Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
The MAL swap was largely because Cooley was in MAL's ear the entire time he was committed here, the Miller talk was just a cop out.
Probably. I also think MAL might've thought we'd have a far better season and then Jalen might consider going pro.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
From the St. John's forum since they keep posting husky99's stuff to their board:

"Heard it'S a 2 horse race with UConn having a slight edge. Also UConn looking for a return to the Big East soon"

Would that mean indy football?

I can't imagine the AAC wold let UConn be a football only member.

the Q

Reaction Score
Interesting point about the violations for tampering with recruits after they sign their LOI. I actually never thought of that but I agree there should be some sort of punishment. I mean, the NBA and NFL has rules against tampering and I think thats a lot more harmful in the college game.

Except when it's Mark Cuban actively NOT recruiting Lebron and still getting fined for tampering. LOL

the Q

Reaction Score
Impossible to prove, unless a kid has an axe to grind post matriculation. Even then though...

Phone records should do the trick.

One call or text from a Providence coach's number should be more than enough.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
From the St. John's forum since they keep posting husky99's stuff to their board:

"Heard it'S a 2 horse race with UConn having a slight edge. Also UConn looking for a return to the Big East soon"

Kinda amazing with how delusional some of them on that board are... one post they say that their program is in same class with uconn, next post they're pissed Rutgers beat out HAWAII for a recruit lol

Reaction Score
So if he, and let's say Waters commits, your narrative will change?
My narrative has never been about a crappy season. Waters decision either way won't change my narrative. Wilson will be a very encouraging sign and certainly will change the narrative. How about you? If both guys commit, will that disprove that 1 poor season has little to no impact on recruiting?

Reaction Score
@husky99 An "insider" on the st johns board said the situation is getting "nasty" between the 2 sides(family v coaches) and that sid is being pulled strongly in both directions(UConn v Johnnies). But also said sid has a prefernece which he didnt disclose. Dont know how credible he is so I figured i'd run it by our guy. Can you confirm or deny?

Reaction Score
@husky99 An "insider" on the st johns board said the situation is getting "nasty" between the 2 sides(family v coaches) and that sid is being pulled strongly in both directions(UConn v Johnnies). But also said sid has a prefernece which he didnt disclose. Dont know how credible he is so I figured i'd run it by our guy. Can you confirm or deny?

LOL. The things that get posted on these boards is laughable!

Does anyone honestly believe that coaches would get into fights with families? Especially coaches at a New England Prep school? Holy cow.

Reaction Score
Have sympathy for Sid as his mother passed away in 2015 so maybe the rest of his family wants him in the city, but UConn is not that far away and is a much better program for him and his future imo.....the subway ride from the Bronx to Jamaica isn't a picnic either but definitely more convenient than driving to Storrs if that's an issue ....doubt family & coaches getting nasty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL. The things that get posted on these boards is laughable!

Does anyone honestly believe that coaches would get into fights with families? Especially coaches at a New England Prep school? Holy cow.
Idk how this stuff works. Lol. I mean maybe if the coaches want him at UConn because they know it'll better his career and the family wants him at hime just for convenience. I can see a coach getting frustrated especially if him and tge kid have a close relationship.

But idk if its true. If it is 99 would know

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score

Probably because, as I already explained, the coach of St. John's is barely a coach.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Phone records should do the trick.

One call or text from a Providence coach's number should be more than enough.

You still have to prove what was said.

Reaction Score

That is what i heard also. I think i stated on this thread or a pm to someone.. sick kids who are not sleeping

intlzncster

Reaction Score
My narrative has never been about a crappy season. Waters decision either way won't change my narrative. Wilson will be a very encouraging sign and certainly will change the narrative. How about you? If both guys commit, will that disprove that 1 poor season has little to no impact on recruiting?

I don't think it's just because of one poor season. But that poor season definitely is feeding the UCONN shambles/instability narrative. You don't think other coaches are using this? I'd be willing to bet all the money in the world that they are.

the Q

Reaction Score
You still have to prove what was said.

They shouldn't be talking to him period.

And text is easy enough to prove.

the Q

Reaction Score
UConn indy football. hahahahahha

I didn't say it was a good idea.

Just wondering what we would do with football if we joined the BE. What conference would take uconn for football only?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They shouldn't be talking to him period.

And text is easy enough to prove.

You can't monitor every single recruit though. It's impossible. Maybe the NSA.

I highly doubt the NCAA is allowed to ask for recruits phone info. And coaches often use burner phones, so you're sh@#t out of luck on that score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom