hey Winlots... Nice thread. Thanks for giving us something to talk about.
Just wath out for the Small Package Pin !

Lets' pose the question this way :
Your daughter is top 30 coming out of high school, and she wants to pursue and play bball for as long as she can. She has been accepted to both Stanford and UCONN. What advice do you give her.
I am biased and I love Tara, but I think Geno makes her get more out of her potential.
GO UCONN

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Although I agree that you can get a quality education anywhere, I think people are underestimating the value of world-class resources and faculty. Applying yourself in that kind of environment naturally bears more fruit than applying yourself an environment without those kinds of resources. Yes, you will get more out of your Uconn education if you throw yourself into it than if you coast at Stanford.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
You must be much younger, ...us actual senators wore lion skins and kept fake senators away with flint spears.../quote]

-Dang Patricians…
Marvin 9(1).jpg

-Oh well, thanks eventually for the ultra-cool helmet design. But we really could have done without the whole battle-skirt concept.
- Anyway, no hard feelings. SPQR*, Man!

*Senātus Populusque Rōmānus: Roman talk for - “Live long and prosper”, or literally “Pass me them grapes"

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
The only place UConn has a better academic program than Stanford is the doctoral program for Kinesiology. And I don't think these 17/18 year old girls are thinking about that. I love UConn, but let's be serious here, Stanford is head and shoulders above it academically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom