SMU game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SMU game

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This damned board!

Listen up, folks. UCONN football and UCONN basketball are NOT two different teams. They are two different sports, but they are NOT two different teams. Period.

I've seen the bball team in the stands supporting football. I've seen the bball ladies in the stands supporting men's bball. And so on, and so on.

Huskies are Huskies. You hurt yourselves by trying to hurt each other...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It is undeniably the reason we're in this awful conference. The rest just follows.
The reason we are in this conference starts at the top levels of our former administration. Blaming it solely on football is just disingenuous.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Hahahahahaha.

More predictable than the outcome of this game right now at 66-40.

Football is the reason for basketball's demise.

Unreal.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You'd be hard-pressed to find a football fan who doesn't support the bball team. The other way? Not even close.
I've been a basketball fan longer then I've been a football fan and I walked on at UConn during the Walt Nadzak era. I had B ball season tix before it was cool. Same for football. Hell, I even used to go to hockey games at the old outdoor rink. I don't favor any sport, I support them all.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You'd be hard-pressed to find a football fan who doesn't support the bball team. The other way? Not even close.
Probably because one existed long before the other but what do we know

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I've been a basketball fan longer then I've been a football fan and I walked on at UConn during the Walt Nadzak era. I had B ball season tix before it was cool. Same for football. Hell, I even used to go to hockey games at the old outdoor rink. I don't favor any sport, I support them all.
Most of us do. But I so hate the supposition that football has the hoops team where it is. Let's be real. I was a UCONN BB long before football....only because of media coverage that really came on in the late 80's. Been hooked ever since. MBB, WBB, football, hockey...but the blame game sucks and needs to go. Regardless of conference, it's incumbent on our teams and coaching staffs to improve. I'll stick to the FB board for the most part, but let's not point fingers so far away.

Reaction Score
Not going to win with Adams having a terrible game. Very unlike him, I'll let it go though..he's played well above himself the majority of the year.

Brimah and Purvis?? Can we just give Enoch and Vital their minutes? Seriously? Just bench them the next game, maybe they'll get the message..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn dropped from 102 to 116 in the Pomeroys in one night in mid-January.

And it's only their third worst loss in conference in four years.

One Hundred and Sixteenth.

They are behind St John's. St John's!

Reaction Score
UConn dropped from 102 to 116 in the Pomeroys in one night in mid-January.

And it's only their third worst loss in conference in four years.

One Hundred and Sixteenth.

They are behind St John's. St John's!

If they're not careful, they're going to end up on the wrong side of the bubble!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diaco led UConn to 119th in the Massey Composites in 2016. The bar is low Kevin -can you limbo under it?

Reaction Score
You wouldn't have a football team to root for without these guys though, back from where you came.
UConn football put UConn on the map in 1924. UConn basketball won it's first conference championship the following year.

Reaction Score
Diaco led UConn to 119th in the Massey Composites in 2016. The bar is low Kevin -can you limbo under it?
Box score is pretty ugly. 16 turnovers to 5? These players are playing with rock star mentalities, it appears. Kinda like the men's hockey team. Except Cavanaugh is doing better this season.

Reaction Score
Jeez what a game. Happy I didn't spend more than $8 on my ticket.
Grandson's first game and he cheered wildly for every husky point.

Couple of notes, 6pm was a rough start time and the crowd filled in nicely.
Spring semester starts next week

#andcounting

Reaction Score
Jeez what a game. Happy I didn't spend more than $8 on my ticket.
Grandson's first game and he cheered wildly for every husky point.

Couple of notes, 6pm was a rough start time and the crowd filled in nicely.
Spring semester starts next week

#andcounting

You're right, crowd filtered in to just below capacity...then emptied at the under 12 timeout. First live Husky game in 10 years for me...not the return I was hoping for. Not sure what's worse, that I expected a loss and hoped for more, or the fact that I wasn't surprised with the blowout.

BTW, the 20 fan-student section was chanting something to Jalen every time he touched the ball in the second half, could anyone watching on TV make out what it was?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
You're right, crowd filtered in to just below capacity...then emptied at the under 12 timeout. First live Husky game in 10 years for me...not the return I was hoping for. Not sure what's worse, that I expected a loss and hoped for more, or the fact that I wasn't surprised with the blowout.

BTW, the 20 fan-student section was chanting something to Jalen every time he touched the ball in the second half, could anyone watching on TV make out what it was?
It was "0 for 9" repeatedly when he couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Well the chant varied depending if he shot or not but you get the idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom