Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The MAL swap was largely because Cooley was in MAL's ear the entire time he was committed here, the Miller talk was just a cop out.

Reaction Score
Don't think they had anything to do with it. It was likely a lot on KO, a fair amount on Cooley, and some on Miller.
Maybe "guilt" in the sense that UConn stopped recruiting 2017 PG's after MAL signed LOI.....regardless of the fault it was a massive waste of time and resources....but if Cooley was in his ear after he signed LOI that should be a violation.

Anyway back to Sid Wilson, hope to see you in Storrs!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don't think they had anything to do with it. It was likely a lot on KO, a fair amount on Cooley, and some on Miller.

The "blame" falls to a really crappy year, a lot of bad press and instability and an 18-year old who understandably got cold feet.

It's not Cooley's fault.

Reaction Score
Please stop with this narrative of one crappy year being a catalyst for where we find ourselves. I can only wish going 16-17 in an injury riddled season playing only 6 scholarship players was the reason why things look and feel so bleak.

And fwiw, it's not our conference either. UConn can and should recruit over that.

Reaction Score
Please stop with this narrative of one crappy year being a catalyst for where we find ourselves. I can only wish going 16-17 in an injury riddled season playing only 6 scholarship players was the reason why things look and feel so bleak.

And fwiw, it's not our conference either. UConn can and should recruit over that.

It's reality I'm afraid.

Reaction Score
Maybe "guilt" in the sense that UConn stopped recruiting 2017 PG's after MAL signed LOI.....regardless of the fault it was a massive waste of time and resources....but if Cooley was in his ear after he signed LOI that should be a violation.

Anyway back to Sid Wilson, hope to see you in Storrs!
Interesting point about the violations for tampering with recruits after they sign their LOI. I actually never thought of that but I agree there should be some sort of punishment. I mean, the NBA and NFL has rules against tampering and I think thats a lot more harmful in the college game.

Reaction Score
From the St. John's forum since they keep posting husky99's stuff to their board:

"Heard it'S a 2 horse race with UConn having a slight edge. Also UConn looking for a return to the Big East soon"
We need to find a way to close this out while we have the advantage. Dont give him time to change his mind. Finish it off KO

Reaction Score
Not every excuse is invalid
A bad year with well documented injuries does not have an impact on recruiting. To use that as a reason for our current state is in fact an excuse. In reality, the problems are much deeper than last years record.

Reaction Score
A bad year with well documented injuries does not have an impact on recruiting. To use that as a reason for our current state is in fact an excuse. In reality, the problems are much deeper than last years record.
The bad yr has indeed had an impact on this off season. How much? None of us know

Reaction Score
If we ever need another player, I have eligibility and scored 5 points in my rec game the other night

Reaction Score
I don't think he would, Kevin Ollie could point to the players if he wanted to justify the season Uconn just had. Ollie has accomplished more than any St.John's coach ever has. And, Uconn is still a premier program despite a losing season.

That said, if the wheels come off for years on end, he could be replaced. I don't see that happening.

You know, you could make the case that Uconn is a better program than UK last 10 years. It's a damn good case, too.

This is from the st johns board regarding wilson. This poster is more optimistic about UConn than half the ppl on this board. Lol

Reaction Score
I don't think he would, Kevin Ollie could point to the players if he wanted to justify the season UConn just had. Ollie has accomplished more than any St.John's coach ever has. And, UConn is still a premier program despite a losing season.

That said, if the wheels come off for years on end, he could be replaced. I don't see that happening.

You know, you could make the case that UConn is a better program than UK last 10 years. It's a damn good case, too.

This is from the st johns board regarding wilson. This poster is more optimistic about UConn than half the ppl on this board. Lol
You mean, they don't think everything about UConn sucks, and will suck forever while we spin off into a vortex of suckitude? They're crazy!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't think he would, Kevin Ollie could point to the players if he wanted to justify the season UConn just had. Ollie has accomplished more than any St.John's coach ever has. And, UConn is still a premier program despite a losing season.

You know, you could make the case that UConn is a better program than UK last 10 years. It's a damn good case, too.

That's really not that different of an opinion than most of us on this board have.

UConn is an elite program and has been an elite program under Ollie.

That being said if the program continues on a downward trend, we would have to make a move. I hope that doesn't happen and like nearly all posters, really want it to be KO that is at the head of a successful program for years to come.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The "blame" falls to a really crappy year, a lot of bad press and instability and an 18-year old who understandably got cold feet.

It's not Cooley's fault.

You don't think Cooley continued to recruit the kid after he committed? I know that it is more common now (though maybe it's always been that way), but it's really poor form. imo

Or that KO didn't continue to recruit the kid 'enough' on his own post commitment?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

What is the narrative? Just last year we had a bonzer recruiting class. What's the difference now?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
From the St. John's forum since they keep posting husky99's stuff to their board:

"Heard it'S a 2 horse race with UConn having a slight edge. Also UConn looking for a return to the Big East soon"

Johnnies still clueless it seems.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Interesting point about the violations for tampering with recruits after they sign their LOI. I actually never thought of that but I agree there should be some sort of punishment. I mean, the NBA and NFL has rules against tampering and I think thats a lot more harmful in the college game.

Impossible to prove, unless a kid has an axe to grind post matriculation. Even then though...

intlzncster

Reaction Score

So if he, and let's say Waters commits, your narrative will change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyThief

Top Bottom