Speaking of "visiting team" posters, what schools are represented on the BY? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Speaking of "visiting team" posters, what schools are represented on the BY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
UConn fan, of course. But as an alumnus of Illinois, I'm hopeful that Matt
Bollant can elevate the Illini women to respectability, if not top 25 status.
Would be nice to see Illinois become a consistent, good team.Would help their conference be more competitive and fun to watch.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
UConn, SMU, Ball State. I will always have a spot in my heart for Ball State.
Never know about Ball State.The way teams you never would believe make the tournament the past few years,you cannot count anyone out,so,here is rooting for them to reach the goal of playing in the post season.

Reaction Score
I live in Wisconsin so next to UConn for basketball, I follow the Badger men. Never got excited about the Badger women, though. Love Badger football and hockey. But later this year I'm moving to the Ann Arbor area so we'll see if I get infected with Wolverine fever.
UCONN #1, Purdue #2

Reaction Score
Notre Dame fan and alumnus. I went there, as did 2 of my sisters, my Dad and both his brothers. It's a family thing. But I'm the only one of the group with more than a passing interest in WCBB.
I feel sorry for you to have to carry the burden of such a horrible family legacy!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
UConn fan, of course. But as an alumnus of Illinois, I'm hopeful that Matt
Bollant can elevate the Illini women to respectability, if not top 25 status.
Being from IL (the state, not UofI), I always try to cheer a little for them, but there usually isn't much to cheer for. :(

Reaction Score
Any idea of the challenges he faces? I know TG when she was there got the women out of a second class facility, but is the arena dated? How are the locker rooms and facilities? (Although some RU fans went to games both when TG and Jolette were there, we never did).

Bolant seemed a good choice. Will be interesting to see how they do going forward. I used to root for Illinois in the abstract, but now that RU is in the B1G, so much for that.

Assembly Hall (I think it's called the State Farm Center now) is indeed old, but it seats about 16000
and is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation which will presumably be done by the start of
the season.

Illinois is in that familiar situation where they need more talented kids to win and they need to
win to attract more talented kids. There's plenty of blue chip prep talent in Illinois but Bollant
isn't getting any of it yet. His best incoming freshman (6'3" Chantrice White) was ranked in the
70's or 80's I think. So basically he's going to have to prove he can win without big time talent.
He was successful at Green Bay without prep all stars, but the competition level is higher now.

We shall see. I wish him well.

Reaction Score
Very good inquiry. I am a Husky fan- although I matriculated at the Univ. as a grad. student. I have often asked myself why the love for the Husky. Afterall, I have studied at Cal, UW and worked for a period at UT-Austin, . Today, I am in Denmark where we do , bu, really, play bb. While in Calif and Seattle I never followed wo/men bb or fb- though fb was everything in Seattle. So what is it with Uconn that forces me to hold on and support? (I should add that I do like Stanford and support the rivalry, but fear that not many on the Yard give 2 cents about it, preferring to wish upon TN.)

Reaction Score
My schools:

UConn
Lehigh
Brown
Penn

Other family schools include:

Lafayette
Rice
Columbia
Stanford
SDSU
Tennessee (by marriage) :(

Milford's listing of "family schools" reminds me of a tradition we started several years go. Whenever someone in our family gets a degree, we hang a school pennant on the wall of our summer camp. To date, the display includes UConn, St. John's, Middlebury, SUNY Potsdam, Dickinson, Bates, Western Maryland, North Carolina, Wisconsin, and Cal-Berkeley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom