So My Brother Scheduled His Wedding During the Houston Game... | The Boneyard

So My Brother Scheduled His Wedding During the Houston Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
And I'm the best man. If we beat Tulane and are going for bowl eligibility against a top 15 team, should i ditch the wedding? Am I the only one who would plan my wedding around the UConn football schedule?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And I'm the best man. If we beat Tulane and are going for bowl eligibility against a top 15 team, should i ditch the wedding? Am I the only one who would plan my wedding around the UConn football schedule?

Well my wife was given a choice by the OceanCliff of one day in July and one day in November and didn't hesitate.

Reaction Score

You're not ditching the wedding

Reaction Score
Don't let 'em fool ya. They know EXACTLY when the games are and plan ALL family functions on those dates. Now that everything's online you can't even tell she's stolen the schedule!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What exactly is the timing of events?

Reaction Score
The 2016 SEC schedule was announced this week--article mentioned that it gives fans a year to plan weddings, vacations, etc. Priorities, people! AAC, take note.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You're not ditching the wedding

I never would. The post is meant to be in jest, but the fact that I even thought to myself, "ah crap, can't believe he picked this weekend" speaks to my level of fandom. Also, the wedding is in Georgia so no chance of hitting both. I'll be very happy to be where I'm at.

Reaction Score
I never would. The post is meant to be in jest, but the fact that I even thought to myself, "ah crap, can't believe he picked this weekend" speaks to my level of fandom. Also, the wedding is in Georgia so no chance of hitting both. I'll be very happy to be where I'm at.
Have them periscope the wedding. I think that is an excellent compromise.

Reaction Score
The good thing is that if you can find a place to watch it, at least the stadium will be full and the opponent will be ranked. After you clear up with everyone there that, yes, it is the real top 25 that Houston is ranked in and that, yes, Houston is a school with a football team, they might get into it.

Reaction Score
I'm getting married the week before the BC game next year.

We're going to be the first couple in history to honeymoon in Chestnut Hill.

Reaction Score
Is your brother a UConn alum, fan, or season ticket holder? If any of the 3, HERESY for lack of scheduling forethought! In all seriousness, congratulations to the happy couple. Had a similar dilemma: Missed the Randy Edsall return to the RENT due to wedding of best friend's daughter who is like a 2nd daughter to my wife & I. Many of the bride's family are UConn season ticket holders. We all blamed this broach on the fact that the bride & groom were PC grads.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The daughter of a family friend got married in Massachusetts last January and the reception was during the Patriots/Ravens playoff game. You never saw so little dancing and so many people crowded around 5" smartphone screens at the tables. Once the Patriots won however, the dance floor was packed and the booze flowed like Niagara.

Luckily, I was able to watch the entire UConn -Cinci game before the ceremony.

Reaction Score
The daughter of a family friend got married in Massachusetts last January and the reception was during the Patriots/Ravens playoff game. You never saw so little dancing and so many people crowded around 5" smartphone screens at the tables. Once the Patriots won however, the dance floor was packed and the booze flowed like Niagara.

Luckily, I was able to watch the entire UConn -Cinci game before the ceremony.

As I've said before (but not for years), the basketball '04 national semifinal win versus Duke was during my son's bar mitzvah reception. My wife had a TV put in the bar area so people could watch. She recognized that the option was having people in the parking lot listening to their car radios.

I love that woman.

Reaction Score

But I'm missing something. The game time hasn't been announced yet. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the ceremony itself. And how big an inconvenience would it really be to have the ceremony moved up or back by not more than 30 minutes to fit into halftime or go before the game starts or after it finishes?

Reaction Score
should've made your position known. If someone tried to get me to a wedding on a football Saturday all they're getting from me is flowers and a card I don't care who it is.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Even if I have to DVR a game, I have palpable anxiety to anyone around me.

I don't think it's crazy to plan events around UConn games and not the other way around, but people look at you like you're insane to think that.

Reaction Score
As soon as the schedule comes out I put it into my work calendar. It really helps planning.

Reaction Score
Also, the wedding is in Georgia so no chance of hitting both. I'll be very happy to be where I'm at.
In SEC territory, your brother's committed the football equivalent of a cardinal sin. On the other hand, the many "will not attend" RSVPs will save some bucks for the couple, or whomever's paying for the shin dig. Either the couple's cutting costs up front, or her father's a non-gridiron loving geek, a cheap barstad, or some other kind of hybrid. ;)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
But I'm missing something. The game time hasn't been announced yet. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the ceremony itself. And how big an inconvenience would it really be to have the ceremony moved up or back by not more than 30 minutes to fit into halftime or go before the game starts or after it finishes?

it's in georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro