So, how was the rent? | The Boneyard

So, how was the rent?

Reaction Score
A little bit maybe. Still a ton of people not in their seats when the team came out. Walked by several people around 1150 who still seemingly had no clue there was a game about to start.
I have no idea what announced attendance was but actually fannies in seats was maybe 12-15K?

Reaction Score
It was better than last year in spots. I thought early on our section was in the game, loud, and making noise on third down (CCSU‘s 3rd). But frankly it got really hot on the sunny side and people got burned out. My wife and I were exhausted, but we’re older farts now (in our 50s). Definitely not rocking like the old days, but not entirely dead either.

Reaction Score
A little bit maybe. Still a ton of people not in their seats when the team came out. Walked by several people around 1150 who still seemingly had no clue there was a game about to start.
I have no idea what announced attendance was but actually fannies in seats was maybe 12-15K?
It's going to take time and some more semblance of competitive football. It's one thing for fans to endure lower level football for 2-3 years, but this fan base has endured, what's below lower level football? Incompetent football and not just for 2-3 years, but over a decade. It's hard to undo that quickly.

Reaction Score
It's going to take time and some more semblance of competitive football. It's one thing for fans to endure lower level football for 2-3 years, but this fan base has endured, what's below lower level football? Incompetent football and not just for 2-3 years, but over a decade. It's hard to undo that quickly.

Yeah I hadnt been to the Rent in years, maybe since Pasqualoni or beginning of Diaco but it feels like a shell of when I went to UConn back in 04'-08' and how much fun the games were or how big the tailgate scene used to be. Not surprising given the last handful of years performances but if the team improves and keeps winning or is competitive, it will fall into place.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Slightly fewer people than I expected. It did get hot as the game went on, and many people either left or went into the concourse. Weren't many spots in the game when the crowd was very into it...a few here and there. It's going to take some work to get the program and the fan base back. I was thinking the rising cost of living combined with the rising cost of season tix for hoops has people's discretionary income stretched thin, which could keep people away. But on the flip side, it's such an affordable day outside. I think it all comes down to winning.

Was watching the Backyard Brawl the other night thinking, "we used to beat these teams." Seems impossible today. We find out next Saturday at 7pm when we host the orange. See you there!

Reaction Score
Was nice to see the student section packed although it seemed louder in my section 102 than the student section. Not that we gave them too much to be excited about and given the state of the program just having students show up is a plus.

Reaction Score
It was better than last year in spots. I thought early on our section was in the game, loud, and making noise on third down (CCSU‘s 3rd). But frankly it got really hot on the sunny side and people got burned out. My wife and I were exhausted, but we’re older farts now (in our 50s). Definitely not rocking like the old days, but not entirely dead either.
I moved over to the shady side in the 2nd half. 15 degrees cooler it felt.

Reaction Score
CCSU brought some fans. However, after what we’ve been through, I wouldn’t be looking to a game against CCSU as a barometer of fan interest or anything else. We probably would have only had 28k for CCSU in our heyday.

Reaction Score
Lot of Central attendance. Rather mellow. First game I did not drink. Yes I was the jerk stamping my feet on the benches on 3rd downs. Not today. Cuse game should be more lively.

Reaction Score

I think that’s a good estimate. There were not more than 15k people in the stands, and it would have been far less if there wasn’t a good number of Central fans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I moved over to the shady side in the 2nd half. 15 degrees cooler it felt.
star wars GIF

“15 degrees cooler it felt.”

Reaction Score
Cuse will be the bell-weather as to whether interest is building. My gut tells me there will be a nice lively crowd to greet the fruits.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
While not super lively, it was not bad. Not sure what the announced attendance was, but definitely more than most games last year and relatively few left early. It isn’t unusual for a bunch of people to stay out and tailgate, which I never quite got. You can picnic in the backyard and not have to pay for a ticket or gas. And this was vs. CCSU on a holiday weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom