St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did the team and staff all go out and get hammered last night? This is the worst game of the Hurley era.
I haven't put much thought into it, but it sure feels that way. We lost a game at home by double digits where the other team missed 14 FTs and shot 15% from 3. Let that sink in.

This could've been a 30 point loss at home.

Reaction Score
Something’s got to give. There needs to be some kind of change, mix up the rotation/starters, offensive philosophy (more free flow and less structured).

Maybe dropping out of the top 10 will let the kids relax a little bit too.

Reaction Score
I was out and have the game on tape but went to the chat just to check near the end. It was quite toxic over there understandably. I now don’t want to watch the tape but can someone just briefly explain how this went that badly? Once down, playing tight?

Reaction Score
20 turnovers
30 personal fouls
2 technical fouls
Zero defense

This team has absolutely no discipline and is very poorly coached.

Even Kevin Ollie led teams didn’t have historically poor defense like this.

If you’re not a concerned fan, you should be. This is an absolute disgrace.

Reaction Score
I can't tell if we are doing too much or too little in practice. Other than Hawkins there was no spark. Near air balls on free throws to start the game and Sanogo can barely dunk now. Are we tired?

Reaction Score
Worst game I have seen in over 2 years. Why we didn't play a simple 2 -3 zone against this team when it was obvious we couldn't guard them in the 1st half is unreal. Also it will allow both Sanogo and DC to be on the floor together. Then on offense St. Johns would not have been able to double team either of them. IF so the other would clean up the miss. Let other teams figure out how to adjust to the lineup we wont out there. Hawkins and Jackson up top and Karaban, DC, and Sanogo. Can't start Newton at this point

Reaction Score
I would say Karaban came to play. 16/5/1 with no TOs.

Hawkins came to play other than the 7 TOs. Needs to clean that up.
Hawkins turned the ball over so much in part because no one else even pretended to want the basketball besides Karaban. Guys passed off open shots or dropped passes and forced the ball to him. He wasn't perfect but the effort was there.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I was out and have the game on tape but went to the chat just to check near the end. It was quite toxic over there understandably. I now don’t want to watch the tape but can someone just briefly explain how this went that badly? Once down, playing tight?
Everybody just stood there on offense. No ball movement.

Reaction Score
I haven't put much thought into it, but it sure feels that way. We lost a game at home by double digits where the other team missed 14 FTs and shot 15% from 3. Let that sink in.

This could've been a 30 point loss at home.
It was bizarre. Everyone was sloppy, disorganized, and there was no energy at all.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 2.32.47 PM.jpg

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It’s time to let the reins off of Newton, Hawkins, and Jackson so they can drive.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened on that last foul by AJ- just curious since they didn’t show it again

Reaction Score
Sometimes you burn the tape and never watch it. No, this one we watch. This one we watch like A Clockwork Orange with our eyes peeled wide. That includes Hurley.

Details. Focus. Effort. Intelligence. Focus.

Did I mention focus?

You need to watch this tape over and over. It shows exactly what we are doing wrong. And it ain't detail, focus and energy.

This is what we are doing wrong.

We overplay on the outside and it allows opponents to blow by and get to the rim. It was a lay up line. Has been for five games. Overplay, blow by, lay up. Overplay, blow by and lay up.

Hell, Jackson is six foot six inches, he does NOT need to be in his man's chest outside the three point line. He needs to be back a foot, take away the drive to the lane and make his guy settle for a contested outside shot.

Reaction Score
Team started feeling themselves after PKI. We had complained in the past about being “tough” but not the most skilled. I’d kill for some of those “tough” guys now. We’ve been punked in too many games since PKI, they lost the chip on their shoulders

Reaction Score
HOW can this team make the same basic mistakes over and over ???
Do they practice ???
An embarrassment, everything was out of sync. WHO is in charge ?????

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Can we finally stop with the we only lost cause we played top conference teams on the road. We haven’t been very good, except the Creighton game, for a while.

Also stop with Newton will figure it out, no he won’t. He is what he is and not that good.
Was Creighton good or did they just play really bad and stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom