Soooo how can Azzi improve | The Boneyard

Soooo how can Azzi improve

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Based on Azzi's NCAA tourney statistics she can stop taking two point shots since she has shot them at a cold 31% and threes at 43%. Or take more two point shots via drives in order to get many more free throws which she shoots at 92%. Reminds me of a Geno complaint of Maya Moore. Assists? Azzi are you remotely familiar with the word assist? No! Thought so. And Larry Bird said Kevin McHale was a basketball black hole. He has not seen Azzi play. ;):rolleyes: Clearly Azzi is a Svetlana acolyte. Azzi's "Svetish" motto: "I did not come to pass the ball. I came to shoot the ball." ;):D
1648566924753.png

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
There is no problem letting Azzi shoot whenever she is open, that's what Geno wants her to do. She may become the best 3 pt shooter of all time eventually, but the problem is her getting open. That is something the team has to work on next year, but for now, we will enjoy her competitiveness, and of course, shooting.

Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree more with this post.
Throw all your stats out the window, the only stats is WINS and move on.
Without Azzi, we are already done.
For someone who doesn't pass, the late feed to AE for the layup looked pretty good to me.
Is there another freshman in the country who could knock down those foul shots?
The answer is no.
She should be shooting more, not less.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
You are not paying attention to the game. You are missing how Azzi is adjusting. She is expanding her game.

Azzi is being blanketed by defenses. She is adapting by using the mid- range jumper that Paige executed so well last night.

Reaction Score
Azzi just needs to keep on shooting............she's been short on many of her pull up jumpers recently but doesn't have that issue on her three-point shots........a simple adjustment should do the trick........

Reaction Score
Azzi has a great pull up game. It's right there with her 3 point shooting. She could get to the rim a little more. Can't fault her game much anywhere and I particularly like that she doesn't turn it over much or pick up her dribble under pressure. She is fundamentally very strong. I think her shooting would improve a little if she wasn't used every minute of the game. I think she could benefit from playing maybe 34 minutes a game or so.

Jim

Reaction Score
I guess too many of you don't remember Geno referring to Kara Wolters as a "black hole" because when the ball went into her in the low post it never came out.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Its a joke! What a humorless lot on this board! Remember it is the just a game, not life and death. Good golly Miss Molly you thought this was serious? There must be very liberal use of alum based products by some members of this board.
You are not paying attention to the game. You are missing how Azzi is adjusting. She is expanding her game.

Azzi is being blanketed by defenses. She is adapting by using the mid- range jumper that Paige executed so well last night.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's my imagination but did it seem like Wes Moore might have told his team "whatever you do, don't foul Azzi or Paige" at the end of the game. They had her trapped on the sideline and still couldn't foul her. They were going for a steal and they just didn't want to foul Azzi. The intimidation factor might just have won that game for us. They didn't want to foul one of the best FT shooters in college basketball. Did Geno design that play with that in mind?

Reaction Score
I think Azzi will be a much better ballhandler next season, and also display an ability to get a shot off when closely guarded. Right now she's a deadly shooter when given time and space. I'd like to see her work on a mid-range pullup, and quick drive to the basket to counter defenders who rush out to guard her shot.

IMO, she also needs to improve her ability to get open for passes. She can be too stationary at times, camping out on the arc. All of these things will enable her to double her shot attemps per game.

Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree more with this post.
Throw all your stats out the window, the only stats is WINS and move on.
Without Azzi, we are already done.
For someone who doesn't pass, the late feed to AE for the layup looked pretty good to me.
Is there another freshman in the country who could knock down those foul shots?
The answer is no.
She should be shooting more, not less.
AZZI is playing great basketball. She is not hitting 100% of her shots and that does disappoint. However, her full game is brilliant. Her defense is flawless. Rebounding is smart and passing is brilliant. Not to mention foul shots. The pass she got off to Evina, whilst totally trapped by two NC State players, was " magical." That led Evina to see an open Williams, and get her a clean pass for the winning lay-up. I also don't remember AZZI getting any time to rest. She seemed on the court every second ( I'm sure she was off a bit..but you get my point).

Reaction Score
I think there are a few things.

1. Continue developing into a lockdown defender.
2. Develop her skill to get open. KML was a master at getting space and she isn't as athletic as Azzi.
3. Start hunting her shot more and draw fouls. She passes up a lot of shots where things aren't perfect but she could just get fouled. She's money at the line so get fouled...

Reaction Score
Improve defensively and improve fitness level; both are interrelated.

Reaction Score
Azzi just needs to shoot more and more shots. I believe she played the most minutes in the tournament. It's hard to get minutes from Geno for a freshman like that, right? Geno is confident in her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom