So My Brother Scheduled His Wedding During the Houston Game... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So My Brother Scheduled His Wedding During the Houston Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not too late to point out to your future sister in-law the upside of having the wedding AT THE RENT!!

Free band, a much bigger turnout than any of her girlfriends could imagine, just to name a couple.

Reaction Score
And I'm the best man. If we beat Tulane and are going for bowl eligibility against a top 15 team, should i ditch the wedding? Am I the only one who would plan my wedding around the UConn football schedule?
Man. If you have to ask that question you are not ready to be a best man. Of course you ditch. The best man represents what's about to be lost: freedom to do what you want thi tout getting a ration if cra p.

Reaction Score
You have to attend the wedding. Priorities are important. There is a football game every week in the fall and there will be more football games next year and the year after that. How often will your brother get married? 2 ... 3 times? 4 at the max!

Reaction Score
There is an old Three's Company episode (I'm dating myself), where Jack Tripper was in a similar conundrum (but at a funeral). He got the earpiece and listened to the game on the radio. You can make this work Phil...just make sure to not yell out when the priest asks "if anyone objects to this wedding, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Similar issue, my wife had the audacity to have her birthday be the same weekend as next years game @ BC.... Guess who is getting a fun filled b-day weekend in Boston next year!!!

Reaction Score
And I'm the best man. If we beat Tulane and are going for bowl eligibility against a top 15 team, should i ditch the wedding? Am I the only one who would plan my wedding around the UConn football schedule?

My Aunt - when I was about 13 - had her wedding during the weekend of the PSU Pitt game. Even my Aunt and my future Uncle snuck off to see who was winning... me (as a Jr Groom) and the Jr Maid of honor were watching the game. my mom took a picture of me and her when she was on my lap (we both looked like we were getting married... me in a tux, she was in a dress that matched the wedding gown.

A few hours later, JoePa showed up. (Family had season tix to PSU football since 1930s) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom