St John’s broadcast Alleyne mention | Page 3 | The Boneyard

St John’s broadcast Alleyne mention

Reaction Score
He was a multi-year starter on an SEC team that played in the tournament. After spending a year as a bench guy on a national championship team - winning the whole thing - it's hard to fault a kid for looking for a bigger role elsewhere for his last year of college basketball. It might not work out the way he planned but that's life. It would be stunning if he's not "welcome" on campus when his career's over. We can be thankful that the Boneyard doesn't have any role in those calls.
ACC, the Hokies haven't left yet.

Reaction Score
I think what’s going to hurt him is that he was part of a championship team with a banner on the wall..and I don’t think he will be welcome to come visit the team like past players are when his college career is over

This is a shockingly stupid comment. He's a national champion and left on good terms. He's "welcome" to visit the team any time he pleases. He's literally been back on campus already.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think what’s going to hurt him is that he was part of a championship team with a banner on the wall.

This is never, ever, ever going to hurt him.

Reaction Score
He was a multi-year starter on an SEC team that played in the tournament. After spending a year as a bench guy on a national championship team - winning the whole thing - it's hard to fault a kid for looking for a bigger role elsewhere for his last year of college basketball. It might not work out the way he planned but that's life. It would be stunning if he's not "welcome" on campus when his career's over. We can be thankful that the Boneyard doesn't have any role in those calls.
I deserve the criticism. The post was in bad taste.. I regret posting it

Reaction Score
He was poised to be a starter at SJU before some transfers came in. I wonder if he is regretting it at all.
Yeah I thought the same thing. Not sure his new situation is better than what he left. Clearly St. John’s doesn’t have the talent for a deep run in the tourney. And it will be interesting to see if he accrues more minutes now.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I wish him well and I also wished he stayed. Because one thing when you listen to Hurley about what he wants he uses the word “dog” all the time. My interpretation of a dog is someone who plays with an edge, does not shy away from the moment and puts his body on the line on defense. Someone who just has that don’t duckk with me look. He gave us an edge it was a perfect marriage as far as a role player. The misjudgment came when evaluating playing time. He would have been #1 off the bench or after Samson pending foul trouble for Clingan. He would have played 15 to 20 minutes a game for this team. Because he can rebound and that looks like it will be something we need to focus on considering the last game. If you recall he also brought the ball up for us last year and he does handle the ball well.

Reaction Score
I wish him well and I also wished he stayed. Because one thing when you listen to Hurley about what he wants he uses the word “dog” all the time. My interpretation of a dog is someone who plays with an edge, does not shy away from the moment and puts his body on the line on defense. Someone who just has that don’t duckk with me look. He gave us an edge it was a perfect marriage as far as a role player. The misjudgment came when evaluating playing time. He would have been #1 off the bench or after Samson pending foul trouble for Clingan. He would have played 15 to 20 minutes a game for this team. Because he can rebound and that looks like it will be something we need to focus on considering the last game. If you recall he also brought the ball up for us last year and he does handle the ball well.
So what did Ricky promise? Isn't he from down there? Maybe he just wanted to play in front of family?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
So what did Ricky promise? Isn't he from down there? Maybe he just wanted to play in front of family?
Certainly we don’t know all the facts and hindsight 20/20 and all that. But the way it looks now he might have ended up getting more playing time with us than them. And we are a way better team….go figure.

Reaction Score
Certainly we don’t know all the facts and hindsight 20/20 and all that. But the way it looks now he might have ended up getting more playing time with us than them. And we are a way better team….go figure.
Those are the risks when you transfer. The grass isn't always greener.

Reaction Score
He started slow last year and came on 2nd half so maybe it will be the same.

Reaction Score
Pitino was quoted after a loss blaming “too many players from the portal.” His words. Also said he lacks front court depth. It was how he constructed his roster through the portal.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Well, that's certainly "down there".
I’m not sure “down there” and “Pitino” should be anywhere near the same thread.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He started slow last year and came on 2nd half so maybe it will be the same.
It will be interesting to see how Ricky wants him to perform. His teams play with hyper aggressiveness and that is not Alleyne's style normally. He's more of a headier kind of player than a helter skelter type so looking forward to watching to see how his style is in the near future. Being a headier kind of player he might have been intrigued to be playing under Pitino who is a very successful coach and thinks outside the box. He might have a potential coaching future in mind or just seeing what he can get from Pitino as his college career comes to an end vs. only minutes. I can see why he moved on and only he and Danny know what went on between them including discussions about his future at Uconn. I always like having players like him on a team. Good contributor, few mistakes and a team glue guy.

Reaction Score
Alleyne, more proof that most players want one thing almost more than winning and that’s playing time. He saw the big class coming in and thought he was odd man out. I’m pretty sure he will have a significant role as the year goes by because he has valuable skills, otherwise it was a pretty bad miscalculation on his part, but too early to say that now.

Reaction Score

I think that a "dog" is someone who latches onto something and won't get go. A dog with a bone will not relinquish it. I think that is Hurley's meaning. Anyway, that is my interpretation of Hurley's meaning.

Reaction Score
Pitino was quoted after a loss blaming “too many players from the portal.” His words. Also said he lacks front court depth. It was how he constructed his roster through the portal.
Kind of like Calipari blaming losses on having too many freshmen.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here's a nice update on Alleyne. Says he went to Pitino to apologizing for his poor play to begin the season. He had a good game yesterday.

Reaction Score
Didn't he get 400K? Thats a lot of money for a college kid. May have had something to do with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom