St John’s broadcast Alleyne mention | The Boneyard

St John’s broadcast Alleyne mention

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, no FS2 broadcast in Albany NY area Of Huskies. Showing drag racing. Also no streaming available.

Reaction Score
He left for money and more PT. Just playing the political game with that comment. Nothi
It must be money, not PT. B/c he had all the minutes he could want if he stayed. The Rutgers transfer is playing a ton, and he wouldn't be here if Alleyne stayed, right?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Very well could have left for Pitino, but it was in no way Pitino OVER Hurley. He was out in Storrs, he chose Pitino over all the other coaches recruiting him AFTER he knew he wasn’t going to stay here.
Most players who enter the portal know where they’re going already.

Reaction Score
Who knows, maybe in his end of the year meeting with coach, it was mutually agreed that he should look for a new home. We don’t know all the dynamics behind the situation and there were a lot of freshmen coming in who needed playing time. He only had one year left and Castle needed minutes.

Reaction Score
Who knows, maybe in his end of the year meeting with coach, it was mutually agreed that he should look for a new home. We don’t know all the dynamics behind the situation and there were a lot of freshmen coming in who needed playing time. He only had one year left and Castle needed minutes.
Hurley has intimated many times in interviews that Alleyne had one foot out the door before the season was over. He didn't specifically mention Alleyne's name but it was clear who he was talking about. I don't think Alleyne was happy coming off the bench and wanted a bigger role. Remember that he was a 3 year started at Virginia Tech so I can see how that happened. Hurley never seemed to be upset about it so no big deal.

Reaction Score
Hurley has intimated many times in interviews that Alleyne had one foot out the door before the season was over. He didn't specifically mention Alleyne's name but it was clear who he was talking about. I don't think Alleyne was happy coming off the bench and wanted a bigger role. Remember that he was a 3 year started at Virginia Tech so I can see how that happened. Hurley never seemed to be upset about it so no big deal.

He's coming off the bench at St John's but whatever. Maybe he'd be like the 7th guy off the bench for UConn but guessing he feels he'd get more minutes at st johns.

Reaction Score
He's coming off the bench at St John's but whatever. Maybe he'd be like the 7th guy off the bench for UConn but guessing he feels he'd get more minutes at st johns.
When he committed to SJU they barely had a team since Pitino kicked almost everyone from last season to the curb. I'm sure he figured he'd have a bigger role there. He did start the first game for SJU (against Rutgers), played 35 minutes, and put up 17 shots. Tonight I think he was the first guy off the bench and played 18 minutes and put up 13 shots (which btw were the most of any SJU player). Last season he played a lot the first few games and then starting with the Oregon game his minutes started to decrease and most of the season from there his minutes were in the teens, a few in the low 20s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Much would rather give the freshman his run. Ball is pretty much the same player as him and will be even better.

Reaction Score

He didn’t get too many long leashes first half of the year last year if you remember correctly. He missed a shot, yanked. A turnover, yanked. He didn’t get Dans confidence until later in the year and it may have been too late to repair whatever could have occurred between the 2. No matter he was great the rest of the way and is entitled to feel any way he wants.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom