SNY Expresses Interest In Televising UConn Football | The Boneyard

SNY Expresses Interest In Televising UConn Football

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Here’s the money quote:

Raab said SNY would also be willing to consider broadcasting UConn football, if that program went independent and needed a partner to air its games.

“Some of it is: It’s still UConn in the state of Connecticut, and it’s still football at the highest level, and they have a coach that we believe in and a program we believe in,” Raab said. “Yeah, the recent years haven’t been great, but it’s still meaningful and relevant to this region and to the state of Connecticut.”

Reaction Score
I’ve said it here before. I have a college friend at SNY. They have been making UConn aware they are a football customer for two years. I’m told that having SNY as a partner should be fairly lucrative and it could be helpful in getting games scheduled. Anyone that plays us in an SNY broadcast game gets exposure in NY. Strong academic schools with lots of grads in NYC will like that.

Reaction Score
Encouraging sign. So what would you rather have? Independent and SNY, or AAC and ESPN3+?

I personally don't believe the AAC will retain UConn football any longer than necessary but for the sake of argument.....

Reaction Score
Here’s the money quote:

Raab said SNY would also be willing to consider broadcasting UConn football, if that program went independent and needed a partner to air its games.

“Some of it is: It’s still UConn in the state of Connecticut, and it’s still football at the highest level, and they have a coach that we believe in and a program we believe in,” Raab said. “Yeah, the recent years haven’t been great, but it’s still meaningful and relevant to this region and to the state of Connecticut.”
This is the best-case scenario right now. Schedule some decent opponents and get an ok tv deal with SNY.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So how do out of state fans see the game? In the past it would be on espn3 or something.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So how do out of state fans see the game? In the past it would be on espn3 or something.

The two draw backs to independence...SNY would need to keep that deal going to run out of market games on the NBCsports stream...... And bowl access will be an issue (but who cares, I just want a fun 12 game schedule).

Reaction Score
I’m not surprised, but actually getting confirmation that SNY is a ready and willing partner in this is huge for the independence venture.
My feelings exactly. I figured as much, but they've clearly floated it in the past if they're comfortable commenting on it this soon

Reaction Score
So two things can be true at the same time.
1.The move to the BE is good for UConn.
2.The football program isn't dead--or even dying. All the naysayers have been overlooking some of the positives of being Independent, including now the interest of SNY. Let's just see what happens before "abandoning fandom".

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Where do you live? I have ATT U-Verse and I am able to get SNY though an upgraded cable package that allows me to watch UConn games. I’m in Charlotte.
California. I have Spectrum/ Time Warner. Not available. Maybe it will be streamed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Where do you live? I have ATT U-Verse and I am able to get SNY though an upgraded cable package that allows me to watch UConn games. I’m in Charlotte.
I do the same with DirecTV in Charlotte. This way I am able to watch UCONN games and Yankees pre and post game.

Reaction Score
So two things can be true at the same time.
1.The move to the BE is good for UConn.
2.The football program isn't dead--or even dying. All the naysayers have been overlooking some of the positives of being Independent, including now the interest of SNY. Let's just see what happens before "abandoning fandom".

Football is dead. The quicker people accept it the easier it will be.

Fans in denial are falling for Every false glimmer of hope.

“We will be fine as an independent, it’s even better than AAC! Look at Notre Dame and BYU!”

“Ritter said they aren’t giving up on UCONN football!”

“President Herbst says they have options! That must mean they are good options!”

“We have the AAC right where we want them! They have to keep the football program!”

“SNY is interested! The lucrative deal will cause football to take off and never look back again!”

It’s over folks. The program is a dead man walking.

Nobody to schedule in 2020 and the transfers will likely be crippling.

Reaction Score
Football is dead. The quicker people accept it the easier it will be.

Fans in denial are falling for Every false glimmer of hope.

“We will be fine as an independent, it’s even better than AAC! Look at Notre Dame and BYU!”

“Ritter said they aren’t giving up on UCONN football!”

“President Herbst says they have options! That must mean they are good options!”

“We have the AAC right where we want them! They have to keep the football program!”

“SNY is interested! The lucrative deal will cause football to take off and never look back again!”

It’s over folks. The program is a dead man walking.

Nobody to schedule in 2020 and the transfers will likely be crippling.

Womp womp.

Totally ignore all the commitments since the announcement and all the renovations to the football facilities.

Time to pack it up, folks!

Reaction Score
Womp womp.

Totally ignore all the commitments since the announcement and all the renovations to the football facilities.

Time to pack it up, folks!

Do you think I want the program to die? So many awesome memories at the Rent, cheering the players on in great years and poor years.

It’s over. It pains me to say that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom