Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 199 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So you are saying that you are a Kevin Ollie fan and not really a UConn fan?

I would think that UConn getting a coach who has built 2 other programs up considerably would be welcome news.
Yes, I am a big Ollie fan, Casual St John's fan. Casual UCONN fan. Depends on the better team.

Reaction Score
Kowtowing to octogenarians just because Katie-Lou reminds them of their granddaughter Cindy is not my cup of tea, but that's why I keep myself on the men's board.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
I did not watch enough URI basketball to elaborate on what they did with their bigs but consider this: the top 3 scorers on URI this year were all guards Terrell (6'3"), Matthews (6'5"), and Dowtin (6'3"). Berry (6'8") led the bigs in scoring (4th overall on team) at 8.9 PPG.

The last time the top 3 scorers for UConn were all guards was 2011-2012 (Lamb, Napier, Boatright).

However, last year Hassan Martin (6'7") was URI's second leading scorer so it might have just been a one year outlier for URI and shows that Hurley does have a history of leveraging bigs on the offensive end of the floor.

Hurley’s work with his bigs this year was pretty impressive. Obviously most went through his guards as planned but Berry impressed for being undersized and lacking athleticism. He barely played the season before but came out this year with some solid play around the rim and a soft touch. Langevine also impressed as the season moved forward and looked like a solid piece to slide in for next few years. If Carlton, Diarra, and Whaley buy in, things will look pretty solid in the paint imo.

Also can only assume Cox is in for HC. It seemed pretty clear this is how it should play out.

Reaction Score
E37.gif

NB: this would probably not fly on the women's board
I used to play that game at the student center, lol!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's crazy to think about it, but if you step back, they effectively have NO basketball program at this current time.

They have no staff.
They have no players.
They have no recruits.

No presence anywhere whatsoever. They need to get their act together pronto.

Oh my unpronouceable friend...

They have the Parker Executive Search Group.

A firm so talented they identified Danny Hurley as a candidate for UConn.

A relative needle in a haystack: 50 miles away from GP hiding in plain sight in the AP top 15.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UTA fired Scott Cross. Pitt could do worse. Plus he’d work cheap and there is no buyout.

If I’m making their hire I just want to find someone who can get me to .400 in the league by year 3 and then reassess.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard that Oats interviewed at Pitt? A few of my friends seemed to have heard that, I didn’t see it anywhere.

I don’t think he’d take it, maybe he told them that, but I don’t see why he wouldn’t be getting their interest if they did interview him.

As unpronounceable says, they gotta do SOMETHING pronto.

Reaction Score

Has anyone heard that Oats interviewed at Pitt? A few of my friends seemed to have heard that, I didn’t see it anywhere.

I don’t think he’d take it, maybe he told them that, but I don’t see why he wouldn’t be getting their interest if they did interview him.

As unpronounceable says, they gotta do SOMETHING pronto.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Oh my unpronouceable friend...

They have the Parker Executive Search Group.

A firm so talented they identified Danny Hurley as a candidate for UConn.

A relative needle in a haystack: 50 miles away from GP hiding in plain sight in the AP top 15.
Underrated comment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's crazy to think about it, but if you step back, they effectively have NO basketball program at this current time.

They have no staff.
They have no players.
They have no recruits.

No presence anywhere whatsoever. They need to get their act together pronto.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Or do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members