So after reading that Michigan blog on the Rent experience | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So after reading that Michigan blog on the Rent experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rumor is we are only keeping the temporary seats and the rest are getting removed. We've got a 2300 seat stadium. :cool:

I heard they're going to take out all the seats and just draw concentric rings of red lines all around the stadium so people can just stand there behind them. That's what everyone does now, so the UConn brass figured what-the-hay, might as well get some scrap metal recycling money for the bleachers.

Reaction Score
You've heard of the "get back coach" on the sidelines whose job it is to keep players behind the line. Well I'd love to see the Rent employ some uniformed "get in your seat" patrols. Standing in the alcoves and openings should not be allowed after the game starts. It is amazing how many fans are in the stadium but not in their seats. It makes us look a lot less full than we actually are. (Sorry Sportsart!)

Reaction Score
And 75% of UConn fans left in the 1st quarter.

well, what can we expect considering that the current and historic National Powerhouse University of Michigan so completely dominated our boys from the moment the team busses pulled up to the The Rent.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
well, what can we expect considering that the current and historic National Powerhouse University of Michigan so completely dominated our boys from the moment the team busses pulled up to the The Rent.

The second those buses pulled up it was over.

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken but Iremember the size of the seats was one of the things that was mentioned when Rentschler was designed/built. The bleacher seats are 18" wide not 14" like most college stadiums have. If they went with the 14" seat it would be interesting to see what the capacity would be.

Lambeau is like that also. Go up there for a game in the winter when everyone is bundled up and everyone is on top of each other.

Reaction Score
Lambeau is like that also. Go up there for a game in the winter when everyone is bundled up and everyone is on top of each other.

I don't mind that in the cold, but I would HAAAATTTEEE that in the hot and humid weather in late August and September. Disgusting.

Reaction Score
I don't mind that in the cold, but I would HAAAATTTEEE that in the hot and humid weather in late August and September. Disgusting.

Luckily it isn't usually that hot up there. I went to opening night against the Saints two years ago and it was a perfect 80 degrees the first week of September.

Reaction Score
Luckily it isn't usually that hot up there. I went to opening night against the Saints two years ago and it was a perfect 80 degrees the first week of September.

Nice. Rubbing against sweaty guys for 3 hours isn't my idea of a good time. Thank GOD for our Rentschler Field luxury "wide-assed" seating!!!

Reaction Score
Nice. Rubbing against sweaty guys for 3 hours isn't my idea of a good time. Thank GOD for our Rentschler Field luxury "wide-assed" seating!!!

One other reason that even though my younger son and wife don't often make it, that I don't give up their tickets. Love having a blank space or two in our group of 6.

Reaction Score
One other reason that even though my younger son and wife don't often make it, that I don't give up their tickets. Love having a blank space or two in our group of 6.

Same here. We often have one or two extra seats, (not for michigan or maryland) but I consider the cost of the ticket worth not having someone spilling their beer on your shoes.

Reaction Score
Same here. We often have one or two extra seats, (not for michigan or maryland) but I consider the cost of the ticket worth not having someone spilling their beer on your shoes.

That and the fact that on the occasion that I do sell/give them up I end up with people I don't want to sit with.

Reaction Score
That and the fact that on the occasion that I do sell/give them up I end up with people I don't want to sit with.

the single seat next to ours is a "UConn seat" where they give it as a comp to random people. Apparenlty this single seat isn't that popular though, we rarely get a visitor.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
the single seat next to ours is a "UConn seat" where they give it as a comp to random people. Apparenlty this single seat isn't that popular though, we rarely get a visitor.
They're probably standing on the redline or squeezing in with their friends somewhere else.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was in the Army down south for a while. I went to almost every home game at Auburn for 2 years in late 90's and visited Athens and Southern Miss. Recently went to Vandy and "the Swamp." Comparing those stadiums to ours, a single thought that comes to mind is the room we have in our seats compared to those stadiums is night and day. I feel the game watching experience and sight lines make it a much more enjoyable experience. I am 5'8" and my brother 5'6" on a good day and both or our knees were into the backs of the guys in front of us at the Swamp. We were tailgating prior to game and had to hit head halfway through 1st QTR. It caused quite the commotion just going to the bathroom. Nevermind the lines in those bathrooms.

This reminds me a little of the differences betwen Gampel and Allen Field House in Lawrence. Gampel is newer, cleaner, has nicer bathrooms, wider seats and much, much wider aisles. Allen Fieldhouse shakes...the whole place, is insanely loud and the fire code? No chance. But I prefer Allen. All that space, and comfort sometimes saps the energy from the crowd. Not always, but it can. We've got a good stadium, the crowd was into the game and if it made a positive impression on visitors and those watching on national TV, that can't hurt our overall image.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
. Gampel is newer, cleaner, has nicer bathrooms, wider seats and much, much wider aisles... All that space, and comfort sometimes saps the energy from the crowd.

Space? Comfort? Gampel?

Reaction Score
I sometimes honestly feel claustrophobic in Gampel depending on how far from the aisle my seat is buried.

That's why I ask for aisle seats no matter what.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I sometimes honestly feel claustrophobic in Gampel depending on how far from the aisle my seat is buried.

You must be kidding. In Allen Field House they jam nearly 17,000 people in a place of similar size. Aisles are about one person wide. Google videos of the place. Gampel has a very open, airy feel to me, with really wide concourses and aisles.

Reaction Score
You must be kidding. In Allen Field House they jam nearly 17,000 people in a place of similar size. Aisles are about one person wide. Google videos of the place. Gampel has a very open, airy feel to me, with really wide concourses and aisles.

well, the Allen Field house is an over-hyped sh1tbox, a lot like that place Duke plays in.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
well, the Allen Field house is an over-hyped sh1tbox, a lot like that place Duke plays in.

It's the best college arena I've been in. Can't speak for Cameron indoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom