Speaking of "visiting team" posters, what schools are represented on the BY? | The Boneyard

Speaking of "visiting team" posters, what schools are represented on the BY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We were chatting about it in a different thread (people not posting much at the moment) but it got me thinking - we have a lot of "visitors" on the BY, but sometimes if their names don't represent their respective team (does ANYONE on here not know ETT is a Baylor fan?!! Or that Camrn is a Duke fan??), I don't know who they are...

So I was curious for folks who post on here what schools are their "home" teams?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My Rutgers fandom is obvious from the name. My second favorite team is Arizona (bad as they are).

I'm curious if there are any B1G fans here - I know there are folks that follow the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and even the PAC12.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
My Rutgers fandom is obvious from the name. My second favorite team is Arizona (bad as they are).

I'm curious if there are any B1G fans here - I know there are folks that follow the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and even the PAC12.

I live in Wisconsin so next to UConn for basketball, I follow the Badger men. Never got excited about the Badger women, though. Love Badger football and hockey. But later this year I'm moving to the Ann Arbor area so we'll see if I get infected with Wolverine fever.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I live in Wisconsin so next to UConn for basketball, I follow the Badger men. Never got excited about the Badger women, though. Love Badger football and hockey. But later this year I'm moving to the Ann Arbor area so we'll see if I get infected with Wolverine fever.
Many years ago my wife and I had the opportunity to see Rutgers (women) play at Wisconsin. The arena was beautiful, the weather wet. We rode some sort of shuttle bus that had a bit of spare time, so we got a mini-tour of a corner of the campus, and learned all about seat licenses, our first exposure to the concept, as well as the fact that it included WBB and Hockey, as well as MBB.

Reaction Score
North Carolina and I'll root for any high school player from the state of South Carolina to have a successful college career.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I live in suburban Maryland and became a Maryland season ticket holder and fan when I started following the program around 2003-4. They really won me over. It's been a lot of fun and we get terrific access to the program. Good people.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Notre Dame fan and alumnus. I went there, as did 2 of my sisters, my Dad and both his brothers. It's a family thing. But I'm the only one of the group with more than a passing interest in WCBB.

Reaction Score
Hi I'm a Huskies fanatic (as if you all couldn't tell!) , a season ticket holder who's bark is worse than his bite, originally from the Bronx, NY, by way of MO, now New London, CT

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I live in suburban Maryland and became a Maryland season ticket holder and fan when I started following the program around 2003-4. They really won me over. It's been a lot of fun and we get terrific access to the program. Good people.

How are you feeling about the school's move to the Big Ten? I wish Maryland generally good luck, except when playing the Badgers, perhaps the Wolverines and Spartans (my wife's congregation is split evenly in their allegiance), and allowing my spite to show, hope the Terrapin football team does miserably until Edsall is gone.

Reaction Score
Great to hear from you cabbie191. Maybe I'll make a road trip or two to see those places.

If I'm being honest, the move was a shock, but once I accepted that football revenue drives everything, I realized there was no way to turn it down. From a women's basketball perspective, it will be weird playing a new set of opponents, but that will also be exciting and interesting. I think fans just aren't sure who to hate yet. LOL. At the end of the day, I think the program has been very successful and it is a very attractive place, regardless of whether its in the ACC or B1G. My initial look at the B1G seems to suggest that Ohio State is pretty much trying to become elite by any and all means possible.

The Maryland football team actually has some tremendous skill players this season and will be interesting to watch. They have been hit by terrible injuries the past few seasons that crippled them.

Looking at the conference shift from a UConn perspective, I just wonder how the school is going to maintain the same flow of revenue into the Athletic Department. The TV money drives everything and I have to think what UConn receives each year is taking a huge blow.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I'm a DePaul fan. Played tennis for the school and became real close with the womens basketball team. I was never a basketball fan until than. Now I'm hooked!!

Hi - I am a transplanted Chicagoan and I love our UConn Huskies WBB team, but am ALWAYS glad to hear news about Doug Bruno and his team. And I do love the Quigley ladies. Great family, great players.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Rutgers.

Although I just moved to Ohio, not that far from Ohio State, so I can't wait to make the trip there to watch Rutgers play this up-coming season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My schools:

UConn
Lehigh
Brown
Penn

Other family schools include:

Lafayette
Rice
Columbia
Stanford
SDSU
Tennessee (by marriage) :(

Reaction Score
Tennessee
Minnesota
Gonzaga

Born in Minnesota, grew up in Wisconsin, lived in Spokane, L.A., Vegas, Twin Cities, Bay Area and now reside in So Cal. But Tennessee is my "home" team.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Michigan. Born and raised there. For mbball/wbball, I cheer for UConn first and Michigan second. For football, I cheer for Michigan first and UConn second. though in both cases, it just hurts to watch either team lose and that makes it really hard to ever want UConn in the Big 10.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Michigan. Born and raised there. For mbball/wbball, I cheer for UConn first and Michigan second. For football, I cheer for Michigan first and UConn second. though in both cases, it just hurts to watch either team lose and that makes it really hard to ever want UConn in the Big 10.
Cool, of course I will be following because of RU. WBB should be the best entrant into the B1G of all the teams off the bat, will be interested to see how other teams do as well.

I do tend to like the Michigan women in general (I don't do MBB except to root for AZ and RU); football not so much. Of course we have RichRod out here, and perfectly happy about it, he has done well although the one knock is he lost to our rival both seasons. OTH, Arizona has been mostly a MBB school and interest in Football has really picked up since he arrived.

The Michigan softball coach is the 3rd winning-est, our Mike Candrea is 2nd. They are both the only ones currently in sniffing distance of all-time leader Margie Wright, who is retired. Still, I usually root for them vs. other opponents, except when we play, which occurs quite often at one of the pre-season tourneys.

Reaction Score
I'm a UConn WCBB fan. I did not graduate from the university. I'm a Holy Cross grad, and while I have warm feelings about my school, I don't follow their athletics at all. From time to time, I'll become fascinated with another WCBB team, such as the Gonzaga teams during the Vandersloot years. Such fascinations usually last a year or two and of course, would be set aside if that team were to play UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom