Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we're saying Diarra's knees are toast??????
No, but you play your best players and that would be most likely JA, AG, SW and TL at Power Forward. Diarra can play center or back up at PF. I think KO is going to really look to be able to score more on offense with a smaller lineup and SW would fit in there perfectly.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Inside.

So is it Texas Bell Ringer time?

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
If the parents do not want the kid away from home at all, what is KO supposed to do? Ask the kid to tell his parents to f#@k off?
You can make any excuses you want for not getting the job done. If we somehow whiff on Sid and Tremont it will be the final nail in the coffin for us getting our s kicked in this recruiting season. I think Wilson is coming here so a moot point but it is what it is, you ether get the recruits or you don't.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You can make any excuses you want for not getting the job done. If we somehow whiff on Sid and Tremont it will be the final nail in the coffin for us getting our ****s kicked in this recruiting season. I think Wilson is coming here so a moot point but it is what it is, you ether get the recruits or you don't.

So that's a 'yes'?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
FWIW, we just picked up another Crystal Ball for Tremont.

Recruiting is nuts, but I love it.

That probably means we aren't getting him. So there you go.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's real or not, but I read a tweet on Sidney Wilson's page that he won't be making a decision until after May 27th?

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
That sounds more like he's taking a guess than has inside info.

True, just interesting. People still have Florida picks in for him which tells you something.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's real or not, but I read a tweet on Sidney Wilson's page that he won't be making a decision until after May 27th?
You did. Then there were tweets that he'd commit tomorrow... and then there were tweets that he won't commit tomorrow... and then there were tweets that he would in fact commit tomorrow. So yeah.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What happened to the thread you started?

Reaction Score
We need to close on Sid Wilson or it will be a big recruiting failure. Two things are concerning at this point.

1.) One is all the crystal ball picks the day before he announces are going for St. John's which is obviously not a good sign.

2.) Quotes from Wilson's father regarding both UCONN and St. John's does not sound good for us. He starts by saying the THING ABOUT UCONN. Goes on to talk about rebuilding situation.

"The thing about UConn is, Kevin Ollie is very respectful," Sidney Wilson Sr. told SNY. "I like their coaching staff. They're close to home so they're still pitching the home element, too. Far away from the city, but not too far away. They had a couple bad games, but they're looking to turn things around and they're looking for Sid to be a major part of that turnaround in that rebuilding situation. They brought in a great development guy, [associate head coach] Raphael Chillious. His reputation speaks for itself in terms of development. And it's a great campus."

As for St. John's, the senior Wilson cited the chance to play in New York City, and he said coaches Chris Mullen and Mitch Richmond have strong NBA ties and a "three-year plan to get him his degree and get him to the NBA."

intlzncster

Reaction Score
2.) Quotes from Wilson's father regarding both UConn and St. John's does not sound good for us. He starts by saying the THING ABOUT UConn. Goes on to talk about rebuilding situation.

"The thing about UConn is, Kevin Ollie is very respectful," Sidney Wilson Sr. told SNY. "I like their coaching staff. They're close to home so they're still pitching the home element, too. Far away from the city, but not too far away. They had a couple bad games, but they're looking to turn things around and they're looking for Sid to be a major part of that turnaround in that rebuilding situation. They brought in a great development guy, [associate head coach] Raphael Chillious. His reputation speaks for itself in terms of development. And it's a great campus."

How you can turn that bit into a negative is beyond me.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it's a commitment changing decision but let's say you're a recruit who told a coach you were coming there but aren't announcing until tomorrrow. The coach then tells someone who tweets it. How would you react? I don't know if Oz is connected or not but many think he is. What is in it for Ollie that he has no problem with this guy shooting his mouth off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom