Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 87 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The huge problem for Hurley, if he takes the URI offer of new practice facilities, charter flights, big bump in salary, and all the other points of negotiation that he’s asked for..

Is that how can he ever leave URI when/if he wants to go to a bigger program? You can’t ask for everything, be given it, and then look to leave when a big time opportunity comes along.

I mean, you can of course, but he must know himself well enough to know that, if THIS was a struggle for him, then can you imagine what leaving URI after getting everything he asked for would be?

The best answer at this point in his career is UConn. He gets to continue that upward trend professionally while giving up nothing personally except the good memories he had at URI.

It’s time to move on. If he doesn’t, he’s looking at URI for the rest of his career. There’d be no way he could leave with any grace or self-respect still intact.

Reaction Score
Since this has turned into one of the most Epic threads in Boneyard History, I believe the mods should edit the title.

There is no way that anything that goes down in BY annals should have the name "Jacobs" in the title. Its wrong. It just is. And that asshat will think the thread length here is a referendum on how smart and great he is.

@temery
@Fishy

no reason to not remove the name "jacobs" out of this title. It provides no thread value. Hell, even the intitial tweet the thread was based on was removed. That's how lousy the guy is.

I dont want to see this guys name every time I click here.
I just stepped in goose crap reading this. I agree.

Reaction Score
All I can say is that I'm seriously relived that Im not the only completely bat **** UCONN bball person in the world. Thank you all for sharing this psycho ride with me.

images

Reaction Score
He posts a lot with no substance
Since the train went off the rails, we have seen a massive jump in posts from people with fewer than 20 posts. The more interesting cases are the ones where people joined 3, 4, 5 or even 6 years ago and still had like 10 posts. Maybe people see this as a critical time? Maybe they are more fans of Ollie than the program? Dunno. But interesting...

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
maybe i'm not a big rhode island guy, but i don't know. i can't imagine being presented with a better job, more money, not having to move on one hand, and then on the other hand being told i'm going to have a new practice facility in 2027 or so. that wouldn't do it for me

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I still don't see how URI can just agree to a practice facility. Look how long it took us to get it done. It's not like they can just go "Alright, sure. We'll break ground a week from Monday."

agree here. have to put out the bid on design, approve a final design, put out the bid to build, work with unions, get permitting for a massive facility, all in the state of rhode island. i'm not kidding when i say (as i said above) late 2020s as a fair bet. any labor/political disputes or controversies with bidding means later than that

Reaction Score
agree here. have to put out the bid on design, approve a final design, put out the bid to build, work with unions, get permitting for a massive facility, all in the state of rhode island. i'm not kidding when i say (as i said above) late 2020s as a fair bet. any labor/political disputes or controversies with bidding means later than that
And then with what money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer