Some favorite 4 year players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some favorite 4 year players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It always amuses me that these favorite lists eventually turn into "How many UConn players can you name that fit the criteria?"

Walt Dropo...Oh, that's right. He wasn't allowed to play his freshman year.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Longtime lurker here. Huge respect and much appreciation for the knowledge on The Boneyard. What an exciting place it can be.

It's break so I thought it would be a good time to think about memories of some favorite 4 year Husky players from the past. Many players did not have obvious NBA talent and still were solid building blocks for the program over the years. Some were never drafted and some who were, but never made a career in the league. I've always enjoyed and appreciated the contribution of 4 year guys. And there something about the pride of seniors on senior night at home.

The kids who worked hard and used whatever natural talent they had, stayed true to the program, nurtured the young pups and provided some really exciting moments in key games along the way.
Some of my favorites in no particular order;

Chris smith
Sticks
Hilton
Rashad
Tony Robertson

I know there's many more.

Rashad and Ricky Moore come to mind. Moore against Duke was so valuable to winning that title.

Reaction Score
Tyler Olander.

He hasn't been mentioned yet, I don't think, but we have to include everyone, right?

If we're being earnest: Jeff Adrien, Niels Giffey (mostly for this 4th year)

Reaction Score
Can we count those who graduated after 3? Kemba and Emeka
More like guys who were not destined for the league. Those two were loto picks. Love 'em though.

Reaction Score
Tony Hanson, 3rd leading scorer at UConn with 1990 points. Senior year (my Freshman) averaged 26 pts and 10 rebounds.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wes B, Corny, Tony H, Scotty B, Neils, Adrien, Bazz, Boat, Freeman, Dyson and Uncle Cliffy
T. Brown is a close second

Reaction Score
Wes B, Corny, Tony H, Scotty B, Neils, Adrien, Bazz, Boat, Freeman, Dyson and Uncle Cliffy
T. Brown is a close second

Although Wes B couldn't play as a freshman he should be included because of graduating from UConn - Add Toby K, Ed S, Bobby B, Ron R and so many others. Cal Chapman, Al Weston, John Thomas, Jeff Carr, Randy Lavigne, Jim Abromaitis, Joey Whelton.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Although Wes B couldn't play as a freshman he should be included because of graduating from UConn - Add Toby K, Ed S, Bobby B, Ron R and so many others. Cal Chapman, Al Weston, John Thomas, Jeff Carr, Randy Lavigne, Jim Abromaitis, Joey Whelton.

Cal Chapman ! There's probably not too many of us on this board that saw Cal play or more importantly appreciate what Cal did for UCONN. Dee Rowe had to rebuild a broken down program and Cal, along with Gary Custic, and a few others did just that. Tony Hanson joined that team when Cal and Gary were upper class men - probably they were seniors. I posted once before that I think Gary Custic finished with 999 points. Anyhow, glad to see Mau and hopefully others remember Cal Chapman.

Reaction Score
Rashamel Jones for me. That '99 team brings back some great memories.
Can't believe I had to read this far to see his name. Was high on my list just for what he went through and how he kept his mouth shut and persevered. One of great pictures of all time in Uconn lore is him cradling the ball after we beat Duke!!

Reaction Score
HistoryMajor said:
Cal Chapman ! There's probably not too many of us on this board that saw Cal play or more importantly appreciate what Cal did for UCONN. Dee Rowe had to rebuild a broken down program and Cal, along with Gary Custic, and a few others did just that. Tony Hanson joined that team when Cal and Gary were upper class men - probably they were seniors. I posted once before that I think Gary Custic finished with 999 points. Anyhow, glad to see Mau and hopefully others remember Cal Chapman.
Earl Wilson, Al Vaughn were also in that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom