So Benedict says to Burton: | The Boneyard

So Benedict says to Burton:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Give Diaco year 4. next year he is out of excuses . No one can claim he didn't get a fair shot,and the kids get to see it through with the guy who recruited them here.

His fancy talk at this point rings real hollow . He has shown no substance.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I was always wanted Scott Frost. I wanted him when we hired Diaco. He just beat us with worse talent.

Diaco knew exactly what he was doing in the interview.

He was interviewing with a former OL, so he talked up smash-mouth football, running, big linemen.

I mean, sure, that football hasn't been done effectively at this level in forty years, but he knew it'd play.

zls44

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, UMass is taking South Carolina (who sucks, to be fair), right to the wire by THROWING THE BALL

Reaction Score
I said Frost is a better coach than Diaco way back, he just proved it today. He took a warm weather team to our place in the rain with inferior talent, and he kicked our asses.

Diaco needs to go. Nice guy and great cheerleader, but a horrible horrible coach.

That was winnable game we just lost.

zls44

Reaction Score
Problem is UConn doesn't have enough Burtons.

Why does anyone think Burton still even cares about UConn football?

-His kid isn't here anymore
-His coach isn't here anymore

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Give Diaco year 4. next year he is out of excuses . No one can claim he didn't get a fair shot,and the kids get to see it through with the guy who recruited them here.

His fancy talk at this point rings real hollow . He has shown no substance.

Why? After another year like this one we won't be qualified to play in the Sun Belt Conference. I also don't think that what little is left of the fanbase will be bothering to show up for the games anymore. The bleeding has got to stop soon or there will be zero left to build on.

Reaction Score
Re-hiring a boring, middle-of-the-road re-tread is the hiring equivalent of joining the MAC- it shows you aren't serious about trying to actually win big.

I don't think we'll be able to attract anyone decent.

Reaction Score
Why? After another year like this one we won't be qualified to play in the Sun Belt Conference. I also don't think that what little is left of the fanbase will be bothering to show up for the games anymore. The bleeding has got to stop soon or there will be zero left to build on.
Get another guy in here to tear it completely down, to build it up and it's a wrap. They didn't redo his contact to can him the next year. he's getting year 4.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
For those who pose the "I knew we should have gotten Herman or Frost instead of Diaco crowd"...here is what we don't know....would Frost or Herman even consider the UConn HC opportunity? My guess is no. Florida and Texas have the athletes to run their offenses. Northeast does not. Both of those coaches were hot coordinators who couldn't afford a stumble in their first coaching job.

Who knows what the truth is...but just wanting them as a head coach doesn't mean it would have happened. (By the way...I was in the we need an offensive coach category...so I am not saying this in defense of the Diaco hire)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why does anyone think Burton still even cares about UConn football?

-His kid isn't here anymore
-His coach isn't here anymore

That's my point. You can't depend on one mega donor every time you get in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom