SNY to televise UConn spring game | The Boneyard

SNY to televise UConn spring game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn just posted on their facebook that the game will be live on SNY and they will also have a replay on Sunday at 7:30pm and Monday at 11AM. Former Uconn DE Sean Mulcahy will be one of the announcers.

Hopefully we have good weather so attendance is up but good to see its finally being televised

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is great news! I'm all for more ppl being at the game and everything but this is a media tool we need to have going for us. Especially in NYC becuase no one(accept maybe a couple recruits) is going to make that trip for a spring game. Also now if theres any real sick plays, maybe we get a couple seconds on sportscenter.

Reaction Score
is there any way someone can record the game and then post it?....don't get SNY out here in CA

Reaction Score
i wonder if the change in AD has anything to do with this. either way, great news!!!

Reaction Score
If MASN picks it up, which they do for a lot of the SNY UConn games, I ll be recording it. but I cant promise anything

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I can't get DirectTv.

Anyone know if they will stream it on UConnhuskies.com?

Reaction Score
There is a rumor that UCONN paid to get this coverage on TV? Is that true? I got Comcast in CA. I hope they also offer it streaming on the Website if we can't get SNY.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
What are the chances this´ll be streamed somewhere?

Reaction Score
If UConn paid to get this on TV (not likely) but if they did, I applaud whoever had the vision to understand that this sort of publicity is important and a good investment. Smart move.

More likely though it s a part of the total UConn programming package on SNY.

Reaction Score
More importantly, why would anyone give play to a totally unsourced rumor that screams jealousy on its face?

Not everything that anyone puts on the internet needs to be considered.

Reaction Score
I don't know why UConn would even have to pay. It's not like SNY has much of anything to show during that time anyway. Big East baseball?

Reaction Score
Excellent...Will be watching (either live or taped) here in Minnesota.

Reaction Score
The rumor that UConn paid is here:

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=565381&page=2

Paid or not, who cares? Market the program.

oh, nevermind everybody, i didn't realize that the rumor came from General Mike of the Big East BBS. he a Rutgers fan with "reputation level 10" so i can't imagine a better source. that's gotta be true. if we paid it was money well spent, if not, better still.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know general mike from someplace else, ive never read the rutgers boards but he generally is reasonable on other topics.

Lots of bigger teams buy their access to the media. Im pretty sure the nets and devils buy their radio time on WFAN.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't know why UConn would even have to pay. It's not like SNY has much of anything to show during that time anyway. Big East baseball?

whens the mets game that day?

Reaction Score
I know general mike from someplace else, ive never read the rutgers boards but he generally is reasonable on other topics.

Lots of bigger teams buy their access to the media. Im pretty sure the nets and devils buy their radio time on WFAN.

From the "Press Release:"

"The Blue-White Spring Football Game is presented by DiGiorgi Roofing and Siding."

That will defray something for someone. And, there should be more.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
oh, nevermind everybody, i didn't realize that the rumor came from General Mike of the Big East BBS. he a Rutgers fan with "reputation level 10" so i can't imagine a better source. that's gotta be true. if we paid it was money well spent, if not, better still.
I have 590 trophy points on this board, is that the equivalent of reputation level 10???? I understand that I don't have "general" in my screenname, but I used a Z instead of an S so that might be a rough equivalent.

Reaction Score
We should sign up with the Mets and play a game at Citi Field. We are on SNY afterall and it would just make sense... except for wanting to be associated with the Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom