SMU game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SMU game

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The bright spot is that even if we weren't as bad as we are, most would've chalked up this game as one of our losses regardless.

Reaction Score
First time I can recall in a long time where it feels like they just gave up. Only guy showing half an effort is Facey, and he hasn't really been good. But what is KO to do? There is literally No one else to put in. This is beyond ridiculous now.

Reaction Score
He's shooting 60.4% for his collegiate career, and it's not like he swished both. Adams should've been shooting them, but Purvis continues to get all the leeway in the world.

Can someone explain to me why Durham got yanked after about 30 seconds? His lack of PT is inexplicable.

He shot them because he is the best free throw shooter. He stinks the beginning of the year and comes on hot later. That's just a fact. Ollie isn't an idiot.

Durham is a twig and gets eaten alive on defense. That's why he's not playing. But at this point, screw it and give him the development time. Brimah is a lost cause.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Poor play mixed with poor officiating, and this is what you get. This is a completely beatable SMU team, too. But making up this many points with a 7 man roster with 2 players in foul trouble already is going to be a monumental task. Let's hope for a miracle, or at least some more growth from our young players...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Poor play mixed with poor officiating, and this is what you get. This is a completely beatable SMU team, too. But making up this many points with a 7 man roster with 2 players in foul trouble already is going to be a monumental task. Let's hope for a miracle, or at least some more growth from our young players...

Zero point zero percent of this is on the refs. Stop. Just stop.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
First time I can recall in a long time where it feels like they just gave up. Only guy showing half an effort is Facey, and he hasn't really been good. But what is KO to do? There is literally No one else to put in. This is beyond ridiculous now.
Send a message and play the walk ons. There is never any excuse to just give up. It's embarrassing.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Essentially unwatchable

Reaction Score
Purvis is going through the motions tonight, no skin in the game, a real lack of fight by him, sad. What a hot mess we are. Getting physically punked at SMU. Again.

H

huskymagic

This team has no discipline, guys are doing whatever they want with no repercussions. Vital with a horrible lefty layup with a bigger guy on him contesting. The players play with zero confidence or swagger looking very scared of SMU. Our guys looks so weak and lack toughness. They are getting bullied.

SMU players are well coached you can tell in the way they play, pass the ball, drive with purpose, rebound well, switch on defense, and no lackadaisical play. Compare that with what we see from our players and team.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

There were some horrible calls. Good God! The phantom call on Facey. The block through the body of Vance. And so on.

I'm not saying we would be winning without the bad calls. Clearly not. But the refs have been crap so far today...

Reaction Score
Diaco got fired when he lost the team. KO has lost this team. They don't care anymore.

Reaction Score
The bad offensive call against Facey and then non-call on the Adams fastbreak was a really bad sequence by the officials. But the game was likely already over before either of those plays transpired.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brimah and Purvis on the bench to start the 2nd half, but I doubt Ollie makes a decision like that.

Reaction Score
Game in Sunday at 6 PM on championship Sunday against East Carolina should be fun. We'll be lucky to get 2000 people there. We are quickly turning into Boston College reincarnated.

Reaction Score
I agree but at this point Ollie needs to get in someone's face! Nothing to lose at this point.

Reaction Score
3 FG's from starters in the half.....they could have worn blindfolds and shot better.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I didn't think I could find anything more miserable than the way the team has played...... Well that's not true. I knew I'd find the miserable people here. Makes the game good in perspective.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I didn't think I could find anything more miserable than the way the team has played. Well that's not true. I knew I'd find the miserable people here. Makes the game good in perspective.
When people keep saying this meme (at this point), what did you expect to find in this thread? Guys passing around compliments? I'm legitimately baffled.

Reaction Score
Myron Medcalf ESPN Staff Writer
You're probably not watching, so here are a few things you should know about Connecticut. The Huskies are down by 21 (36-15) at SMU at half. They've made 22.2 percent of their shots so far. They've made a total of six shots. They're 1 for 10 from beyond the arc. These aren't typos. They're facts.

Thanks for noticing!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When people keep saying this meme (at this point), what did you expect to find in this thread? Guys passing around compliments? I'm legitimately baffled.
Same dudes. This games a stinker but the same dudes make it out like the world has ended for them. I hate the game as much as they do but I'm not going to be melodramatic about it.

Reaction Score
The thing that baffles me is the posters who say how great UConn men's basketball is, how they should be in the Big East, and how bad the AAC is for UConn basketball. UConn is now a cupcake team for the AAC teams. That is the sad thing.

Reaction Score
Same dudes. This games a stinker but the same dudes make it out like the world has ended for them. I hate the game as much as they do but I'm not going to be melodramatic about it.
Why do you come on here then? What is your expectation?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Another ridiculous call.

We suck tonight, but this nonsense is salt in the wound...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom