So, how was the rent? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So, how was the rent?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The Rent was about half full. I hate that so many fans stand in the concourse, it makes the place look less full. But the crowd was into it. Very good vibe.
Yeah. there are easily 1000 or so at any given time in the concourse

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It was better than last year in spots. I thought early on our section was in the game, loud, and making noise on third down (CCSU‘s 3rd). But frankly it got really hot on the sunny side and people got burned out. My wife and I were exhausted, but we’re older farts now (in our 50s). Definitely not rocking like the old days, but not entirely dead either.
Yeah I had to move early in the third. It was brutal in the sun.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we’ll show more life next week against the Orange. Under the lights, beautiful fall evening. Looking forward to it!
I think the atmosphere next week will be electric. The issue is Orange looks much better then anyone expected. Underdogs last night against Louisville . All 4 ACC announcers predicted Louisville to beat Syracuse. Syracuse totally dominated them. I hope are fans make a lot of noise next week and the recievers make the tough catches.

Reaction Score
Crowd was fine for what it was even in our hey day early season noon games against weak opponents didn’t usually get great atmospheres.

That said, next week better be a big crowd that’s electric from the start. Team coming off a good showing on the road, first blowout of an fcs team in forever (albeit not in the most entertaining style), Syracuse who likes like they are good, early season night game, looking like great weather. No excuse not to have the best crowd in years

Reaction Score
I wouldn't expect a huge crowd, even for Syracuse in this situation. Fact is we've been down so long it's gonna take time to win the fanbase back. We had 22.4k announced yesterday for CCSU on a beautiful weather day. Guessing 25-28k announced for Cuse will be the max, and that would be great all things considered. Any more and that would be gravy.

The team just needs to keep playing hard and playing well. Even if the opponent is better than us by a little or a lot, if the team keeps showing fight, makes plays here & there, and maintains levels of competency and looks like they're developing, it continues to give the fans hope too. Keep on building hope and confidence.

Reaction Score
The students filled 4 sections. It will be interesting to see if they are there for a Saturday night game. They made the most noise I thought. Being a Saturday night game in the mid 60's is a positive for all involved. The game was starting Saturday and I saw cars still streaming in which I do not expect will be the case against Syracuse. It is always amazing how many fans are in motion while the game is going on. It is like a giant beehive. In lines at the concession, parading around, standing on the concourse but they are there. Everyone is tired of losing and Saturday night is a big chance to bring some of the old buzz back into the Rent.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one disappointed to not see the Dairy Bar Ice Cream truck inside the stadium? I circled the stadium twice in disbelief that I couldn't find it. 85 degrees and sunny - perfect day for it!!!

Reaction Score
Am I the only one disappointed to not see the Dairy Bar Ice Cream truck inside the stadium? I circled the stadium twice in disbelief that I couldn't find it. 85 degrees and sunny - perfect day for it!!!
All the wife wanted was some ice cream…unreal!

Reaction Score
Proximity has some built in advantages. Considering the promise of their convincing win over Louisville last week, and the sizable number of Orange alumni in the area, I anticipate a large contingent of Syracuse fans at The Rent Saturday night. This game and BC are such natural opportunities for large and exuberant crowds, we can only hope to play well enough to reignite our fanbase (especially our students) and make the Rent the place to be going forward.

Reaction Score
extremely

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Yeah I had to move early in the third. It was brutal in the sun.
Yep. And wear “navy” did not help.
Folks we’re meandering the stands during plays, arriving late, armfuls of food. Buy a grill and tailgate for heaven’s sake.

Reaction Score
It was fine. The club seats were empty. Nice crowd on the shade side. Game day operations was just amateur hour. Band playing during the intro video. Band not know what to play half the time. The cheerleaders were ok but off. Fans got apathetic as the game went on. No pump up music. No sing along song. Idk games can get boring without production. Also they need to fix the cones coming into the stadium they are beyond unnecessary

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Not really and also the cheerleaders and the bell did not help

The vibe was pretty good but I totally agree about the bell/cheerleader goat rodeo. I know it's been a while since we needed the system, but practice for victory for crying out loud!!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Concessions were tough too. There were not that many people at the game but the lines were L-O-N-G!!

Reaction Score
It was in the plans it would appear:

Contacted Dairy Bar via email this morning, they replied quickly:
The truck is scheduled to be at the home games this year and was scheduled last weekend. However, due to extreme staffing shortages it was impossible to staff both the truck and the Dairy Bar this past weekend.
We are scheduled to be there this weekend and are doing our best to fill in the staffing gaps.

Reaction Score
This was my first game at the Rent since probably 2015-2016 homecoming. I had been trying to go to a number of games the past couple years and always bailed as the losses mounted (especially against FCS). I thought overall what we had was exactly what I was expecting. 20k+ announced with around 15-18k ish in the seats. The shaded side was pretty crowded as being in the sun was extremely hot, and many people were in the concourse throughout the game shielding themselves from the sun. Was shocked by the student turnout as well. Excpecting a 30k+ announced attendance for Cuse with probably 25k in the stands judging by forecast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom