So after reading that Michigan blog on the Rent experience | The Boneyard

So after reading that Michigan blog on the Rent experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I asked about it on the Michigan board. I thought the responses I got were pretty fair, probably a better indication of the experience. LINK

I agree about the ads but we are not going to do anything about that in the near term. The comments on the canned music have been said on this board from time to time. We really need to utilize the UCMB much often. It's a big part of the college football experience.

Reaction Score
I asked about it on the Michigan board. I thought the responses I got were pretty fair, probably a better indication of the experience. LINK

I agree about the ads but we are not going to do anything about that in the near term. The comments on the canned music have been said on this board from time to time. We really need to utilize the UCMB much often. It's a big part of the college football experience.

I'm shocked that they didn't mention the hot chick with the zippers.

Reaction Score
When we went out to Michigan and tailgated on a dirt lumberyard parking area, endured seats that were meant for kids,
restrooms that looked like bomb shelters and then we are told that they renovated the stadium (where)? I guess they renumbered the seats and added some new brick work to the front and that was it as far as I could tell. We were constantly asked what we thought of the renovation (hard to tell, not seeing the old one),. Said they matched the brick nicely. Needy.

Thats what we seem like when we go to their board and ask what they thought of the Rent .. needy.
An older couple stopped to talk about what a lovely part of the country we live, the beauty of our campus,touring of CT in general.They loved it. They volunteer the info, we didn't ask.

Don't listen to the arrogant azzhats on MGO blog is all I'm saying.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When we went out to Michigan and tailgated on a dirt lumberyard parking area, endured seats that were meant for kids,
restrooms that looked like bomb shelters and then we are told that they renovated the stadium (where)? I guess they renumbered the seats and added some new brick work to the front and that was it as far as I could tell. We were constantly asked what we thought of the renovation (hard to tell, not seeing the old one),. Said they matched the brick nicely. Needy.

Thats what we seem like when we go to their board and ask what they thought of the Rent .. needy.
An older couple stopped to talk about what a lovely part of the country we live, the beauty of our campus,touring of CT in general.They loved it. They volunteer the info, we didn't ask.

Meh, it's all in how you do it. It's fine to solicit an opinion as long as you don't beg for validation a la Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I asked a lot of folks in this way. "Congrats on the win---but I bet we had you worried! (Grin) Hey, how did you like the overall experience and the atmosphere in the stadium?"
Not one said it was too commercial, or too small. Most loved the sight lines, comfort of the seats, our band, the spirit in the stadium, the tailgating (a surprise for many). Quite a few made the trip up to Storrs and were very impressed with the campus.
Despite the comments on their board, we made an excellent impression on most fans and on the people who really count, the leadership of the B1G.

Reaction Score
All that positive and still, UConn is in a sh-- conference with a relic for a coach and 0-3 with a lot worse to come.

Reaction Score
One thing i think most of us can agree on is some folks can be a bit 'loose' with their tone on a message board. They can be pretty obnoxious here but when u see them face to face their like a quiet little mouse.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I didn't enjoy the Big House experience. I hated the huge lines to get through the portal to get to your seat. Those lines were so long that they have someone standing at the end of each line, holding a huge sign with the section number. Otherwise, there would be a ton of confusion as the line snakes around and gets mixed in with other lines and the general stadium crowd. The seats were more cramped then Gampel. But if I was a UM fan, I'd love it. Just as a UConn fan, I love The Rent. It's a great place to watch a game, I don't need other fans to confirm my opinion (though I enjoy hearing good things). In fact, anyone who says they don't like it is a hater or is lying.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All that positive and still, UConn is in a sh-- conference with a relic for a coach and 0-3 with a lot worse to come.

All the more reason to enjoy the successes when you can. If you can't do that why bother?

Reaction Score

I was in the Army down south for a while. I went to almost every home game at Auburn for 2 years in late 90's and visited Athens and Southern Miss. Recently went to Vandy and "the Swamp." Comparing those stadiums to ours, a single thought that comes to mind is the room we have in our seats compared to those stadiums is night and day. I feel the game watching experience and sight lines make it a much more enjoyable experience. I am 5'8" and my brother 5'6" on a good day and both or our knees were into the backs of the guys in front of us at the Swamp. We were tailgating prior to game and had to hit head halfway through 1st QTR. It caused quite the commotion just going to the bathroom. Nevermind the lines in those bathrooms.

Reaction Score
I was in the Army down south for a while. I went to almost every home game at Auburn for 2 years in late 90's and visited Athens and Southern Miss. Recently went to Vandy and "the Swamp." Comparing those stadiums to ours, a single thought that comes to mind is the room we have in our seats compared to those stadiums is night and day. I feel the game watching experience and sight lines make it a much more enjoyable experience. I am 5'8" and my brother 5'6" on a good day and both or our knees were into the backs of the guys in front of us at the Swamp. We were tailgating prior to game and had to hit head halfway through 1st QTR. It caused quite the commotion just going to the bathroom. Nevermind the lines in those bathrooms.

So true. I think a big reason why you see so many fights in places like that is the encroachment. And the higher up the seats the more encroachment at the bigger games. The first time I went to a Tennessee-Alabama game I spent a quarter peering over some tall redneck's shoulder.

It's pretty cool when you are a student, but not so much for families and etc..

My first impression of the Rent was that it was too nice! But given the fanbase, it definitely offers the right stuff.

I could totally do with out Welcome to the Jungle, PC Richards and everything. Our band is a strong point. Get them more involved.

Reaction Score
While at the game I thought if there were to be an emergency evacuation many people would be trample trying to get out. Thank heaven for all the exits at the Rent.

Reaction Score
So true. I think a big reason why you see so many fights in places like that is the encroachment. And the higher up the seats the more encroachment at the bigger games. The first time I went to a Tennessee-Alabama game I spent a quarter peering over some tall redneck's shoulder.

It's pretty cool when you are a student, but not so much for families and etc..

My first impression of the Rent was that it was too nice! But given the fanbase, it definitely offers the right stuff.

I could totally do with out Welcome to the Jungle, PC Richards and everything. Our band is a strong point. Get them more involved.

I'm starting to be more contrarian on all of this - maybe we should embrace it since it's "us" and it annoys other team's fans.

If we can't win, the next best thing is to lose while annoying the everloving out of them.

Reaction Score
While at the game I thought if there were to be an emergency evacuation many people would be trample trying to get out. Thank heaven for all the exits at the Rent.

I like how the Rent lacks tunnels, etc. It's nice and open and airy feeling.

Reaction Score

Benning?

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken but Iremember the size of the seats was one of the things that was mentioned when Rentschler was designed/built. The bleacher seats are 18" wide not 14" like most college stadiums have. If they went with the 14" seat it would be interesting to see what the capacity would be.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
18/14 X 38000 = 49K +/-

I would assume our "60,ooo" seat upgrade would include this strategy.

Reaction Score
18/14 X 38000 = 49K +/-

I would assume our "60,ooo" seat upgrade would include this strategy.
From what the guy who sits next to me and did the engineering work on Rentschler told me (I asked him the same question during Michigan game) the expansion is modular and would add a third tier going from press box to press box..enclosing the endzone where scoreboard is. if they make the seats smaller the capacity will go above 60,000.

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken but Iremember the size of the seats was one of the things that was mentioned when Rentschler was designed/built. The bleacher seats are 18" wide not 14" like most college stadiums have. If they went with the 14" seat it would be interesting to see what the capacity would be.

I remember reading that the entire stadium was sized for the blue chairbacks and was supposed to include them, but cost overruns in the footings caused them to scale back somewhere else, and the chairbacks were pulled from either end. Hence, the reason for the bleacher seats' widths: they were designed to be chairback seats' widths.

Reaction Score
We can't fill our 25,000 seat stadium unless MI fans continue to show up every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom