St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree on Adams. He was a 5* and you can see it in HS. Vital was a three star I think though. He was all heart and development.
I liked Vital as he definitely was a leader by his Sr. year and a steady offensive threat to go along with Bouk but Adams was the opposite. He never lived up to his hype and was soft and worried about getting fouls. Adams wouldn't be the answer.

Reaction Score
HOW can this team make the same basic mistakes over and over ???
Do they practice ???
An embarrassment, everything was out of sync. WHO is in charge ?????
Hurley is in charge. Dan Hurley. I know it’s hard to tell cuz he’s comatose, but that’s the guy.

Reaction Score
We are no where close to a Sweet 16 team right now.

I was a big fan of his. He was stuck with limited talent around him, but he gave UConn his heart and Blood sweat and tears
Jalen always be remembered the clutch 80 footer he made against Cincinatti at that epic 4 overtime thriller. A great shot that reminded me of the Scotty Burrell to Tate George play against Clemson back in 1990.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Jalen always be remembered the clutch 80 footer he made against Cincinatti at that epic 4 overtime thriller. A great shot that reminded me of the Scotty Burrell to Tate George play against Clemson back in 1990.
He made a couple of other clutch plays during that game too. He always seemed to have “it”. He just never had the talent around him to do much. Wish he reclassified to come in and have Boatright mentor him instead of Gibbs.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They’re exactly what this team needs… but are they who they are with Hurley coaching them? I have no idea. Newton was suppose to be good. So was Diggins. Gaffney looked good as a freshman. We’ll have to see how Castle does next year.
Vital became who you (and I) fondly remember with Hurley coaching him. Any other claim is preposterous.

You used up you Mulligan when you admitted to forgetting about Gilbert.

The team that surrounded Adams in his Senior year was most unfortunate for him. It's with good reason that you wish this team had him.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Vital became who you (and I) fondly remember with Hurley coaching him. Any other claim is preposterous.

You used up you Mulligan when you admitted to forgetting about Gilbert.

The team that surrounded Adams in his Senior year was most unfortunate for him. It's with good reason that you wish this team had him.
It’s hard for me to believe that when we haven’t seen him do it again. It makes me ask if it was just a carry over of KO’s coaching or was it Hurley’s new energy or what. Because he hasn’t been able to replicate it since.

Adams had horrible teams every year except for his freshman year. He never had a chance at showing how good he actually was.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They are not better than Adams, Vital, and Whaley was a DPOY.

Polley, one of the worst of the bunch, was 6th man of the year. Carlton transfered and became All Conference for a very good Houston team. The whole Hurley was left with nothing is overblown.
Now you have shamelessly moved the goal posts. Disingenuous is worse than overblown. And I say that as someone generally (and sometimes admiringly) amused by your creative persistence in attempts to keep the balloon aloft.

Reaction Score
My game summary:

1. Hurley is a poor game coach. He is too emotional during close games, and unable to adjust.

2. UConn was not prepared for an old fashioned bare knuckles game.

3. St.John’s Soriano is a very good player. He is much improved over last season as confirmed by his stats this season.

4. Bad loss but not the end of the season, but hopefully focus can be restored.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So you really think Cole and Martin are better than Adams and Vital? Want to make sure I’m not confused here.
You know for certain that I haven't said that, and I judge his arguments superior to yours, however frustrating you may find that.

Thanks for playing, and don't stop. Just don't believe everything you write.

Reaction Score
I think Kimani has earned the chance to lead this team. Hurley can recruit but he’s a mid-Major coach. This is year 5 and no NCAA tourney wins and many shameful losses. This is the 2nd worst loss (NM State is the worst) of the Hurley Era.
Some of us have been saying that for a while. You can get as many guys as you want. You still need to figure out what to do with them. And you know what? His great recruiting is highly over rated. In five years he hasn’t landed a big time point guard. At some point you need to accent that either he can’t do it or he doesn’t know how to evaluate them. And please don’t say Cole. He was an undersized midmajor combo whe sort of played point for us. This year our big upgrade was to steal the pg from East Carolina. The boneyard went all Gaga over a transfer from a program we consider it embarrassing to be associated with.

Reaction Score
Something’s got to give. There needs to be some kind of change, mix up the rotation/starters, offensive philosophy (more free flow and less structured).

Maybe dropping out of the top 10 will let the kids relax a little bit too.
Change in the head coach, maybe?

Reaction Score
I don’t get why we’re stretching so far out on a team that can’t shoot 3s at all, especially when we have so much height. Then when we were getting torn up in man, why not go to the zone a lot early.

I really don’t wanna diss diarra either cuz he gives some of the most effort on the team, but we have no half court offense when he’s in the game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We should hire Ollie to do the game planning. He beat Martelli, Jay Wright, Fred Hoiberg, Tom Izzo, Billy Donovan and John Calipari back to back with a roster that looks like scrubs compared to this one.

Ollie could be an assistant coach again. It's not like he needs the money after the settlement.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why we’re stretching so far out on a team that can’t shoot 3s at all, especially when we have so much height. Then when we were getting torn up in man, why not go to the zone a lot early.

I really don’t wanna diss diarra either cuz he gives some of the most effort on the team, but we have no half court offense when he’s in the game.
You have to play 5 guys. Lol.

Newton, Diarra, Calcaterra or Alleyne. At least one has to be in the game .

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
WTH am i reading. Bouk is in the NBA. CV is my favorite husky of the last 15 years but where is he?
Keep in mind that you're replying to somebody who at times flashes ideas that contain arguable value, but then regularly demonstrates a weird commitment, preference, or compulsion to express such things in ways that come off as stupid and/or foul, while projecting a non-fitting self-certainty. He's one of the Board's more inscrutable posters. Ironically, he might benefit from some coaching.

Reaction Score
maybe already addressed in the above posts but honestly it’s too much for me to read. Was there any explanation for David Jones’ elbow to Clingan only getting a flagrant 1 and not a flagrant 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom