Some favorite 4 year players | The Boneyard

Some favorite 4 year players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Longtime lurker here. Huge respect and much appreciation for the knowledge on The Boneyard. What an exciting place it can be.

It's break so I thought it would be a good time to think about memories of some favorite 4 year Husky players from the past. Many players did not have obvious NBA talent and still were solid building blocks for the program over the years. Some were never drafted and some who were, but never made a career in the league. I've always enjoyed and appreciated the contribution of 4 year guys. And there something about the pride of seniors on senior night at home.

The kids who worked hard and used whatever natural talent they had, stayed true to the program, nurtured the young pups and provided some really exciting moments in key games along the way.
Some of my favorites in no particular order;

Chris smith
Sticks
Hilton
Rashad
Tony Robertson

I know there's many more.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Cool then, nobody can be wrong or argued with.
It's personal preference. Isn't that sort of the point of this thread? If you'd like we can discuss whether lasagna is better than manigot or vice versa.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Donnell Beverly, Craig Austrie, Donny Marshall, Rudy Johnson, Ruslan Inyatkin (was here for 4 years but redshirted one season), and Ricky Moore are a few others who deserve to be on the list.

Reaction Score
Neils Giffey was one of my favorite players by his Sophomore year and he only got better from there. A hard worker that new exactly what his role was on the team, and a somewhat unheralded player on 2 National Championship teams. The kid will always be a UConn legend in my eyes.

Reaction Score
"That's the joke" media . . .
The joke sucked. Would have been much better if you went with Nate Miles, the kid who went to Niagara, Toraino Walker, or even RJ Evans.

Reaction Score
I was about to add Chuck Okwandu, but I realized he only played 3 years. Let's assume Chuck was a four year guy, he played fabulously in the 2011 tournament. Maybe as good as anyone on the team (relative to his skill set). He also gave that epic post game interview after the Big East tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom