Skylar's first pro game | The Boneyard

Skylar's first pro game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Anybody notice Diggins +/- in Thursday night's game? It was -19, worst of all players. Welcome to the WNBA, Skylar! BTW, a couple other guards you might remember did a little better... Swanier +11, Hayes +16.

Reaction Score
I can't gloat over this, but if it continues it will reaffirm my feeling that she was overrated as a result of good teammates and looks.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, neither Geno nor Tara was interested in her...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I think it's telling that non-rookies who DIDN'T get smacked in the face so hard they needed stitches did better than a rookie who did.... don't you?

Honestly, I'm getting an urge to start cheering for her -- which I would have done anyway 'cause I like the Shock under coach K.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Diggins is a great player. And since she has graduated maybe more fans will recognize her talent and focus less on their general dislike for her. Diggins, I'm guessing, has more wins against UCONN than any other player ever has in the Geno era? Not bad for an overrated player relying on the talent of her teammates.

Reaction Score
For the life of me I can't figure out any justification for a fan to even consider gloating because a player had an off night. Any player.
I apologize, Kibitzer for the use of the term "gloat" in that context which implies that somehow I want to gloat over a player having a poor night. I don't. I do feel as many here do that Diggins, while being a very talented player, is overrated by the press. I could be and would like to be wrong about that but only time will tell.
Radylady, I've been around these parts and a season ticket holder for a few years so the shiny moniker of "newbie" makes me feel young again....thanks

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This league needs all the help it can get to stay in business. Young players bring more fans to the game. It behooves all of us to hope for their success to keep the league alive.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Jeeezus - Diggens had a so - so exhibition game her first time out in the WNBA and some people feel the need to use that as proof that she was over rated. I hope she scores 30 in her next game just to prove them wrong. I don't understand the need to crap on a player just because she played on a team that beat UConn. Candace Parker also comes to mind.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
It might behoove all the intelligent regulars who responded to reread the original post. Nothing negative was said about Diggins. It pointed out her stats in that game and also noted it was her first WNBA game.

But then again that didn't stop the WBB experts here from criticizing someone who isn't in the clique for something they didn't say.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
And Tiff got her nose broken last year. Welcome to the big leagues.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It might behoove all the intelligent regulars who responded to reread the original post. Nothing negative was said about Diggins.
Really? How did every other first year WNBA player do in their first game? Any posts on other players that ignore the points scored (9), assists (3), and steals (2) to point out only the bad stat?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Man, I hope BG and EDD have good first games. If they don't the critics will be coming out of the woodwork to give them a little what-for.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I can't gloat over this, but if it continues it will reaffirm my feeling that she was overrated as a result of good teammates and looks.

I never thought for one moment that she was overrated. She won with a lot of upperclassmen and then again with inexperienced teammates. Did it ever occur to you that she made her teammates look better instead of them making her look better.

She was a multi-AA selection player, and I think on media and choaches AA teams.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There have been other great player who never won a title. Lisa Leslie never even made a Final Four, if I'm not mistake.

Reaction Score
There have been other great player who never won a title. Lisa Leslie never even made a Final Four, if I'm not mistake.

Took her a lot of shots to beat UConn a few times......she had good teams/teammates......she made some big shots but missed some big one's too because she was the one taking them......she's good but overrated no doubt!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Took her a lot of shots to beat UConn a few times......she had good teams/teammates......she made some big shots but missed some big one's too because she was the one taking them......she's good but overrated no doubt!
Just curious, mau, how many non-UConn/ND games you've seen Diggins play?

Reaction Score
Wow, the haters will hate!!! Skylar is a great player and we were lucky to see her play in all those games vs UConn.

Reaction Score
For the life of me I can't figure out any justification for a fan to even consider gloating because a player had an off night. Any player.

Would you like me to explain it to you ?
(or you can just watch some old game videos)

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Really? How did every other first year WNBA player do in their first game? Any posts on other players that ignore the points scored (9), assists (3), and steals (2) to point out only the bad stat?

And so it follows logically that if Brittney Griner doesn't block a shot in her first WNBA game, it cannot be a fair stand alone comment unless you list her full stat sheet ? I think it would be an observable event merits a stand alone comment.
Regardless of the rest of the stat sheet, or her injured lip, or whatever else you want to add her +/- is an observable event and measurement and can be mentioned alone. In that first post, there wasn't any discussion knocking Skylar only comments praising other former players.

I can understand going after commentary and opinions. Its fair game. But now we are going after facts because they weren't presented in an acceptable manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom