Some insight into Holly's plans for the Lady Vols | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some insight into Holly's plans for the Lady Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Point well taken on the UC TN rivalry.... we certainly are in the midst of a rivalry.... that of how history will interpret the both of us..... and interest is high..... guaranteed that when UC makes FF, TN will intently be watching.... same if situation is reversed. Remember the uproar down south when the Olympic team was chosen? That is indicative of the lasting rivalry between the 2 schools..... What I hear from UT all the time are 2 things..... Pat Summitt and 8 NCs..... both of which they are facing extreme pressure from us..... we can still be civil and remain intently interested, because competition between the 2 schools in recruiting, status, etc..... is still a hot topic.

Reaction Score
If these young ladies can grow up and grow out of the bitterness, why can't we?

MAYBE 'CAUSE WE'RE OLDER??

Tamika+Catchings+Tina+Charles+Olympics+Day+gyYu9iAf571l.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I not sure but I think Biff called us a bunch of degenerates. Thing is he says it so nice it kind of makes one embrace the notion.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Actually, the vitriolic posts are made by only a handful of posters on each side. I bet if we tried to name them all, we'd have no real difficulty in doing so. (Having said that, don't start that thread anyone, please) The bitterness felt by those folks is real and it's enduring but the unfortunate truth is that it's polluted both the Boneyard and the Summitt.

If these young ladies can grow up and grow out of the bitterness, why can't we?

Tamika+Catchings+Tina+Charles+Olympics+Day+gyYu9iAf571l.jpg

I don't believe any of them were reported to the FBI.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Everything TAMU was bitter. You GROSSLY underestimate the contempt felt for TAMU. But, TAMU is like me ex, whom I don't care to continue to discuss.
No I don't underestimate the bitterness- it just has little to do with WBB.

The Battle of the Brazos was a long-standing secondary rivalry that spilled over to WBB during the relatively brief window when both schools were competing at an elite level in WBB at the same time. A&M leaving for the SEC had little to do with Baylor so much as wanting to compete for recruits with Texas and OU in football. However, anything that threatens the stability of the Big XII puts Baylor at risk of not being in a power conference if Texas and OU decided to depart as well.

But other than the bitter loss in the Elite Eight in 2011, how much of any of this has to do specifically with WBB? Meanwhile, without WBB, there is nothing connecting Tennessee and UConn. That's the difference.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think this team is going to be fun to watch.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No I don't underestimate the bitterness- it just has little to do with WBB.

The Battle of the Brazos was a long-standing secondary rivalry that spilled over to WBB during the relatively brief window when both schools were competing at an elite level in WBB at the same time. A&M leaving for the SEC had little to do with Baylor so much as wanting to compete for recruits with Texas and OU in football. However, anything that threatens the stability of the Big XII puts Baylor at risk of not being in a power conference if Texas and OU decided to depart as well.

But other than the bitter loss in the Elite Eight in 2011, how much of any of this has to do specifically with WBB? Meanwhile, without WBB, there is nothing connecting Tennessee and UConn. That's the difference.

It doesn't have to be specifically linked to WBB. The fact that it involves ALL sports makes it even that much deeper.

Reaction Score
I see Nan's point. As a guest, I will say that I am surprised at the amount of UT talk that takes place on the BY. I am not saying that it is right or wrong, just saying that UT is discussed quite a bit despite the fact that they are not on UCONN's schedule.

It will be interesting to see if there is any TAMu talk on the Baylor board. I am doubtful that they will get the time of day.
Such utter toadying to HN will only net you $500 from the Motor Vehicles Commissioner. He's getting tired of getting shaken down by every two-bit non-Husky fan visiting this basketball message board.
:p

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Man, it's a new low when two posters debate which fan base is more hate-filled.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
For the same reason that people go to auto races - a morbid expectation of seeing a car go out of control and cartwheel all over the track before it flies apart.
Dude, you a COLD dude!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It doesn't have to be specifically linked to WBB. The fact that it involves ALL sports makes it even that much deeper.
Deeper for people in Texas, maybe. Plus, unless you went there, everyone likes to hate on the Aggies. I think Alex's point is that the UConn-UT rivalry is so specific to women's basketball, and interesting to fans of the game in general, whereas TAMU and Baylor is a school to school rivalry that just happened to have one big game two years ago.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Deeper for people in Texas, maybe. Plus, unless you went there, everyone likes to hate on the Aggies. I think Alex's point is that the UConn-UT rivalry is so specific to women's basketball, and interesting to fans of the game in general, whereas TAMU and Baylor is a school to school rivalry that just happened to have one big game two years ago.

That makes a lot of sense

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...If these young ladies can grow up and grow out of the bitterness, why can't we? ...

-Huddle up, Guys! Listen up, the situation has changed and we’re going to lead the way!
TT huddle.jpg

- At my command, we all face South, singing Kumbaya
- Red Guy! You start us off in the key of C.
- Yellow Guy! You harmonize.
- Purple Guy! You… Hey, get both hands up where I can see them!
- Hold on guys. At ease… more posts are coming in!
I don't believe any of them were reported to the FBI.

- Hmmm… He makes a good point...
-Disregard my last!
-Fire Team! Linear Formation!
TT Fire Team.jpg

- Red Guy! Yellow Guy! …Flank security! Look for anything Orange!
- Purple Guy! You cover the… Purple Guy! !! Geez, stop picking flowers and pay attention!
- As Green Guy, I’ll be the Point Man again. Yeah, yeah,… Stop asking why ! ! I didn't ask for this freeking helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom