Sid Wilson visting Thursday | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson visting Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like your positive attitude but I wouldn't hold your breath. We made a lot of ground up but I think he was the kind of kid that if we didn't get a verbal on the visit, game over from what I hear

"Made up a lot of ground" but still "game over"? That's depressing. Thought we had a real shot at this kid once he re-classified.

Reaction Score
Oh spare me with your melodrama. Because one kid no one on this board has heard of "tweeted" something it's a proxy for what 18 year olds think? You're just like freescooter, your unrelenting nonsense just blends in a little more these days because collective morale is so low.

It's a piece of data. The fact that we can't get the time of day from any top recruits is another. They add up to a fairly unflattering picture.

That kid's tweet is absolutely consistent with what we're seeing.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
I like your positive attitude but I wouldn't hold your breath. We made a lot of ground up but I think he was the kind of kid that if we didn't get a verbal on the visit, game over from what I hear
Always making up ground , what were they doing for the last year or even 6 months...

Reaction Score
"Made up a lot of ground" but still "game over"? That's depressing. Thought we had a real shot at this kid once he re-classified.
The reality of the situation is really bad right now. Ollie needs to win big and win big now to change the cycle but he needs more good players to do that. He's kind of in a lose lose situation no matter how you slice it. Hope for the best but don't expect it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why??? Lmao. They are what we're afraid to become lol

Or if you ask Tenspro, we're already there.

Curtis Haywood doesn't think UConn is a blue-blood. That makes it official, we're done for.

Reaction Score

Curtis Haywood doesn't think UConn is a blue-blood. That makes it official, we're done for.

That whole situation is being overblown by us. It is a G Tech fan going at a UCONN fan on twitter and tagging the 3* recruit, who laughed at one of the comments. Its not like the recruit is going out of his way to dump on UCONN or anything like that.

Reaction Score
Recruiting poorly, which is why we have a new top assistant.

How were we recruiting poorly? Our 2016 class was #9 in the nation and i actually liked our 2017 class with MAL. If we hadn't had all the turmoil, we probably could have added another nice piece to the 17 class. I'm not doubting you, just trying to understand how things went downhill so fast.

Reaction Score
How were we recruiting poorly? Our 2016 class was #9 in the nation and i actually liked our 2017 class with MAL. If we hadn't had all the turmoil, we probably could have added another nice piece to the 17 class. I'm not doubting you, just trying to understand how things went downhill so fast.
16-17 in 16-17.

Reaction Score
well when you lose half of a class to transfer I think the recruiting rank is useless. recruiting isn't about the class rank, it's about how the players play on the court.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Our dear Chief is kinda like Trump. Thinks he's three levels of magnitude smarter than he really is, will ramble on about something that initially makes sense in his head, which often unfortunately leads to him saying some near-unbelievably stupid stuff
NO POLITICS
or can't you resist taking cheap shots

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Was wondering when we would hear again from some of the Mr. Negatives who've been hibernating - haven't you Stair?

Reaction Score
It was great on paper, and I was pretty confident we'd turned the corner with that class, combined with the fact that each class from 2013 through 2016 got progressively better.

But then three kids transferred and our best 2017 commit asked out of his LOI and the coach himself said something to the effect of "we've got to target different kinds of players."

I'm a big KO backer and think he's a much better coach than many here give him credit for. But recruiting has killed us and needs to improve, as does player development. Credit to KO and the staff for making the personnel moves they felt they needed in order to start getting better grades in both of those particular facets of the job, even if some of the fallout was ugly.

C

Chief00

Our dear Chief is kinda like Trump. Thinks he's three levels of magnitude smarter than he really is, will ramble on about something that initially makes sense in his head, which often unfortunately leads to him saying some near-unbelievably stupid stuff

Oh really, like Diaco being fired, Drummond coming, Miller and Travis being canned - yeah totally stupid stuff !
Unbelievable stupid is talking politics on a forum where the moderator posted for months not to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Recruiting poorly, which is why we have a new top assistant.
Yep, we are losing all of Glen's New England connections at the same time we have to make up ground on all these players - something h doesn't add up?

Reaction Score

The bunkey stuff is dumb. No doubt.

But I find it funny how everyone rips on Chief all the time when hes been right about a lot of things lately that a lot of people initially made fun of him for.

I also think it's funny how everyone calls him looney when literally half of this board has been living in a fantasy land for the last year.

C

Chief00

This post doesn't make sense. Someone calls you out and you completely back off or your original post. If you don't know something you don't need to BS. Sure you know some things but when you don't know something why don't you say so.
I have no clue what you are trying to say? How did I back off my post?

C

Chief00

99 I hope you are wrong on this one - I am closer to CGarr on this one. But, I am desperate for good news so hopefully that's not influencing my read on things.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's really Waters or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads