South Carolina Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The Big 3 come through, scoring 53 of the 66 points on 19 - 40 shooting. The rest of the team scores 13 points on 5 - 17 shooting.

It's really nice to have one of the best recruiting classes in WCBB history.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
The game was not a blowout. Would SC have won if Wilson doesn't get hurt? What if, as someone already mentioned, the phantom foul against Morgan hadn't been called? Morgan doesn't come out. Wilson plays however many minutes. UConn wins.
It could have been a blow out.
Gene called off the dogs for a good part of the fourth quarter.
I believe he did it out of respect for his Assistant Coach on the Olympic team.
If UConn had kept up the pace and kept scoring it could have been a 25-30 point win.
When they got out of their rhythm to slow the game down and stop pressing, they missed a bunch of shots and SC made some shots.
If Geno chose to keep the pace and pressure of the earlier part of the game, it would have been a blow out.

Edit: Apologies to RSHERMVIKES -- I had not seen his post before posting this. But I like what I said, so I am leaving it up.

Reaction Score
Morgan can score on anyone at anytime. Geno said, she's good at everything...including missing layups. If you're big and and don't have quick lateral movement... she'll step back and pop the 3 or drive pass you and finish the layup. If you're quick, but undersized....she'll back you down in the paint to use and abuse you. Pick your poison.

I agree. Last year this was a question if you were on here. This 2nd game showed it wasn't a fluke. Not that is was in the 1st place. But if you read on here sometimes, there seems to be this overwhelming fear of size in the paint. Tuck continues to tear apart that wall.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we're cheating. I think we have 9 guys on the court at the same time. 4 guys named Stewie, Morgan, Kia, Lou/Gabbie...and 5 guys named Moriah. Or at least it seems like she's everywhere at the same time....
Actually, 4 of them were named Morqueda. ;)

She's the most disruptive force in WCBB who doesn't have a 7'1" wingspan.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stewie is unbelievable. She's playing a pro game. She doesn't have Dee's swagger or Maya's smoothness, but my oh my does she bring her own brilliance.
She's playing at the Olympic level. Look for her in Rio.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
HoopsFan21- - -If Geno and the coaching staff, kept their girls at the level they played the first 25 minutes of the game. UCONN would have won by 35+ points! They had it at 21 points and weren't killing themselves doing it! Then the foot came off the gas and they cruised to the 12 point win!
SoCar showed me nothing, they were a typical SEC school, no offense and a trace of defense! The crowd of 18,000 was great & loud but where- ever UCONN plays it's a HOME GAME!

For all the ESPN publicity, Wilson did little vs Stewie, Tuck shutdown Coates and MoJeff destroyed Mitchell!
SoCar, and the rest of Div. I has a long hard road to get to the level UCONN is at!
I would have liked to see Chong & Butler have some time in the 4th quarter.
Yes and if Geno had let the team continue to play as they had been, UCONN could have built a 25 to 30 point lead and Butler and Chong may have gotten some playing time. They may need them both come NCAA tournament time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
OK, stat geeks. When was the last time the Huskies lost a 21 point lead within ten minutes? Heck, have they EVER lost a 21 point lead? Gotta like our chances, I'd guess.
I think we had a 30-point turnaround in about 15 minutes in St. Louis in April 2001. I was there. It was shocking and depressing as hell.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Yes and if Geno had let the team continue to play as they had been, UCONN could have built a 25 to 30 point lead and Butler and Chong may have gotten some playing time. They may need them both come NCAA tournament time.

Hey give Geno a call and fill him in. He might need your help to get #11. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Or Stewie, MoJeff and Nurse could have worn down because of all the minutes they played and still trying to play at a fast pace and put the game in the refs hands. Which may not have been too good of thing come Tourney time. Why take the risk? Why not ENSURE you win the game?

Reaction Score
I think we had a 30-point turnaround in about 15 minutes in St. Louis in April 2001. I was there. It was shocking and depressing as hell.

The best player on the court 15 years ago was on the other team. This year's UCONN that has the best. In basketball ONE PLAYER makes a HUGE impact. HUGE.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Look at the box score, the two teams really didn't play that much differently from each other. I would definitely not call this a blow out, and their best player was hurt in the 2nd quarter.
We owned that game wire to wire. We were composed and shut down SC the few times they strung together back to back baskets. We were shutting them down so effectively- we used the clock as our ally. And the thought that Geno didn't want to win by 30, and planned to keep it relatively close is really funny.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
i think gabby eventually calmed down, but our sophs and fresh looked terrible and are not ready for the big time. we wont need them except gabby i think needs to be ready this year. next year, we are in trouble.
Couldn't disagree more- our team held them to 50 +~ pts!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Stewie and Moriah played all 40 minutes! Kia played 39 minutes! I think Geno wanted to keep those three on the floor but without 'killing' them. They had played so incredibly hard all game long, especially our magnificent Moriah. Taking the air out of the ball in Q4 seemed not so much a strategy to win the game (or maintain the large margin) as much as it reflected his desire to preserve Stewie, Moriah and Kia whose tanks had to be running low. Those three (and Morgan, who played 33 minutes) gave everything they had, every second they were out there. A fantastic effort.
Exactly!

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
And he's still laughing.
You know, to all you people responding to this post, I was responding to a post by RSHERMVIKES. I was not talking to ANY of you. I believe RSHERMVIKES understands the post. Don't respond to a post unless you have all the information. I was not complaining about the decisions Geno made. However, there were posters who posted they were concerned when the team slowed the pace. Why did you not respond to those posts? By the way calpedaler, I'm laughing at you.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
And he's still laughing.
You know, to all you people responding to this post, I was responding to a post by RSHERMVIKES. I was not talking to ANY of you. I believe RSHERMVIKES understands the post. Don't respond to a post unless you have all the information. I was not complaining about the decisions Geno made. However, there were posters who posted they were concerned when the team slowed the pace. Why did you not respond to those posts? By the way calpedaler, I'm laughing at you.

Reaction Score

Thanks

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
LOL. Kind of NOT how this posting thing works though. When you post you are talking to everyone. If any us really had ALL the information that person would not have a need to post. A difference of opinion is a darn good thing.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
LOL. Kind of NOT how this posting thing works though. When you post you are talking to everyone. If any us really had ALL the information that person would not have a need to post. A difference of opinion is a darn good thing.
I was referring to ALL the information related to my post, not information taken out of context. If you had read the post to which I originally responded, you would see that your post was not necessary. It is possible to have all the information related to a particular post if that post was a response to another post. READ ALL posts involved.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was referring to ALL the information related to my post, not information taken out of context. If you had read the post to which I originally responded, you would see that your post was not necessary. It is possible to have all the information related to a particular post if that post was a response to another post. READ ALL posts involved.
Unfortunately I have ADD and lack the ... what were you saying again, Oh yea,- all the information. I am still laughing too hard at myself- I think , can I get back to you on this tomorrow? maybe. #notthatserious# :D

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I have ADD and lack the ... what were you saying again, Oh yea,- all the information. I am still laughing too hard at myself- I think , can I get back to you on this tomorrow? maybe. #notthatserious# :D
seems to be what I'm saying more and more these days...for me at least, the senior citizen's moment has turned into my general waking state....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom