Skylar's first pro game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Skylar's first pro game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What does -19 mean?

Anybody notice Diggins +/- in Thursday night's game? It was -19, worst of all players. Welcome to the WNBA, Skylar! BTW, a couple other guards you might remember did a little better... Swanier +11, Hayes +16.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
What does -19 mean?

what it means is, while she was on the floor, the other team out-scored her team by 19 points. It is a bit of a deceptive stat, in that, there are 9 other players who influence that number - as well as 2 coaches. If you're on the floor with the end of your bench, up by a bunch, you might just be running out the clock, and willing to trade points for minutes. Or, conversely, you might be a "role player" on the floor with 4 starters, against the other squads' reserves, and (while you aren't doing much), your team is hammering the other guys for a three or four minute window. Over the course of a full season, it may have some value - particularly if you are playing"important" minutes - but, it doesn't mean much for the short term.

Reaction Score
I didn't think calling a player "overrated" means dislike. I also think that she is overrated. Don't get me wrong, she's a very good player and a great leader. It's just that her shot selection sometimes leaves a lot to be desired, and she has won with a lot of experienced players as her teammates.

Reaction Score
Probably all of them Nan........I don't have the stats but show them to me and prove me wrong I'm okay with that.......she shoots the ball a lot, good shots and bad shots, makes a few and misses a lot. Is this wrong? I could be I just don't see anything great about her game and when she gets treated like just another player like she will in the WNBA compared to her ND days, she will prove to be a pretty good player but nothing great at all......just one man's opinion though admittedly not a sure bet!! LOL

She won't be treated like just another player in the WNBA. They'll protect their marketable star.

She took the amount of shots her team needed her to take in order to win. ND always either met or exceeded expectations under Skylar. That's not an overrated player.

Reaction Score
I distinctly remember may 'yarders being thrilled that she would be exposed this year and that Notre Dame would fall off a cliff because she WASN'T surrounded by a lot of experienced players. Yah, that happened.

Actually reading the 'Yard, I got the impression that many fans expected what happened in the Final Four to happen in the regular season and BE Final. There was still experienced players around Diggins (ie: McBride - who killed UCONN this year, Achonwa, Wright, Turner and Braker). Like I said she's a very good player and absolute great leader, but the other players had enough experience to do the other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom